• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Beware of "Inactivity"

Cat TB

Farmer
I participated in the last PvP week. Then I get the message saying I did not earn any rewards due to "Inactivity". Since I clearly fought battles, I figured it was a bug. The reply from Inno was: "The PVP Arena requires a certain amount of battles every week to be considered as active. Unfortunately we cannot share how much battles this are exactly."

Since the definition of inactivity is "the state of doing nothing", and I sure did more than nothing, I found Inno's response to be both unacceptable and extremely troubling. The rules should be clear. Players should know what exactly what's required to win a prize. This unclear reference to "activity" is also in the wording about the new Castle being rolled out. So be careful. Inno thinks this is all fine and dandy...

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Inactivity in arena was known to be an arbitrary threshold of some sort - same as inactivity in GBG (though we know the threshold there is 40 progress/week). The basic premise is not "do more than nothing" but "do an amount that would be considered normal for someone who cared at least a little". While I've gotten dinged repeatedly for inactivity in arena as someone who doesn't care, the threshold isn't that high (probably somewhere around 10-20 fights a week).

Thunderdome

Emperor
If everything comes with an Owner's Manual on how something is done, the game would have been a better place. I hardly bother with the PVE Arena (I get bots so it's anything other than PVP). It's only quest fodder for when I need to get those fights/destruction of units in that I could not do with neighbors or GE so I could care less if I get rewarded or not for activity in this category.

Cat TB

Farmer
The point is that it's unethical to have a system where it's not crystal clear how prizes are to be achieved. People could be wasting resources. Between GBG, GE, special events, PVP, etc this game requires a lot more time than it used to. At a minimum the rules should be clear so people don't waste their time.

apparently you are also flagged as "inactive" if you lost your pvp defending army (e.g. if you used those units also in gbg) and have not assigned new units to it BEFORE monday starts, even if you fought multiple battles in pvp on the previous (sun)day.

Emberguard

Emperor
The game does specify to opt out of the Arena you unassign your defending army. So losing those units shouldn’t be a surprise as opting out of the Arena.

However you would have to go out of your way to use them outside PvP given they’re not visible outside PvP arena once assigned. Though if you use attached units and delete the building that houses them then you wouldn’t have a defending army.

The game does specify to opt out of the Arena you unassign your defending army. So losing those units shouldn’t be a surprise as opting out of the Arena.

However you would have to go out of your way to use them outside PvP given they’re not visible outside PvP arena once assigned. Though if you use attached units and delete the building that houses them then you wouldn’t have a defending army.

wrong; the units used in defense are still assignable for an attack army outside of PvP; perhaps this is a bug, but it can happen unintentionally that they may die.
example: you can assign the same units to pvp arena as your neighborhood defending units, which you can also use as attack units in any fight. if those die, both defending armies lose the units.

Emberguard

Emperor
example: you can assign the same units to pvp arena as your neighborhood defending units, which you can also use as attack units in any fight. if those die, both defending armies lose the units.
Ok, why are you using your defending units to attack?

On mobile (live servers) it’s not allowing me to assign blue units to yellow defending. So perhaps it is a bug.

estrid

Baronet
I participated in the last PvP week. Then I get the message saying I did not earn any rewards due to "Inactivity". Since I clearly fought battles, I figured it was a bug. The reply from Inno was: "The PVP Arena requires a certain amount of battles every week to be considered as active. Unfortunately we cannot share how much battles this are exactly."

Since the definition of inactivity is "the state of doing nothing", and I sure did more than nothing, I found Inno's response to be both unacceptable and extremely troubling. The rules should be clear. Players should know what exactly what's required to win a prize. This unclear reference to "activity" is also in the wording about the new Castle being rolled out. So be careful. Inno thinks this is all fine and dandy...

I agree. I has participated before and got to the diamond chest during the summer. This week I had just moved to Age Mars (on live) -couldn't really fight, so checking the log reveals 2 succeeded battles and one lost during the last 7 days. But I got 'inactivity' -message despite. It were nice to know, what is the limit of being 'inactive'.

Emberguard

Emperor
I agree. I has participated before and got to the diamond chest during the summer. This week I had just moved to Age Mars (on live) -couldn't really fight, so checking the log reveals 2 succeeded battles and one lost during the last 7 days. But I got 'inactivity' -message despite. It were nice to know, what is the limit of being 'inactive'.
My guess (and this is just a guess as I haven’t done any testing at all to verify my theory) is it may be points based, possibly the equivalent amount needed to reach the first monthly chest.

Lydia73

Merchant
wrong; the units used in defense are still assignable for an attack army outside of PvP; perhaps this is a bug, but it can happen unintentionally that they may die.
Are you playing on mobile? I guess it's a bug - on PC you can't assign PvP units anywhere else, you don't even see them.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto vom 2021-08-16 10-04-31.png
    Bildschirmfoto vom 2021-08-16 10-04-31.png
    385 KB · Views: 5
  • Bildschirmfoto vom 2021-08-16 10-04-53.png
    Bildschirmfoto vom 2021-08-16 10-04-53.png
    402.3 KB · Views: 5