• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Better Ads integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Reason
The setup currently being tested interferes with gameplay
Details
- Ads should only be watchable in the Tavern
- Watching an Ad creates a special action token
- up to X (5??) tokens can be saved up
- maybe tokens "decay" after 24 hours
- there may be a limit of Y ads per hour
- tokens can be used in certain places to pay for that feature, like:
- aid all
- collect all
- heal all?
- ...?
- certain features may cost more than one token
Balance
up to devs
Abuse Prevention
depends on implementation - no abuse possible if done well
Summary
improve the ads integration
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
no, as it is a new feature this was not up to discussion before - I made a similar comment in the spoiler thread already though

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

Thunderdome

Emperor
For those of us that don't have this, you want to elaborate on how it interferes with gameplay? This way, we (the rest of us who doesn't have this) know what is going on. Plus, screenshots would help as well if it's like what I had predicted that would happen in my comments in the spoiler thread.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
You can see what is implemented in the feedback and spoiler threads regarding the ads, the tavern and the aid all

Currently you have to watch an ad to start the aid all - thus the aid all is not performed when you want it but after the ad only - that is a problem not only because timings gets shifted unnecessarily but also when the ad fails to load for whatever reason or there are other failures everything gets messed up.

The way I propose it, Ads can be watched whenever there is time for that, while the benefit can be reaped when needed.

Rosiemarrie

Steward
I'm getting the adds as a little option on the tavern. After I've clicked it the Aid ALL is available for the 4hours that the extra tavern bonuses are active for. At least that appears to be how it's working. I've not had to click on anything on the Aid ALL for an add... but then I have clicked it on the tavern quite regularly.

Silly Beaver

Merchant
Ad interfering with play. Currently special quest (watch ad) has locked up my DQ's and RQ's. It says watch an Ad, get a coin. Nowhere is there Ad for me to watch to get this coin. Concurrently this special quest has locked up my quests so I cannot rotate to collect forge points quest or unbirthday quest. If ads are to be optional they should not interfere with current gameplay. Moving forward if they want to interfere with new features then so be it.

Ironrooster

Baronet
Well I have the "Aid All" all the time and I don't have any ads. I really like it this way.

I also seem to be getting all the boosts on the Tavern Boost tab all the time. They run for 4 hours then the lute symbol appears and the next time I click on the tavern it activates the boosts for another 4 hours.

Looks like they are testing several possible implementations.

CrashBoom

Legend
It doesn't matter if You have FoE plus or not.
Even if You have adblocker or not, Browser version of the game doesn't have ads inside of it yet, only the mobile app does.
it matters for the fact that Ironrooster gets Aid All for free without watching ads

if he uses FoePlus then that would explain why he don't need to watch ads

:rolleyes:

I don't have foe+ or ads.
and you don't have aid all for free :p

-Alin-

Emperor
it matters for the fact that Ironrooster gets Aid All for free without watching ads

if he uses FoePlus then that would explain why he don't need to watch ads

:rolleyes:

and you don't have aid all for free :p

No, @CrashBoom, You are wrong again.
In PC aren't ads YET(Inno could not introduce them so far for Browser, so everything is free), I have everything free too(aid, tavern, quests and special incidents), if I switch to phone I have to Watch ads.

.Chris

Baronet
Well I have the "Aid All" all the time and I don't have any ads. I really like it this way.

I also seem to be getting all the boosts on the Tavern Boost tab all the time. They run for 4 hours then the lute symbol appears and the next time I click on the tavern it activates the boosts for another 4 hours.

Looks like they are testing several possible implementations.
Same for me; on PC it just auto-activates all the features

Rosiemarrie

Steward
Agreed on PC it just auto-activates the features (currently).

I don't have the beta app on my phone so haven't seen the adds yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.