• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Beta Mobile App Feedback/ Bugs

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
This space is dedicated to the Mobile Beta Program. Therefore, should you encounter any bugs on the Mobile Beta version, please report them here.

Also, please do not report bugs you found in the Play Store in this thread. You can find all the details here.

Last edited:

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
This is entirely optional for players with an interest in testing this. No diamonds are awarded for this.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
No need to uninstall but please ensure yo do the following:
There is no additional account needed, but to avoid the Beta app being overwritten by the Google Play one, first make sure the automatic update from Google Play is disabled on the App you wish to use. To do that, open Forge of Empire's page in Google Play, press the three dots on the upper right and then disable "Auto-Update":

**Update - please try uninstalling the existing version first***

Last edited:

SeekerDave

Merchant
I don't get this although and all it seems very complex .
I thought there was already the option to use the Beta on mobile why do you need a whole new app ?
I really don't understand.

Gindi4711

Steward
OK did a few tests:

1.) When installing the latest 1.86.0 on my Huawei Mate 20 X (Android 10) or my Mediapad M5 Pro (Android 9) I get the error "app was not installed".
If I remove the existing app first it works.

2.) When trying to choose a server with 1.86 I see an exclamation mark near the version saying "language has not been updated". If I try to access any of the live servers or Beta I can log in, but after choosing a world I get the message "An internal error has occured"

Gindi4711

Steward
I don't get this although and all it seems very complex .
I thought there was already the option to use the Beta on mobile why do you need a whole new app ?
I really don't understand.

You can test the beta SERVER, but not the app. Having a Beta app has the advantage, the bugs of the app itself may get reported before hitting live. Also we may be able to test events from day one on mobile.

Gindi4711

Steward
A personal opinion:
If possible it would be better to release the Beta app with different IDs, so you can have Beta and live installed in parallel, so you can continue playing without having to remove the app every time in case there is a serious bug in the app.
Also you could provide better feedback if the same bug happens in the live version as well.

SeekerDave

Merchant
You can test the beta SERVER, but not the app. Having a Beta app has the advantage, the bugs of the app itself may get reported before hitting live. Also we may be able to test events from day one on mobile.
Sorry , Still don't follow , your saying the Beta App doesn't have anything Beta in it ?
So if I went to Beta right now there would be no PvP Arena ?

Gindi4711

Steward
The Beta server is for testing new game features. For example you can provide feedback on balancing in the PvP arena, catch bugs in the quests of new events and so on.

The Beta app is only to test the app. For example there was once a bug for Egypt settlements where it crashed after returning from battle and try recruiting new troops. With a Beta app this would have been caught before going to live servers.

This is very confusing. I use the app on both live and beta servers, but I can't use both apps?? Can I use the main app for live and the beta app for beta?

Okamiris

Baronet
I downloaded beta FoE. But I had to uninstall the FoE live app first.
Everything apparently works very well, for now, except when I change the world.
I disconnect from beta, connect on the live: crash.
I relaunch the game and find my world properly, I change the servers: crash.
I relaunch the game and find my world properly, I change the servers: crash.
I disconnect from live, connect on the beta: crash.
And so on

Android 10 Galaxy S9 SM-G960F

I also play galaxy tablet s5e, Android 10, but I'll wait to install FoE beta :cool:

Last edited:

DeletedUser9386

ich kann die neue Beta-App ebenfalls nicht installieren. Wenn ich auf Installieren tippe arbeitet das Handy und sagt dann, die App wurde nicht installiert. Wenn ich dazu aber meine bisherige Version deinstallieren muss, wie komme ich dann an meine deutschen Welten? Oder muss ich die andere Version deinstallieren und nach der Installation der Beta-App neu installieren? Sehr verwirrend. Wenn dann die ursprüngliche App nicht mehr richtig funktioniert ist das ärgerlich. Vielleicht sollte ich es doch lieber bleiben lassen?

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
You should still be able to access your Live server worlds. However we are investigating the crash issue so it may be worth waiting a little while longer if you are encountering issues downloading.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
There are no plans to bring GvG to the App. The Beta App is usually the version ahead of the public version.