• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Best units

DeletedUser1497

Greetings,

Could You please tell me which is the best unit to choose for fight, and do You have a video about a modern era battle?

Thank you

DeletedUser

its like asking what is the best you can choose in rock-paper-scissors

there is no best unit because each is good against some and bad against other

for example: the sniper is the best unit against conscripts but the worst from PE against tanks

DeletedUser

after thinking about it: the rogue is the best unit for attacking (not defending)

if you have hundreds from Alcatraz you only need a few from each of the other
1 from each age and then attacking with it + 7 rogues: easy fighting in each tower

and they save you time:
you must only change the one other unit and the damaged rogues
if you attack with 8 tanks and change to 8 conscripts you must change all 8 but when using 7 rogues instead you have to replace less units

DeletedUser

after thinking about it: the rogue is the best unit for attacking (not defending)
Some people have been using the X+7 rogues setup since the easter event and by now it's a very mainstream strategy majority of big PvPers I know of use. So if you thought of it just now and on ur own, you are smarter than 99.9% other people who dismissed rogues right away during easter event and labeled them completely useless. But you are just really late to this party :p

Actually they were even better with old points system when they gave fixed points. Cause u lost almost no PvP points if u lost a rogue in a fight as compared to losing a tank or whatnot.

It does also have few downsides though, 1+7 that is. It's that you will be fighting with very 1 dimentional army. So if opponent rotates a counter in for whatever you using, u can be doomed right away.

And if opponent uses a good mix of units, you can have no ideal unit to have facing it. In such situation you would want to use a mix of units yourself and use countering units yourself against correct units. Take for example some 400% defense bonus 5 conscipt 1 tank 2 sniper defender. You can't kill it with snipers cause they can't make damage on the tank. Can't do it with cons cause can't kill the snipers. And 5 cons in defense can be too much if u do it with tanks. So instead you would need to bring in a mix of units to have correct units killing correct targets.

But yeah, the tougher fights are rare anyways, most of the time it works real well.

DeletedUser2752

If we're talking about the Continent map, rogues are useless there as well since they are not targeted first. That may seem like a good thing, but considering the amount of turns it takes to get a rogue over to the opponent, it deems quite useless.
@hint, when the Easter Event started, we started with the old AI, so rogues were not as useful as they are now, but then again, we were using InA units and down, so having a smaller map makes them useful again. I would also rather say that 99.9% of people didn't know rogues were useful in attack; I know many people put them in defense after the Easter Event was over though.

DeletedUser

I should ask MrDuke if it was better to fight with rogues on old AI or updated one, he fought entire InA with 7 rogues+1 jaeger, so accustomed to both.