• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

best unit against ballista?

DeletedUser172

i have some problems with conquer central part of Maktaba :) there's a lot of ballistae. what kind of units is the best against them?

of course i can delay conquering and wait for better units from iron age or later ages.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Try it with a mix of slingers and archers and a couple of heavy infantry to take the hits (engage their soldiers) while the ranged units get into position (to hit the ballistas asap), use the terrain for defensive bonuses if needed, also if you're left with their soldiers against your range units move tactically to furthest range possible then fire and next turn move then fire and so on.

I'd say 5 ranged and the rest soldiers to engage their troops is a good mix, slingers are cheap enough and quick to replace

Also if you can't get to the ballistas in 2 moves you get to fire at their troops on the way, then move and hit the ballistas, best to take out one then move on to the next and the next, remember two hits take one out so get two units attacking in one turn

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser172

i was trying this before i asked a question... doesn't work... ballistae shoot first and kill (and almost kill) few archers :/

i think that i will wait for better units:D thx for help

DeletedUser240

I just bought it for some goods, ballistas are tough to battle against since they usually start first and have very long range. I think a ballista counters another ballista perfectly, and get few soldiers to take shots instead of them hehe. :p

DeletedUser

I find it takes 2 archers going up the map to take out the ballista's while the rest of my troops distract a good tactic