• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Battle tester

Status
Not open for further replies.

NP-B2402

Farmer
Reason
This can make decisions, like what military building to go for, more sensible on average.
Details
PS if you have multiple waves and one of them loses, your next wave has to face these likely wounded units. If it succeeds the same wave has to face the next army.
Balance
This shouldn't unbalance the game, and the level of luck in a battle, like damage values and, to a certain degree, AI movement, should compensate.
Abuse Prevention
For rankings or "defeat x units" or "win x battles from your age or below" quests, this doesn't count, so you can't 1v24 an Attack Helicopter against 24 Power Dragons or something like that.
Summary
Test any units you want, any abilities, with zero-stakes.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
I have.
Idea: A battle tester where you can test any army vs any other army. This technology is accessible with "Military Tactics" as that is likely the most fitting early age option, and you can pit up to three waves against three waves. You can also switch sides in battle, or add whatever boosts and military abilities you want to simulate a real round. You win or lose nothing in all testing, and can also import sector armies, even those you have either conquered or still not scouted. All battles are recorded, so you can review them.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

CrashBoom

Legend
doesn't it fall under the DNSL point "makes the game easier" ?

it is part of the game to learn how to fight: doing MANUAL battles to see how it is done
including losing and wait until new units are recruited

not: a free way to find the best combination for defeating an enemy in auto battle
- let's take a map sector/GE enemy/... . make 20 auto battles for free and then take the best combo for the real fight

All battles are recorded, so you can review them.
how about:
all battles are in full manual mode :rolleyes: (full = also disable the auto button during the battle)

to get the best learning experience :p

ArklurBeta

Baronet
doesn't it fall under the DNSL point "makes the game easier" ?

Well, I wouldn't say it would make the game soo much easier. I would rather apply that rule only to ideas which are "buffs in your face", so to speak. I don't think we really need this to be honest, usually after a few days everyone should know how to fight against specific units, but it's still a nice idea. I'll let Inno decide whether they want to spend resources on this idea or not, but my vote is a "Yes".

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
As most did not like the idea, we will not forward it. But thank you of course for the idea. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.