• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Battle points are not all counted in GBG

DeletedUser7669

The battle points in Guild Battle Grounds are not all counted. I had a hunch about that so I took notes:

My number of points at the start (Future PVP tower) 1,025,511
The fight is in Contemporary area and fight with one (future) Hoover tank and 7 spies. (My attacking units have some 350% extra attack force and some 100% defence force)

WAVE ONE is 4 Strike teams, 1 Anti Aircraft Vehicle and 3 Missile Artillery. (did not take note of the extra strength, something around 240%)
The results of wave one (120%) is:
Damage dealt: 41,600; Happiness modifier: 8,320; Damage received: -4,455; Wave modifier: -100%.
So far so good. The damage dealt is according to the values in the wiki, the happiness modifier is 120% indeed and the damage received I do not know how to check, I assume it is right.

WAVE TWO is 1 Anti Aircraft Vehicle and 3 Helicopters.
The results (120%) are: Damage dealt: 21,320; Happiness modifier: 4,264; Damage received: 0; Wave modifier: 25,584. Total result: 51,168
The first three values are OK, but the value of the wave modifier in the second wave is much lower than the total of WAVE ONE.

Then the result screen shows on top my present status in Future PVP-tower: 1,032,819
BUT: the beginning value of 1,025,511 plus the result of 51,168 is 1,076,679.

Biggest surprise was when I opened the Future PVP-tower from my town hall. It says I have 1.007,235 ??? So the GBG-fight that was successful has in the end a negative result on my total in the PVP-tower???

Amy Steele

Regent
Hi Stepoulos, thanks for your report! As far as I am aware, with 2 wave battles, only the points for the first wave is counted. We'll check out whether this should be the case with GBG battles too :)

DeletedUser7669

Intuitively I'ld say it is not true,that only the points of the first wave are counted, but I'll check next expedition. After all, also in this fight the total of the fight results in more points than the total of WAVE 1. Besides that it is no explenation for what I registered. My total battle points in the PVP-tower (Future for this fight) should be increased with the total of this fight. This is not the case in the result screen of the fight and most certainly not in the PVP-tower-screen (Future) from my town hall.

DeletedUser7669

Still no explanation why the points in my PVP-tower go DOWN!! after a successfull battle. Also no explanation why the result screen of the fight does not simply add the result of the fight to the starting value of the PVP-tower. Or do I have to pay VAT or something?

DeletedUser7669

Checking more battles shows me that in GBG 2-wave battles consequently go wrong. As an inhabitant of carcosa explained above: obviously the reward for a 2-wave battle is twice the points you score in the second wave. One would expect that this reward is added to your PVP-total. (After all the Expedition also handles 2-wave fights this way.) This is consequently not so in GBG. In the result screen of the fight you can see your new balance in your PVP-tower. This balance is often (BUT NOT ALWAYS as reported earlier) correct. But when you check your PVP-tower balance from the town hall it is lower. Mostly (BUT NOT ALWAYS as reported earlier) only ONE time the points of the second wave were added.

What I did not check, is if this problem also has effect on the ranking points.

Of course this way of rewarding battles could be intended for GBG, but then it would be convenient when you mention so.

What this also shows is that in the fight-result screens where your PVP-tower balance is shown (not all fight-result screens have this feature) you are obviously not actually looking at your real PVP-balance, but at some calculation field. People always tell me that storing the same data at different places in your program is a notorious source of bugs.

By the way with these 2-wave fights in GBG with an 8 unit first wave and a 2 unit second wave, it is time to reconsider the rewarding of 2-wave fights. After all when the result of the first wave (included damages) is 37, 623 and that of the second is only 9,984, than the reward of this 2-wave fight is only 19,968, while in a 1-wave fight the same as the mentioned first wave, I would earn almost twice as much for less effort and risks.

Amy Steele

Regent
Hi folks! We're unable to reproduce this issue so far. If you still experience it, please let us know with as much detail as possible about the circumstances under which it occurred.

landed42

Farmer
Point values "won" from 2-wave battles has always been based on the troops defeated during the second wave. Has been that way in GE since it began. But I, too, have noticed incorrect addition of tower points. I sent Inno an image showing 4 consecutive battles from GBG using TE troops. I noticed there was problem from the total before the first amount (4,55x,xxx points) and adding the 60,720 should not have been an increase of around 9,000 points. So I took a screen capture of that battle result and the next 3 battle results and sent this to Inno. I sent this image on the 20th. Provided information about 1-wave/2-wave battles (only the 3rd result shown was a 2-wave battle) the same day but still haven't heard back from them.TowerPoints-page-001.jpg

landed42

Farmer
Follow-on: 1. Sorry for the large image. Didn't realize I should have added a thumbnail. Will remember for next time.
And 2. Several months ago there was a problem with adding points won if certain troops were used and only in certain ages. I was told the primary troop of concern was the Commander, but it wasn't a problem in all ages. It is beginning to look like this problem might not have been fixed completely.

DeletedUser10039

I noticed my tower points go down in Modern Era after a fight in GBG. I looked at my score over 4 fights, 3 fights added correctly but a one fight reduced my tower points. I will gather more info like if it's 1 wave or 2 wave battles next time we fight in GBG.