• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

DeletedUser7226

Pourquoi le nombre d'avatars masculins est-il le double des avatars féminins ?
Sur 161 avatars, 104 sont des hommes ! FoE est-il un jeu mysogine ?

Translated? :
Why the number of male avatars is it double the female avatars?
On avatars 161, 104 are men! FoE is there a misogynist game?

Last edited by a moderator:

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
With some exceptions (usually event/questline avatars, which tend to include either male or female, or both) all avatars are mainly based on the people working on Forge of Empires. They reflect the people at HQ, though of course the avatar's clothes, styling, etc. are tailored to match the purpose (for example if they were added with The Future, they're shown to wear futuristic attire).

DeletedUser6402

Please Innogames....can you fix more Avatars for us girls, women? Most of the Avatars in the game looks like very angry women...or old ladies. Most of them look less beautiful or even ugly.
There are none or only a few beautiful or good looking avatars for us women. But the men has better options regarding this.

I think many girls/women would appreciate better looking avatars, and to have more to choose from. Piece of cake to fix I'm sure.
Thank you.

///NaughtyFairy

Irella

Merchant
Hello
I created my account on the beta during the Halloween event. I finished it and I had the male avatar as I am a woman.
I do not remember having the information if I were a woman or a man when creating my account and if so, how I can change this because it bothers me a lot of have male avatars at all future events.

Message d'origine en français :
Bonjour
J’ai créé mon compte sur la bêta lors de l’évènement d’Halloween. J’ai fini celui-ci et j’ai eu l’avatar masculin alors que je suis une femme.
Je n’ai pas souvenir d’avoir du renseigner si j’étais une femme ou un homme au moment de la création de mon compte et si c’est le cas, comme je peux changer ce paramètre car cela m’ennuie beaucoup d’avoir des avatars masculins lors de tous les évènements à venir.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Hello
I created my account on the beta during the Halloween event. I finished it and I had the male avatar as I am a woman.
I do not remember having the information if I were a woman or a man when creating my account and if so, how I can change this because it bothers me a lot of have male avatars at all future events.

Message d'origine en français :
Bonjour
J’ai créé mon compte sur la bêta lors de l’évènement d’Halloween. J’ai fini celui-ci et j’ai eu l’avatar masculin alors que je suis une femme.
Je n’ai pas souvenir d’avoir du renseigner si j’étais une femme ou un homme au moment de la création de mon compte et si c’est le cas, comme je peux changer ce paramètre car cela m’ennuie beaucoup d’avoir des avatars masculins lors de tous les évènements à venir.
You do not choose a gender when you create the account. Your avatar does come with a 'gender' though. This means if a questline provides either a male OR a female avatar, you get the one that matches your avatar's gender when the questline is presented.

Irella

Merchant
OK Thanks
It is true that when creating my account a male avatar was given to me automatically and as Halloween event was started this must be why I got the male avatar.
Thank you again for your reply :)

DeletedUser7672

You do not choose a gender when you create the account. Your avatar does come with a 'gender' though. This means if a questline provides either a male OR a female avatar, you get the one that matches your avatar's gender when the questline is presented.
wow I learn sth new <3
I have a question, is this a male or female avatar http://prnt.sc/d1i5ua ?
(for me is a female avatar because of her lips)

DeletedUser8859

how I can change this because it bothers me a lot of have male avatars at all future events.
You can change the avatar at any time. In the phone app you got to the Town Hall, then select the Profile tab, and from there you can see all the avatars available to you. Select one and it become your new avatar when you exit.

DeletedUser9537

I like the avatar that I use here... Perhaps a "Choose Your Own"?

Avatars are sort of "Personal" and should be a reflection of your inner you... Or your outer "WHO"...

DeletedUser8859

like the avatar that I use here... Perhaps a "Choose Your Own"?

I also like mine used here, it goes with my Player name "Darrth Eugene Vader". But, to provide a function to a user create or upload his/her own avatar may open the door to some player introduce highly non appropriate images. It would add a task to ingame Moderators to monitor / policy avatar images.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
... But, to provide a function to a user create or upload his/her own avatar may open the door to some player introduce highly non appropriate images. It would add a task to ingame Moderators to monitor / policy avatar images.

That is indeed why only preset avatars are used in-game.

In anticipation of questions why custom avatars are allowed on forum:
The forum software uses a different mechanism, which makes it possible to quickly note and modify inappropriate avatars ;-)

Implementing such a mechanism in-game is not feasible.

DeletedUser9537

Enquiring minds would be curious to know... Do office pools exist... Where this week ...

"Ha Ha! More players are using avatars based on me" :p

There could be a "build your own" avatar from a selection of head shapes, hair style/color, skin tones, sex, species, "Period" clothing... Which would solve both problems with "Copyright" or "Inappropriate" content ;)

There could literally be thousands of variants for players to uniquely express themselves... From a base of a couple hundred static images...

Heck you could feature "Special" variants for a few "Diamonds"

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
There could be a "build your own" avatar from a selection of head shapes, hair style/color, skin tones, sex, species, "Period" clothing... Which would solve both problems with "Copyright" or "Inappropriate" content ;)

There could literally be thousands of variants for players to uniquely express themselves... From a base of a couple hundred static images...

https://www.the-west.net/ has something like that. Or it did when I created an account about a year and a half or so ago. I forgot the password, so I can't say if that's changed, but...anyway...Inno has done it for at least one game.

DeletedUser9537

Inno has done it for at least one game.

I just like the thought of being "ME" :D Since I read that the avatars are the likenesses of the developers and crew (no offense to them, and I would like to meet the employee who is furry like a wolf :p (call me ;)) )

It is just weirdly anti narcissistically narcissistic...