• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Auto Trading NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllamHRK

Baronet
Reason
Equate negotiations with battles in terms of time spent.

Level the Space Transporter to Himeji on access/use of his bonus.

Improve the life quality!
Details
How would it work? I don't know, whatever, anything where you solve a trade with 1 or 2 clicks (just like battles).

You can pay double the resources to resolve the deal automatically or spend less resources doing it manually.... that's an option.
Balance
Only positive impacts on the game!
Abuse Prevention
There is no room for abuse!
Summary
N/A
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes?
If there are automatic battles, why not automatic trades?

Why can we use the bonus of a level 100 Himeji in 2 minutes, but we have to spend half an hour trading in order to enjoy the bonus of a Space Transporter at the same level?

Not to mention the trade limitation which comes down to just GB and expedition level 1... (unless you want to spend even more time and diamonds trading 10 items on expedition)

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Emberguard

Emperor
You're right negotiations take longer, but they also have the ability to finish things where you wouldn't be able to pass at all with fighting. So it ends up being a trade off

If Inno implements a auto-negotiate (completed in one or two clicks as you said, which would make it the same as the continent map negotiation), what about Guild Battlegrounds? Negotiations give 2 advances instead of 1. Would that remain the case? Or would it be reduced to 1 for auto-negotiate given negotiating would then be quicker than fighting (no swapping out of resources required)?

You can pay double the resources to resolve the deal automatically or spend less resources doing it manually.... that's an option.
Double in relation to what calculation? Are you talking resources for worst case scenario? Or resources for one of each good?

AllamHRK

Baronet
You're right negotiations take longer, but they also have the ability to finish things where you wouldn't be able to pass at all with fighting. So it ends up being a trade off

If Inno implements a auto-negotiate (completed in one or two clicks as you said, which would make it the same as the continent map negotiation), what about Guild Battlegrounds? Negotiations give 2 advances instead of 1. Would that remain the case? Or would it be reduced to 1 for auto-negotiate given negotiating would then be quicker than fighting (no swapping out of resources required)?

Double in relation to what calculation? Are you talking resources for worst case scenario? Or resources for one of each good?
As I said, do you pay double the resources, maybe triple?

I don't see a scenario where players would prefer to pay 200~300 goods in each automatic 10-item trade... no doubt the person would go bankrupt in no time

In practice, it would be an advantage in the first 10 points of friction only, then, due to the cost itself, it becomes unfeasible.

And the idea is just a way to make 5~10 trades quickly to take advantage of the transporter bonus in harvest city in the same way you can make fights quickly in harvest.

Ironrooster

Baronet
I think you need to explain a little more what you mean by double or triple the resources.

Currently you pick 5 goods out of 2-10 possibilities depending on whether your in GBG, GE, or a Quest. The amount of goods varies also.
In the second and third round of negotiations the number of goods to pick declines as there are no goods needed for those slots that already have the correct goods. In GE there is an optional fourth round if activated in the Tavern.

Thunderdome

Emperor
If I gathered the heads/tails of this, I can sum it up for you:

1. You want something that auto-negotiates for you in just one click. No need to figure out which combinations would be true in order to be a successful trade.
2. You want something "fast" because it's too time consuming so you can do other things.
3. You want something for the price of double or triple the resources.

Am I missing something here? Good, now let's get to my take and my solid reason of "no" and why it should go into the DNSL:

1. On your first statement, it falls under making the game easier for you. There won't be any real strategy as you just have to have the least number of goods and many people will use this to get the easy 2 points in GBg (whereas fighting only gives 1) to secure more tiles faster.

2. I can agree that it's time consuming of just sitting there and tapping the corresponding number key (the pad on the right) and pressing the space bar (or in the app, tapping like crazy), but I can say that I've been really good in doing negotiations in level 4 of GE (I do the first three levels fighting) and using the tavern boost of 15 minutes that I sometimes I get the full level done (might have spent some medals as well to open attempts as well within that time). As to the other bits that require negotiations, I sometimes do as much as I can afford and then do the rest fighting. x --> y and y <-- x is how I go with negotiations and if I don't get a good outcome in those 2 attempts, I will "esc" or cancel to try again.

3. My reason for the "no" is because of that third statement! It's not enough that the goods negotiated goes up upon each successful negotiation and rising attrition in GBg that we have to endure a double/triple cost of auto-negotiating! I value my resources that I stopped when my attrition value is up to a certain point and then resume the rest to my goal in fighting. For example, a regular negotiation consists of 3 goods in each slot. Your proposal upon clicking said button will have me pay 6 (double) or 9 (triple) goods. For those die hards that got 9 goods to negotiate, they will be paying 18 or 27 goods. Yeah, I will pass on this as I will see a lot of unfair trades to compensate for the use.

This is why most do GE or GBg fighting as you can auto-battle if you build your attack/defense values of the attacking army up.

Emberguard

Emperor
As I said, do you pay double the resources, maybe triple?
that still doesn't answer the question. Double in relation to what? The what will greatly change the outcome as that defines how it's then coded

Are we saying all possible goods spent once? First turn correct guess? Something else? The Auto-Select negotiation Inno was trialing on Beta (random selection each time) run through the full negotiation with only the final result shown?

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
just wondering: when will this closed because of
- DNSL
- Inno is already working on auto negotiation (not very good yet but it is a start maybe it becomes usable in the future)

so who really thinks Inno would give an easy one click negotiation

:rolleyes:

Double in relation to what?
in relation to average players results who fail more often than players who are using FoeHelper :D

Not to mention the trade limitation which comes down to just GB and expedition level 1...
you can also negotiate in space age for special goods :p

Last edited:

Thunderdome

Emperor
Inno is already working on auto negotiation (not very good yet but it is a start maybe it becomes usable in the future)
I haven't used the auto select as of this date. Got my own system in place on how to do negotiations (saw a few youtube videos to understand how it works). To use such a feature will mess up the method to my madness, lol.
so who really thinks Inno would give an easy one click negotiation
Obviously, some people think so as to why we are seeing some suggestions like this. I can do a 15 minute tavern timer boost (+1 negotiation try) and if I get lucky to get more attempts along the way, I can finish up a level with minutes to spare (if no attempts left); which is why I always nego in GE-4 (as my boosts aren't that spectacular for that level). For Inno to make an easy one click option for negotiations, they might as well allow bots that might do such and look the other way for at that point, this game is done for.
in relation to average players results who fail more often than players who are using FoeHelper :D
Without this FoE helper, one has to understand the method(s) behind negotiating. Myself, I go left to right and then right to left just to clear out what is not needed/accepted. I would get lucky this way for those "wrong person" situations that I pay attention what is left to be used or where it's going for the next round (if not using a tavern boost for GE) or the next two rounds (if using the boost for GE). "Stubborn Sack of S***" is what I say towards a person who is not taking the trades in the first two rounds, lol, even though they cannot hear or speak back to me on it.

Even so, people should learn the ropes on how to negotiate successfully if that's a problem. Took me about 2 months of negotiations to understand it (somehow I clicked on the intro screen to make it go away so I didn't know how to).

Status
Not open for further replies.