• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Auto recurring quests, could be good implement that?

Dessire

Regent
Here is a list of some recurring quests of SAAB:

-Spend 200 fp
-Spend 150 fp
-Recruit 5 units of your age
-Defeat 40 units
-Win 12 battles without loosing

Now imagine that you have spent 2000 FP in a 1.9 thread. that is enough to repeat 10 times the "spend 200 FPs" quest and 13 times the "spend 150 FPs" quest.
Imagine that you fight 80 times in GBgrounds and you defeat 800 units, that would be enough to complete 40 times the "defeat 40 units" quest, or imagine your alcatraz produces 100 units, that is enough to complete 20 times the "recruit 5 units of your age" quest.

Now imagine that you do all that and then by only clicking a button like "complete all quests"and then a window appear and you can see all the random rewards you have received for do 80 battles, spend 2000 FPs, produce 100 units.

now the questions of this discussion:

1.Could be something good implement something like that?
2.Which are the good arguments against that?

aquila scutum

Merchant
1. Very good, a lot of people request this in the past, but nothing happen.
2. If they want to keep the same system it means maybe they don't know how (development team in INNO is not the best in the market) or they really like people to click a lot. Maybe they win money from clicks or time spent on game by users. :))

I mean you can already do that by only spending 200FP at a time in 1.9. It's not IDEAL per say for the owner, but you could do it. Or you fight whatever 10 fights and go back and clear the quest and then go fight some more.

YES, the quest system is insanely annoying. I cant imagine how it could be more efficient in FOE's current system, they would have to build a new quest system that pops up any quests you finished rather than having to blipping click 1000 times to the quest you want and then accidentally click to the next and have to go through the WHOLE list again.

A basic operating principle of FOE is that a quest must be active in order to actions done in the game be counted for the requirements to complete the quest. Also, there is a limit of the number of active quests at any time, sometimes you can have 2 RQ active, other times you can have 3 RQ active.

The idea of, for example, fight 1200 battles in a row and then expect to receive 100 times the rewards of a quest asking to win 12 battles clashes with these principles. A quest can not be concurrently active 100 times, and previous actions performed in the game cant be claimed for quests that were not active at that moment.

All this presumes that the player could "store" his/her game actions (FPs spent, battles won, resource accumulated or paid) in a "bank account" and then collect rewards on quests not active at the time the actions were performed, deducting the quests requirement from the "bank account".

In the same way, I have 2.2 G coins in a world, surely more than 50% or 75% of them were accumulated without claiming a reward.. so could I claim that any quest asking to accumulate 100K or 1M coins be autocompleted? This will certainly goes to reduce the difficulty level / challenge of the game.

Last edited:

Praeceptor

Marquis
I see a lot of discussion about having a button to automate a lot of aspects of the game - visiting all taverns, aiding all friends, etc.

Where would it stop? A button to collect all incidents instead of having to look for them? A button to automate negotiations so you don't have to think? A button to run the cultural settlements so you can always complete them in time? Or maybe just a button to play the game for you for a day, week, month and then email you the results?

In my view players need to do the work to get the rewards, and the only thing I would change is to reduce the ridiculous number of clicks required to cycle through the recurring quests which would give players a lot more time on actually playing the game instead of wearing out the mouse.

thelegend88

Squire
Time needed to complete cycling between RQs is the only mechanism to stop unlimited amount of RQs being completed. Think about it please. It would make many players have INFINITE GOODS and all other resources including FPs, so would turn this game into a nonsense. Why do people still suggest this?

Praeceptor

Marquis
Time needed to complete cycling between RQs is the only mechanism to stop unlimited amount of RQs being completed. Think about it please. It would make many players have INFINITE GOODS and all other resources including FPs, so would turn this game into a nonsense. Why do people still suggest this?

It doesn't work - I can do RQ quests all day long in SAAB, and I frequently do. That's largely the reason I'm in the top 10 in Dinegu without spending diamonds.

The answer is to redesign the quests, not just add meaningless clicks.

thelegend88

Squire
It doesn't work - I can do RQ quests all day long in SAAB, and I frequently do. That's largely the reason I'm in the top 10 in Dinegu without spending diamonds.

The answer is to redesign the quests, not just add meaningless clicks.

I am in SAAB as well. O world international server, ranked as 60 after 3 years and no diamond investment (except the ones I earn).

SAAB is the most abuse open era for RQs with this infinite battles quest... But still I don't do RQs all day as clicking takes away my time which is highly limited. And when I have a day off I get turned off after doing that quest 100 times in a row because of clicking in between. If it cycled automatically I would do it few thousand times a day instead.

SAAB quests are just broken so yes it would be a good idea to change then quests itself and lower their number. But the topic is related to all eras not just SAAB.

Emberguard

Emperor
unlimited stacked completions is a bad idea for a established game. It just throws the entire game balance out the window. Also, if you spent 2,000 in one action that shouldn’t be 10 quests because you didn’t complete a spend action 10 times.

However. If this idea were done for an entirely separate part of the game with its own resources such as a cultural settlement, then you’d be able to balance it. It just wouldn’t be good for the main city

Perhaps if we could get the full list of quests and not limit to the first 3, then we reduce the clicks and it only counts one action of quest because you still have to clear it. Or a way to hide (and unhide) quests from the list.

But I don't think FOE is going to try to make the game less frustrating for users. The later ages attest to that fact adding MORE quests to the list and more clicks.

A middle proposal:
Keep the limit of 3 active quests max, keep the principle that game actions will count only for the quests that are active at the time the actions are done, change the quests to have very high requirements, but split the reward in phases. Example:

RQ: Win 1000 battles.
  • Quest remains active until last 1000th battle is won, (or until Aborted by player).
  • Rewards are given after each group of 100 or 200 battle victories, New Button to collect partial rewards is needed.
  • Number of battles to complete quest, number of battles to receive partial reward, and total reward to be given to be balanced by Inno.
Clicks to cycle through all RQ quests stays the same, but the player doesn't have to cycle all the RQ every 12 battles, only after 1000 battles (if following my example figures.)

Good enough ?

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
A middle proposal:
Keep the limit of 3 active quests max, keep the principle that game actions will count only for the quests that are active at the time the actions are done, change the quests to have very high requirements, but split the reward in phases. Example:

• Quest remains active until last 1000th battle is won, (or until Aborted by player).
  • Rewards are given after each group of 100 or 200 battle victories, New Button to collect partial rewards is needed.
  • Number of battles to complete quest, number of battles to receive partial reward, and total reward to be given to be balanced by Inno.
Clicks to cycle through all RQ quests stays the same, but the player doesn't have to cycle all the RQ every 12 battles, only after 1000 battles (if following my example figures.)

Good enough ?
I like your thinking.

Similarly, current RQ requirements could be increased 10x to have partial rewards to be collected in phases as the requirements are completed.
  • Current: Spend 150 FPs - Change to: Spend 1500 FPs
  • Current: Spend 200 FPs - Change to: Spend 2000 FPs or to Spend 2500 FPs
  • Current: Defeat 40 Units - Change to: Defeat 400 Units or to Defeat 500 Units
  • Current: Recruit 5 Units - Change to: Recruit 500 Units
  • Current: Gather 500 Goods - Change to: Gather 5000 Goods
I suggest partial rewards be available when 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% and at 100% of requirements are completed. For balance issues, Inno would have to calculate the appropriate total reward to be given based on new requirements to fulfill the quest, then divide that total reward in five (5) parts to be made available as explained before. Currently rewards are of one resource type: coins, supplies, goods, blueprints, medals, diamonds... Total Reward (if this would be implemented) could be a mix of resources randomly selected by the game. For example: X Coins at 20%, Y Goods at 40%, Z Blueprints at 60%...
If the RQ would give diamonds this time, then the diamonds would be given after the 100% requirements are met, not during the partial rewards from 20% to 80%.

I'd rather have all the quest visible than partial rewards. The scrolling through quests is just punishing. You're usually only given 1 quest of a type, so it wouldn't be OP to remove the 3 view limit. You'd probably get a bonus collect coin/supply but that's about it, FOE can remove these two and repeats to make this more "fair".

Now posted as an idea: See: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/higher-requirements-recurring-quests.14284/

A middle proposal:

Good enough ?

Last edited: