• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Attacking and revenge against players?

DeletedUser

Attacking and revenge against players, how does it work?

I'm asking because when I take revenge after and attack all I ever seem to fight against is 2 units of speear men, even on the odd occasion where I attack a player from the social bar I also only ever seen to come up against 2 units of spear men.

In the troop menu we have an attacking army (obviously used for attacking on the map and against other players), but we also have a defending army, is it that if this is left blank you only fight against a standard defence force i.e. 2 units of spear men?

If however if someone like myself has a decent defensive army in the troop menu do players fight against whatever units are in the defensive army slots? If so I guess I've just been unlucky and come against a few who haven't built an army for defence.

Can someone shed some light on this

Cheers

DeletedUser

Which description Sacred? lol

Perhaps someone can attack me and let me know which units they fight against, doesn't have to be a full army a unit of spear men would do and are quickly replaced or could even retreat once a note of what units they face is made. I'd really like to know what they face when they attack and would be useful for general information on the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I reported this awhile back. Revenge presently poses you against two spearfighters, even if they have an army installed for defense. I'm pretty dang sure it's "supposed" to have you go against their defending army, but Revenge is instead defaulting to the notion that your opponent didn't assign a defending army (the default of which means you end up fighting two spearfighters, the killing of which has no impact on the other person's troop count).

When you attack someone via the Social Bar, you will fight against their assigned defending army "if" they have an assigned defending army. If they do not, you will be going against two spearfighters.

On my iPhone, so it's a tad hard for me to rummage through the reports, but it should be in there somewhere (unless i posted it elsewhere or in a pm).

DeletedUser

Thanks Hellstromm, I'll go scour the forums for it but yes as it's early stages I guess it could be set to fight just spear men units. Seems to me fighting 2 spear men for 40 points isn't really worth doing so at least for the time being.

I have a full defending army so if anyone cares to take a look at them and can confirm which units they can see it may help clear this up a little more and help in the development of this.

DeletedUser

Well friends I must deny this theory, recently I revenged and stood up to 6 spearfighters and 2 warriors. I am a 100% sure that I did not attack the version through the social bar. So the defensive army is really your defence I think :)

DeletedUser199

Thanks Hellstromm, I'll go scour the forums for it but yes as it's early stages I guess it could be set to fight just spear men units. Seems to me fighting 2 spear men for 40 points isn't really worth doing so at least for the time being.

I have a full defending army so if anyone cares to take a look at them and can confirm which units they can see it may help clear this up a little more and help in the development of this.

I attacked... You got ballista's and **** :O So I surrendered :p

DeletedUser

Thanks for the info MLC ....no one else need attack now thank you :D Although ballistas hmmm I've not yet built any oh well good to know .....I won't take revenge ..this time ;)

DeletedUser

hmm, i gather they fixed this then, good. I know for a fact it was as i described, having tested it (revenged and only fought two spearfighters, then immediately used the social bar to attack again, this time going against a full and varied defending army. I performed this test twice).

In any event, the standing two spearfighters scene, when the defender did not assign troops for defense, is still valid.

DeletedUser254

I dont see the point in attacking other people, you dont gain much, I did it because I was bored and I onlt got like 20 score added

DeletedUser

sometimes you can get 100+ points if you get lucky enough to get to fight a defensive army with more than the 2 spearmen.

DeletedUser

I suspect it will have more meaning when additional pvp motivations are provided, but that's for a different discussion.