• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Attacker Boost Expired Prompt

• Thread starter DeletedUser10051
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser10051

Proposal:
Scarlett is proposing an indicator for other time boosts such as boosts in the tavern or potions from a players inventory. On the side of the screen, it will show the boost and the amount of time left before the boost expires.

Reason:
Currently, there is no way to check how long a temporary effect, such as those obtained with the use of potions or tavern silver, will last while engaging in an interface other than the home/city view.

Details:
If a temporary effect is active, the game will show a box detailing the effect active & the time remaining. It could do so in a similar manner as special effects, such as enthusiasm, coin/supply boosts, & Great Building effects, displaying a pop-up box with all special effects displayed.

Visual Aids:
N/A

Balance:
The main issue with a proposal such as this is where to display the effects. While placing it in the same location as effects could work in the main screen, it will encounter issues in such interfaces as guild expedition, continent map, and guild versus guild. Of those, simply including the pop-up box into the interface would likely work in all aforementioned interfaces except for guild expedition. For guild expedition, either the relics icon will need to be moved, or the box must be located in a different location, such as below the relics icon, or the opposite side of the screen.

Abuse Prevention:
I see no possible channels of abuse opened by this addition.

Summary:

In conclusion, I believe this proposal is one that will help players out tremendously by saving them the tedious clicking from various screens to the home page, and vice versa. If you have any questions, comments, etc., please write below!

MOD EDIT: Post has been updated to a formatted version by cat111

Last edited by a moderator:
This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

Andi47

Overlord
The same would be very useful when the negotiation boost "silently" expires and the negotiation in GEX surprisingly wants diamonds to start the 4th round.

DeletedUser9263

Development Format

Proposal:
Scarlett is proposing an indicator for other time boosts such as boosts in the tavern or potions from a players inventory. On the side of the screen, it will show the boost and the amount of time left before the boost expires.

Reason:
Currently, there is no way to check how long a temporary effect, such as those obtained with the use of potions or tavern silver, will last while engaging in an interface other than the home/city view.

Details:
If a temporary effect is active, the game will show a box detailing the effect active & the time remaining. It could do so in a similar manner as special effects, such as enthusiasm, coin/supply boosts, & Great Building effects, displaying a pop-up box with all special effects displayed.

Visual Aids:
N/A

Balance:
The main issue with a proposal such as this is where to display the effects. While placing it in the same location as effects could work in the main screen, it will encounter issues in such interfaces as guild expedition, continent map, and guild versus guild. Of those, simply including the pop-up box into the interface would likely work in all aforementioned interfaces except for guild expedition. For guild expedition, either the relics icon will need to be moved, or the box must be located in a different location, such as below the relics icon, or the opposite side of the screen.

Abuse Prevention:
I see no possible channels of abuse opened by this addition.

Summary:
In conclusion, I believe this proposal is one that will help players out tremendously by saving them the tedious clicking from various screens to the home page, and vice versa. If you have any questions, comments, etc., please write below!
Ps: please consider this as the proposal as it is now properly formatted. A big thanks to capital12 who "proofread" it and finished a good portion of it.

MOD EDIT: Added spoiler tags as its already in the OP's post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pafton

Viceroy
Thanks for taking the trouble to format it. This has been moved back to the main ideas forum and the OP's post has been amended with your format. I've added a poll to it too. Your post has been covered with a spoiler tag (as the same content is displayed above, so it's kinda redundant).

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I second this proposal, but I am not sure it was not proposed here before...

At least I know that I made a similar one in the German forums already - there especially in regard of the extra turn boost.

Sl8yer

Regent
Would be useless. With Inno special offers, announcements and all, it will be pushed to the second page where you still wont see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.