• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

At what point did Foe turn out to be a strategy game for a lottery?

DeletedUser6764

Several years ago I noticed a change in events. they proposed to give us trash and so every merchandise that we offer is trasnforma the game in a bet lottery ticket.

I have just spent the apple trees of the harvest event, striving to do the missions, to gather the miseries of arbloes around the city, spurring the moment to be able to catch something of what I want and that effortlessly spend time in achieving it!

this is the trash I found in the disgust of chance that I present .. http://prntscr.com/gqjmyo

and I keep asking myself! when foe became trash playful?

in what way or way is rewarded the effort to achieve the missions and events, and not even reflected here what is considered maps! or to guild warfare that they have not touched, and to disorient the player they have put more things to entertain them outside the maps like the tavern, the daily challenges and a series of things that sincerely makes think .. if I want a lottery ticket I will go to a lottery agency. What will the new players think (if there are any) when starting FOE thinking that it is a game of tactics, strategies and planning?

DeletedUser

this is the trash I found in the disgust of chance that I present .. http://prntscr.com/gqjmyo

Not bad at all!
If I was new I'd thought that I had a great catch there.
I guess what I am saying is that those who play longer are pickier than those who have close to nothing.
On live I am part of a guild, in one world, with many starters.
What strikes me is how grateful, enthusiastic and happy they are with seemingly small things.

Perhaps playing longer is changing our view on things and makes it feel like a lottery because we may have some things in mind we really want.
We probably collect those appels for that fine day when our favorite day prize will come along.
We may have luck but perhaps not and end up with things we really don't want.

One's trash is another's treasure I guess.

I've noticed that counting on nothing works for me.
Anything useful that I may win is a bonus from that perspective.
This makes me happier in my game.

DeletedUser6764

Not bad at all!
I guess what I am saying is that those who play longer are pickier than those who have close to nothing.
What strikes me is how grateful, enthusiastic and happy they are with seemingly small things.

Perhaps playing longer is changing our view on things and makes it feel like a lottery because we may have some things in mind we really want.
We probably collect those appels for that fine day when our favorite day prize will come along.

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/easter-event-2016.5656/

extinct event! one of the last survivors to the new retouching and performance of new modalities of random and probabilistic events. I do not know what style of game you have, nor what time to play it. but read the comment please, based on the title.

DeletedUser

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/easter-event-2016.5656/

extinct event! one of the last survivors to the new retouching and performance of new modalities of random and probabilistic events. I do not know what style of game you have, nor what time to play it. but read the comment please, based on the title.

Oke, I'll react on your tittle.
As I recall last year was as you call it a "lottery" too: so nothing new on that one.
My game has very little to do with events though they just happen and I ignore them most of the time and do what I always do: GE, GvG, building on GB's, Aiding, Visiting Taverns getting social nothing much really.
Pretty much strategy to me.

DeletedUser8471

Guess I hit the jackpot today... opened 7 chests, got 3 SoKs.... and "trash" as you put it, which was a 1up kit, store building (could use more of those) a boost crate and a victory tower.

3/7 is 42.85%....

The last day SoK was available I opened 15 or 16, and got 3 SoKs as well, and more "trash"

You have to remember the prizes are not gaurenteed, it's a random chance. Percents listed are percents for each time you open a chest, not an overall percentage of all chests opened together. Random is random.

DeletedUser6764

Guess I hit the jackpot today... opened 7 chests, got 3 SoKs.... and "trash" as you put it, which was a 1up kit, store building (could use more of those) a boost crate and a victory tower.

3/7 is 42.85%....

The last day SoK was available I opened 15 or 16, and got 3 SoKs as well, and more "trash"

You have to remember the prizes are not gaurenteed, it's a random chance. Percents listed are percents for each time you open a chest, not an overall percentage of all chests opened together. Random is random.

ok good size but what do you think 0/23? I could get the% because I'm not good for mathematics .. are not guaranteed because it became a lottery, you can go to the changelog of previous years and see the evolution of them

DeletedUser8471

ok good size but what do you think 0/23? I could get the% because I'm not good for mathematics .. are not guaranteed because it became a lottery, you can go to the changelog of previous years and see the evolution of them

The thing is the 20% chance for the *Daily Special* is from 1 Chest open. When you open the Chest you also have a chance at:
5% Reno kit
10% 1 up kit
10% Victory Tower
10% Store Building
10% Boost Crate
10% 5 random Blueprints
10% 2 Observatory Blueprints
15% 20 Forge Points

Let's use the old D20 system to figure this out (since 5% is 1/20 fits perfect)

Each number on the 20 sided die represents a different reward. I'll make an example list.

1 - 20 Forge Points
2 - 1 up kit
3 - Victory Tower
4 - *Daily Special*
5 - Store building
6 - Boost crate
7 - 5 random Blueprints
8 - 2 Observatory Blueprints
9 - 20 Forge points
10 - *Daily Special*
11 - store building
12 - Reno Kit
13 - 5 Random Blueprints
14 - *Daily Special*
15 - Victory tower
16 - 20 Forge points
17 - 1 up kit
18 - Boost crate
19 - 2 Observatory Blueprints
20 - *Daily Special*

Every time you roll that die you are going to land on a number, and that is your prize for that roll. Each roll will turn up a different number every time, therefore giving a different corresponding prize.

Since a die roll is random there is no gaurentee you are going to get the same number (or group on numbers) each and every time.

The same can be said about a coin toss, 50% for heads and 50% for tails. Every time you flip it, it will yield a new result. Over time you'll see the coin toss will balance out and become more of 50:50 odds, but if you only flip it 4 times and land heads once that is 25:75.

With a high enough number of coin flips it will eventually balance out, the same is true for the die roll and the Chest contents. Over a large enough sample size the % listed for each prize would be accurate, but for a small sample size it just comes down to luck. (23 chests seems large to you, but like I showed it essentially comes down to a 20 sided die roll. You were simply just unlucky, and I am truly sorry for that :()

DeletedUser

the first "lottery event" was Summer Event 2013
luck at the wheel

Not bad at all!

Perhaps those like myself who have played longer have experienced a better game in the past - one related more to skill and less to chance! I prefer to work for a specified goal and I'm willing to work hard to accomplish the requirements. But when I complete the quests, save the apples and then get rewarded with junk, I feel like I wasted my time. I agree with you that lower level players need whatever they can get but that is not true of higher level players. For example, the victory towers - when I was in Iron Age those were a great way to get some medals, but many of my friends are deleting them because in higher levels they really don't give a benefit that justifies the space they take up. If you're deleting victory towers but you keep getting them as rewards, it's just irritating and makes you feel like you're wasting time and resources.

Regarding the daily events and the lottery events: Perhaps the game developers need to study behavior modification techniques. If you want people to continue with a behavior, you need to reward them with things they actually want. I am just about done with daily events because I rarely get anything that's valuable enough to justify the time and resources and effort that go into completing the tasks. I would be glad to work for a specific reward but the odds represented by your 20-sided die are too poor to make me want to complete the tasks.