• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Implemented Army Management Dialog - New Tab for Stacked Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
Reduce or eliminate required scrolling to find units, allowing for easier and faster loading of units. The best examples are finding champion and rogue units, which usually requires varied amounts of scrolling. This would especially enhance quickly loading units for guild battlegrounds, and potentially reduce player error when attempting to load or replace units quickly while having to scroll.
Details
Clicking the slot for the unique unit type would load the unit into your army, as done with current slots on other tabs. If another unit of the same type is available, the slot will display the next unit, using the existing sort that lays out units in the other existing tabs. Healthy units first, damaged after. If a unit is not available, the slot could display empty. An empty slot could display the existing icons from the tabs.
Balance
The balance change I imagine would be that players in guild battlegrounds with low boosts who need to replace units more often would be able to do so faster, potentially keeping up better with players having high boosts that may not need change units often. Regardless, a player with high boosts could still replace their units faster using this.
Abuse Prevention
I can’t envision this creating any new type of cheating.
Summary
As it is probably well known, loading special units requires scrolling. Only when “all ages” is selected, for a player in a higher age with a high number of unit types, would they have to scroll to find units on this type of tab. If the existing age filter is not set to all ages, every type of unit could be displayed without any scrolling needed. To ease creating the sample showing all the “early middle age” types, I did not apply the apparent filter that is used by tabs currently to the sample EMA units. *Note after searching, putting a number to represent how many units of a type is a good idea.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Not with a good implementation.
Visual Aids
[ATTACH type="full"]7759[/ATTACH][ATTACH type="full"]7760[/ATTACH]
Add a new tab to the army management window for all units with a single slot per unique type. This can implement previously proposed ideas for “stacked units”. The core of this would be to click the single slot for a unit type to load it, so filling a full army with a single type would mean clicking the single unique slot 8 times.

Attachments

• MockUp.png
    MockUp.png
    477.4 KB · Views: 75
  • MockUpTwo.png
    MockUpTwo.png
    460.7 KB · Views: 76
This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.
Mockup2 shows all the unique units for early Middle Ages as an example of how many there can be. I include blank slots as an example if it were to show those for unit type a player does not have. I was just lazy and did not do a third, otherwise #2 would only show the units and the rest would be empty. If I had done a third showing a player with no units available at all, those blank slots could have been placeholders. Honestly in retrospect I think NOT showing blank slots would be better and in that case those should be disregarded. On the app as you posted, there are too many unique units to show in those 9 visible slots, you would still have to scroll to see the last 2 types. But at least it would be minimal. I play in a browser on PC, that is why there are 2 rows of units instead of 1. If I were to play on the app with 1 row, I would have to scroll even more than I do now, so this leads me to think many app users could benefit from this.

Imagine if there were no special units, in that case the new tab would only show at most 5 slots for the 5 basic unit types, stacked preferably with a number representing how many you have. You could load an empty army space tapping the wanted slots 8 times, or the same slot 8 times, loading your most healthy unit from each slot tapped.
There are 5 units in the SAV, plus the champion and the agent. The drummer and the flag guard are rubbish in that age.
If it's just about stacking the units, I don't need a new tab, the first tab is enough.

There are 5 units in the SAV, plus the champion and the agent. The drummer and the flag guard are rubbish in that age.
If it's just about stacking the units, I don't need a new tab, the first tab is enough.
That would work fine, but from what I know of software product, they would likely not want to remove any existing feature. It might be complicated by the display of defending units for your city on the first tab. There is room for another tab and I would certainly welcome stacked units on one.

The defence army for the city does not have to be displayed after all. This could be handled in the same way as the defensive army in the PvP arena. Since the first tab is timed by default, the units can be timed there stacked (without injured units), on the special tabs then the injured units without stacking. Then rather a new tab for the rogue.

Tina66

Farmer
Give us this system it would be great! but integrating the thugs in each era since anyway they can transform into everything and if you do not integrate them, the system will have very little interest if it is necessary to change tabs

For the champions when to them as much they had an interest when there was a new era with new cards as much now they act as puppets in the advanced eras, you could perhaps even remove them for this next era, after all we no longer uses certain units, the world is evolving, and it would be a superb evolution in FoE as these champions have become obsolete, more cumbersome than useful by the way

shad2389

Viceroy
Rogue access is easy.. just delete/use your light troops up...

The idea is good and its time is now... BECAUSE having to delete your light troops is not...
Easy select no age then light unit you'll have your rogues there so if this is only to get easy acces to rogues it's a big no for me i don't scroll to find my rogues

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
I will dig through the archive a bit to see how often / recent similar suggestions have been forwarded and will put it up once more if it has been too long :D

Status
Not open for further replies.