• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Are these changes REALLY necesary?!

Yang10

Marquis
Hello, everybody.
As you might have realized, the goods' pictures have changed; some have been improved (better) and most of them have been ruined (ones more than others).
For example:

Honey Screenshot_11.png
It looks like an orange highlighter

Tar Screenshot_9.png
It's barely visible

Paper Screenshot_10.png
It looks like recycled paper. The old one looked better.

Fertilizer Screenshot_12.png
This one looks better.

Just a suggestion: change a few, sure, but improve them, do not make them worse (this sentence is related entirely towards the tar's picture).

Yang10

Marquis
I'd also like to say that most colours have lost glow and are now poor.
I like colours more vivid. They have a "je ne sais quoi" that makes it more likeable

DeletedUser2752

I agree that the colors should be more vivid, but I don't necessarily hate the changes

DeletedUser4008

so this is very important for you in this game...lol

DeletedUser1264

I agree that the new colours aren't an improvement. The coffee, wire and tar in particular are now way too dark; the tar is barely visible.

Those brown-blob goods icons have always been confusing and these changes don't help. Dried herbs should be a green sprig. Gunpowder should be a barrel, maybe with a nice spark for an accent. Tar should be a vivid black drop or puddle. Then fertilizer can remain a tan sack without looking too much like everything else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yang10

Marquis
I totally agree. The Colonial Age goods' pictures are the most affected.
P.S.: I don't hate the changes, I just think they are not making it better.

conqueror9

Regent
Suppose every change is make game improved from previous version

If the change do not improve, then it is not a good change ( or even classified as a change /upgrade )
it should be classified as "DEGRADE the game"

when i look at "tar" picture in the above posts, it is hardly be seen "what is inside that small dark square"
so i also agree " Are these changes REALLY necessary"

DeletedUser

As it wasn't mentioned in the changelog... it's most likely a bug - especially given the fact that they look really ....ty (all blurred and non vivid).
Seems like somehow they inserted the old early alpha placeholder resource images (that's how it looks to me).

GIF:
Z8KztRx.gif

Beta server: http://i.imgur.com/H5OdawU.jpg
Live server: http://i.imgur.com/rkIF29k.jpg

BTW, isn't it funny how all the resource would easily fit on even ancient like 1280x1024 monitors and 4 times on a standard 1920x1090 monitor yet we only get a tiny window and the option to scroll around like an idiot?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4705

That's funny. Did they have to change all the pictures? I'm quite sure reskinning 45 icons is more difficult than buffing SN to a balanced point. The .en forums are having a huge rave about SN!

DeletedUser2752

Different team Surge, designers probably have little contact with developers ;)

DeletedUser

I really hope this is just a case of different assignments and jobs, when art team is just that awesome and competent it literally has nothing better to do than waste time on 38th rate non-sense while people everywhere I see are just screaming for basic quality of gameplay improvements.