• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Are the events closer together?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'd actually like some numbers - was 2020 MORE days of events than non-event days? Events are now entire months, 3 weeks, 2 weeks with 1 or 2 weeks in between.

The vast majority of events are ~3 weeks long with the exception of winter: ~4 weeks. There are 9 events a year atm. 8*~3+~4 = ~28 weeks of events vs ~24 weeks of not-events. So yes, there's more event time than non-event time - but it's pretty close.

There are 9 events a year atm. 8*~3+~4 = ~28 weeks of events vs ~24 weeks of not-events.

And some people wanting Historical Events back, usually one (1) week long to reduce that ratio more?
I would agree in getting back three (3) one (1) week Historical Events and deleting the St. Patrick's Day 3 weeks long event. How about that? Everyone happy?

And some people wanting Historical Events back, usually one (1) week long to reduce that ratio more?
I would agree in getting back three (3) one (1) week Historical Events and deleting the St. Patrick's Day 3 weeks long event. How about that? Everyone happy?
Make all events a 2 week hard limit and that will solve a problem. Absolutely despised winter event, I only played it two days out of 32 and one of them was at the end to unload some hundreds of stars 2 at a time. The summer event with the ship less annoying because you could spin the prize wheel and weren't stuck waiting for the ONE day out of 30 to get the prize you wanted, you could check all the time and see if it popped up.

Umbrathor

Baronet
what does more time between events mean ?
a) shorter events
b) less events
or both
Any of the above would result in more time between events. For Inno, it would probably not be interesting to reduce the # of events, since events give incentive to buy diamonds.

Personally, I think a few events could be retired. However, I think Inno has planned it so the events are spread out more or less evenly, during 3-4 weeks with a few weeks between them. Fewer events would upset that schedule since most events are linked to specific festive days. That also makes the option of shorter events more appealing.

The downside of shorter events would be less chanxce to complete the,m, fort players that are not online very often. Which means that shorter events might give more incentive to buy diamonds, and another reason why, for Inno, that might be the better option.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
I have to wonder what other games (if any) people play when they complain about the number/frequency of events here.

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
I would like to remind you all that events on the Beta server are in quicker succession than on the live server due to new features, improvements, a new age etc. being tested before it is going to live.
It is not our goal to make you spend diamonds on the Beta server, we hand you out 1.500 diamonds every event for testing purposes. It is our goal to test features, improve them and to strive for as few bugs as possible before an event, new age or feature is introduced to the live server.

- people are leaving FoE since 2012

Yes, people join and leave the game every year. Do we have the stats of Players in FOE per year?

An article from Tuesday, May 28, 2019 , states that " Since its release in 2012, Forge of Empires (www.forgeofempires.com) has been one of the world's most successful strategy games, with several million active players in over 20 markets. " but not says details
Reference: https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pres..._the_Stars_Forge_of_Empires_Conquers_Mars.php

2012 - ? (17 April 2012 (open beta phase )
2013 - ?
2014 - ?
2015 - ?
2016 - FOE reached over 10 million
Reference: https://web.archive.org/web/2016102...-lift-forge-of-empires-past-10m-users/0119435
2016 - ?
2018 - ?
2019 - ?
2020 - ?
2021 - Current ?

Yes, people join and leave the game every year. Do we have the stats of Players in FOE per year?

An article from Tuesday, May 28, 2019 , states that " Since its release in 2012, Forge of Empires (www.forgeofempires.com) has been one of the world's most successful strategy games, with several million active players in over 20 markets. " but not says details
Reference: https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pres..._the_Stars_Forge_of_Empires_Conquers_Mars.php

2012 - ? (17 April 2012 (open beta phase )
2013 - ?
2014 - ?
2015 - ?
2016 - FOE reached over 10 million
Reference: https://web.archive.org/web/2016102...-lift-forge-of-empires-past-10m-users/0119435
2016 - ?
2018 - ?
2019 - ?
2020 - ?
2021 - Current ?
rezu.jpg

foestats via web.archive.org :
11/02/2021 FR : 142500 active players
20/09/2020 FR : 141976 active players
19/08/2018 FR : 112826 active players
20/07/2018 FR : 102878 active players
20/12/2016 FR : 108452 active players
25/04/2016 FR : 85452 active players

Last edited:
foestats via web.archive.org :
11/02/2021 FR : 142500 active players
20/09/2020 FR : 141976 active players
19/08/2018 FR : 112826 active players
20/07/2018 FR : 102878 active players
20/12/2016 FR : 108452 active players
25/04/2016 FR : 85452 active players

In general active players are increasing year after year, just a small dip from 108452 to 102878 which recovered back to 112826.

Question, the FR means these numbers are for the French servers only?

I have to wonder what other games (if any) people play when they complain about the number/frequency of events here.
On another website, there is only spring, summer, halloween/fall and winter event, but that website sucks at events too due to freaking summer events started after kids went to school, started getting past September. FOE events are actually ending EARLIER than the event would be, as we see on live forgebowl ended days before the superbowl and st paddies will be weeks after the event ends.

6zeva9

Baronet
On another website, there is only spring, summer, halloween/fall and winter event, but that website sucks at events too due to freaking summer events started after kids went to school, started getting past September. FOE events are actually ending EARLIER than the event would be, as we see on live forgebowl ended days before the superbowl and st paddies will be weeks after the event ends.
Agree with the first part , however the st paddy also finishes a week before the actual day this year as well.