• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Are the events closer together?

Fire Lord

Squire
Spring was only 9 days after st pat day, and the time between FB and SPD was very little as well. Did anyone else notice that and has someone heard why? Usually I can run 6 worlds with no problem, but now I'm eating with one hand, playing foe with the other, and sleeping 4 hours a day. I need to know if this will be regular and I need to let some worlds go, or if they mistimed something and needed to run some events close together to get caught up.

CrashBoom

Legend

Nessie

Baronet
Nobody is forced to do an event. For example, many skipped St. Patrick and from my point of view it was the right decision.

Personally I don't care if they have non-stop-events as long as I get Diamonds for each and every one here on Beta :cool:
My time control is fine and it's up to me to decide how much time I want to waste on this little game (not much) :)

Last edited:
really ?
one month with no event running is very little ?

The Forge Bowl starts on November 17th and will run until December 7th 2020.

The St. Patrick's Day Event starts on Beta January 7th and will run until January 28th, 2021.
The timer on the live St Pats ??? box is 2 weeks between end of Forge Bowl and St. Pats.

CrashBoom

Legend
The timer on the live St Pats ??? box is 2 weeks between end of Forge Bowl and St. Pats.
and ?

this is BETA
and on beta it was one month

because if we discuss about live that will be wrong
Spring was only 9 days after st pat day
it is only so short because the previous was one month

so why are you quoting me only and not that one too and inform us about live worlds?

Last edited:
Why people play on multiple worlds? I never understood this. I can barely play one world, I have a life to live.
I started on live where I'm in OA and much later started an account on beta where I'm in CA and like testing the new features/events before they hit live. I could NOT do another world that is for sure.

and ?

this is BETA
and on beta it was one month

because if we discuss about live that will be wrong

it is only so short because the previous was one month

so why are you quoting me only and not that one too and inform us about live worlds?
Did I miss reading something that say we can't talk about the Live servers on the Beta forums.

I guess the 1st rule of Beta forum is you don't talk about the Live servers...

Umbrathor

Baronet
The Surprise box timer also was what made me think that the time between St. P's Day and the next event is very, very short. If that is correct, it is much less than one month.

And I believe that a month is the very minimum of time between of events. I'd like there to be more time between the events. That is connected to the fact that I play multiple worlds.

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
This is the Beta which main focus is to test events and new features and fix bugs before they can happen on the live markets.
By having these events so early, we give our gamedevs more time to improve and balance these events before they go live on our live markets.
We will forward your feedback about this, but we cannot promise that this will change.

Why people play on multiple worlds? I never understood this. I can barely play one world, I have a life to live.

This could be a separate topic for discussion. There are multiple reasons, not all applicable to all people who play in multiple worlds. A few of the reasons are:
1. To farm diamonds in the secondary worlds, to use them primarily in their Main world.
2. To test new features and report bugs (city on beta server)
3. To develop different cities with different goals/ play styles.
* a well balanced and advanced city.
* a city devoted to attack / plunder.
* a diamond farm city (or multiple D cities).
* a city geared to production
* a city to collect GBs, to build all GBS available, regardless their efficiency.
* a small city (goal, advance the city as far as possible, without adding any expansions.
* to play in a different world and join or maybe lead there a guild that is an extension of the guild at the original world.
* to develop a city without buying / using any diamonds.
(List not intended to be complete, others may exist.)

You only got time for just one city/world? OK, enjoy. Others have more time, or can do more with less time than you do.

Umbrathor

Baronet
This is the Beta which main focus is to test events and new features and fix bugs before they can happen on the live markets.
By having these events so early, we give our gamedevs more time to improve and balance these events before they go live on our live markets.
We will forward your feedback about this, but we cannot promise that this will change.
Maybe there is a misunderstanding: the request is for more time between SUBSEQUENT events on any server, not for a greater amount of time between any specific event taking place on beta and the live servers.

If one event ends (St Patricks for instance), and the next event (Spring) start just two weeks later, as the Surprise Event Box timer suggests, that leaves us very little breathing time. Especially since for the last few months, we usually had an event taking place either on beta, or on live, or simulataneously on beta AND on the liver servers, and very little time where there wasn't any event running either on beta or on the live servers.

I'd actually like some numbers - was 2020 MORE days of events than non-event days? Events are now entire months, 3 weeks, 2 weeks with 1 or 2 weeks in between.