• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler Archeology Event 2021

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
Before even Spring Event has started there is a lot of new Archeology Event related stuff out there...

There is a new selection kit

Clay Tablet sounds very Archeology. Might be realated to the main reward. EDIT: Or possibly let you choose which of the mini quest lines to activate.

Clay Tablet Selection Kit
reward_icon_selection_kit_clay_tablet.png

There are some buttons and notification icon, maybe realated to a new feature
Switch down Switch over Switch up
archeology_button_switch_down.png archeology_button_switch_over.png archeology_button_switch_up.png

Archeology notification:
archeology_notification.png

Finally there is a lot of stuff that has to with some new feature for the Archeology Event called Archeology Calendar

archeology_calendar_grand_prize.png
Gem Key:
archeology_calendar_gem_key.png

Gem Shards:
archeology_calendar_gem_shards_1.pngarcheology_calendar_gem_shards_2.png archeology_calendar_gem_shards_3.png archeology_calendar_gem_shards_4.png archeology_calendar_gem_shards_5.png

Reward icon keygem:
reward_icon_archeology_keygem.png
Reward icon shardgem:
reward_icon_archeology_shardgem.png
Reward icon keygem shardgem:

reward_icon_archeology_shardgem_keygem.png

Will have to continue in next post with some more graphics which has to do with the calendar...

Last edited:

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
First even more calendar stuff
Actice/inactive and big/small version where the gem key will fit.
archeology_calendar_slot_big_active.pngarcheology_calendar_slot_small_active.png archeology_calendar_slot_big_inactive.png archeology_calendar_slot_small_inactive.png
And some few more similar ones in different sizes (so didn't include exactly all).
archeology_calendar_bg.jpg archeology_calendar_indicator_1.png archeology_calendar_ring_1.png archeology_calendar_ring_1_schadow.png
archeology_calendar_slot_big_empty.pngarcheology_calendar_slot_big_gold.png archeology_calendar_slot_highlight.png archeology_calendar_slot_icon.png archeology_calendar_gem_shards_bg.png
When I tried myself just putting some of the images on top of each other real quick I got this
Archeology Calendar.jpg

And finally there was a new Achievement which must have to do with this in some way:
Achievement Bejeweled Bliss:
reward_icon_archeology_keygem.png

Last edited:

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
For the Calendar I have a theory you should somehow collect the gem key and gem shards. And then when you have collected all the different couloured shards you unlock something. And either you can do the same multiple times and get the Grand Prize after a certain number of times. Or you can just do it one time and recieve the prize.

Here's a last image from the game files I forgot earlier. It shows how the different gem shards fit together.

archeology_calendar_gem_shards_full.png

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
It seems devs liked the idea of a calendar. I like it too. All we need is a good reason to pick up the gem shards . A good prize

Emperor XX

Farmer
Inno, Inno, Inno....
Why are you adding new features to perfectly fine events? Why did you add the tournament to the soccer event? Why did you add the calendar to the winter event? Why are you adding ANOTHER calendar? The soccer tournament went over pretty badly. The winter event calendar was pretty useless. I dont want another mechanic to worry about, i just want the Archaeology event I know and love: simple and pain free. I dont want to be scrambling to get these new shards and keys, Id rather just have a layed back event. But thats just my opinion....

Kenric

Farmer
Inno, Inno, Inno....
Why are you adding new features to perfectly fine events? Why did you add the tournament to the soccer event? Why did you add the calendar to the winter event? Why are you adding ANOTHER calendar? The soccer tournament went over pretty badly. The winter event calendar was pretty useless. I dont want another mechanic to worry about, i just want the Archaeology event I know and love: simple and pain free. I dont want to be scrambling to get these new shards and keys, Id rather just have a layed back event. But thats just my opinion....

I really liked the addition to the Soccer event. Like the keys, you could ignore it if you wanted to. If you wanted to approach it in a simple way, you could get something out of it with very little effort, a few clicks a day. If you wanted to dive into it to reach a higher league, you could, and good strategy made it possible to reach the top league without diamonds. Unlike the keys, the rewards of reasonable investment were not useless.

The Daily Special mechanic encourages players to only play the event on a few days. That's fine, that should be okay. But if there's a motivation to have fun with it throughout the event, that's pretty cool too. I know people who feel irritated by events where they end up with a lot of currency, and each day the DS comes up and it's a disappointment, and they wonder when Inno is going to "let them play." The soccer event, with it's "play the tournament every day, but also save up for the field" was a wonderful balance, IMHO.

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
A couple more images

Another version of the reward icon called clearable. And together with that part of it isn't showing I would guess it mean it's half buried in the sand for you to dig up.

reward_icon_archeology_event_shardgem_keygem_clearable.png

And also an opened calendar grand prize.
The first version of the closed grand prize with much less colour was apparently just a placeholder. Will update that post as well.

archeology_calendar_grand_prize_open.png

Last edited:

Havik79

Baronet
Ambivalent, would be best way to put it, if it is a selection kit for the mini quests, then give me a Stone Cold Steve Austin hell yeah, on the other hand if it is a calendar like the Xmas 2020 event, um I am going to guess I can not use those words that come to mind.

Hmm, so if you can select the mini quest books whatever, and they put in a calendar, I would imagine you would then loose the bonus from collecting all the books.

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
reward_icon_selection_kit_ferris_wheel.png
reward_icon_upgrade_kit_ferris_wheel.png

Ferris Wheel, 10 levels with two options on the highest level
Lvl 1​
Lvl 2​
Lvl 3​
Lvl 4​
Lvl 5​
Lvl 6​
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus21a.png
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus21b.png
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus21c.png
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus21d.png
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus21e.png
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus21f.png
Lvl 7​
Lvl 8​
Lvl 9​
Lvl 10 - "Great Ferris Wheel"​
Lvl 10 - "Wonder Ferris Wheel"​
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus21g.png
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus21h.png
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus21i.png
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus21jGreat.png
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus21jWonder.png
EDIT: Thanks to @MooingCat the size seems to be 6x4 https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/archeology-event-2021.14258/post-116755

There are some new portraits. Guess they all should be intended for Archeology since two of them have the typical a bit historical explorer look and two of them look themed with the calendar feature with all the gems and such.

portrait_411.jpg
portrait_412.jpg
portrait_413.jpg
portrait_414.jpg

Last edited:

Santos32

Merchant
reward_icon_selection_kit_ferris_wheel.png
reward_icon_upgrade_kit_ferris_wheel.png

Ferris Wheel, 10 levels with two options on the highest level
Lvl 1​
Lvl 2​
Lvl 3​
Lvl 4​
Lvl 5​
Lvl 6​
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus21a.png
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus21b.png
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus21c.png
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus21d.png
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus21e.png
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus21f.png
Lvl 7​
Lvl 8​
Lvl 9​
Lvl 10 - "Great Ferris Wheel"​
Lvl 10 - "Wonder Ferris Wheel"​
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus21g.png
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus21h.png
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus21i.png
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus21jGreat.png
R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus21jWonder.png

There are some new portraits. Guess they all should be intended for Archeology since two of them have the typical a bit historical explorer look and two of them look themed with the calendar feature with all the gems and such.

portrait_411.jpg
portrait_412.jpg
portrait_413.jpg
portrait_414.jpg
Wow, this is awesome ;)

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
I really hope the ferris wheels spin! That will look so cool!
I'm not too familiar with this works, but I think this suggests it will :)

foezz.innogamescdn.com/assets/city/buildings/R_ANIM_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus21jGreat.png
foezz.innogamescdn.com/assets/city/buildings/R_ANIM_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus21jWonder.png