• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Archaeology Event

Just using a shovel is considered 'being efficient'? Also, with other achievements likes this (Tiki-taka from soccer event) you can get more than only the bronze achievement.
I suspect to get the achievement you have to clear 5 tiles.
5 tiles with one shovel is, of course, maximum: gold -- so there's no blue badge for the every-day-shovel.
It's worse with "sandblaster" 'cause is' maxxed out at silver with 7 sand tiles because with current game rules it's impossible to blast 8 or even 9 sand tiles which, I assume, would bring gold and blue badges. Why introduce those achievements if you can't actually achieve half of them? That has to be a (brain) bug. ^^

DeletedUser9537

I still maintain that as we pick off 20 idols and claim the grand prize, the map difficulty increases to include dropping in more brick tiles and less sand tiles (or open spots to drop a shovel or stick of dynamite onto).

Oh I am certain that happens! Just as I am certain (sorry INNO :oops: just my opinion...) that once the system identifies a player as a spender? They get "tagged" by the game so as to encourage more spending... IE an extra percentage point harder here and an extra percentage point harder there...

You wouldn't even need to be a clever coder to put that into you game metrics. The cleverness comes from how "subtly" can you do it.

I suspect there are more then a few of us (yes I admit it... grudgingly) who have spent more real money in this (or other) game then we would want to admit...

DeletedUser10057

i don´t understand how it´s possible to do all missions if the event last 20 days and you have to do 21 missions (one par day)??.

Amdira

Baronet
So, with finished all quests, my World's Fair reached lvl 8 including the last upgrade-kit from quest #60.At least I was lucky to get the 50 FPs with using the last brush.
5 scrolls and no tools left - would need another 40 idols for lvl 9 and 80 for lvl 10
I only spent 200 diamonds once when I was short of 5 scrolls for buying a package and didn't want to wait another day. I won't spend any diamonds on live server.

Admitting having made some mistakes in the beginning by rushing through with try and error - it seems to me, some balancing will be needed before releasing on live servers. Suggestions have been made several times, not only from me. I really enjoyed this event and would like to play it on live with a realistic chance to achieve a lvl 10 there.

https://prnt.sc/ni7alw

Thunderdome

Emperor
Oh I am certain that happens! Just as I am certain (sorry INNO :oops: just my opinion...) that once the system identifies a player as a spender? They get "tagged" by the game so as to encourage more spending... IE an extra percentage point harder here and an extra percentage point harder there...

You wouldn't even need to be a clever coder to put that into you game metrics. The cleverness comes from how "subtly" can you do it.

I suspect there are more then a few of us (yes I admit it... grudgingly) who have spent more real money in this (or other) game then we would want to admit...
So true. I had a feeling they did that as I read about another person who spent 4k diamonds and still wind up (very) short of getting a level 10 with such bad luck.

Good thing I had spent 2k for enough that would get me 2x 330 tool sets and scraps to finish off in getting the 2nd to last upgrade (last was reserved when I finished the quest line); these were diamonds I had saved since I didn't play much due to working.

Hopefully it gets better from here on out as I probably won't be buying diamonds now that I had read that I am going to get less with each dollar I spend (which is a big turn off for me).

DeletedUser7703

It's interesting to note, that all the players complaining on here that have had to spend diamonds to finish or did not get a level 10...... all have had bad luck or the system is playing against them. Why is everyone assuming they are using the tools the most efficiently?

Yes I suspect a few people have had bad luck, but for example everyone gets that 1 shovel (in ideal circumstances) can check for idols in 3 columns? (Thats something I didn't realise at the start but picked up as I was playing)

I have the building at level 9. However, I also had bought individual tools at the beginning and at the end, so I had to spend 900 slides to at least level 9 to get. On the live server I definitely try to create level 10 and 2 buildings is the target. Overall, the building looks good and is more efficient than SdW.

Miepie

Baronet
It's interesting to note, that all the players complaining on here that have had to spend diamonds to finish or did not get a level 10...... all have had bad luck or the system is playing against them. Why is everyone assuming they are using the tools the most efficiently?

Because it's much more comfortable to believe in bad luck than considering it might be due to bad choices

Emberguard

Emperor
5 scrolls left. 13/20 idols towards the last needed upgrade. No diamonds spent. Completed full questline, missed login rewards for most of the event. Only spent scrolls and tools after the re-balance was done. Half of it I was focusing on getting buried rewards, half of it was focusing on only idols. Think I got 8 daily specials.

So looks like if you're not logging in daily it'll be difficult to get a full building unless you focus exclusively on getting idols. If you do log in daily it should be reasonably expected to get a full building and some rewards on the side though still best to prioritise idols just in case.

vidicecilia

Baronet
Because it's much more comfortable to believe in bad luck than considering it might be due to bad choices

It´s not a bad choice to use the showel in the middle of 3 columns and get nothing. You should not underestimate people.
I tought It was a matter of luck but now I see that for those who decide to use diamonds the game become more difficult.
I always bought diamonds on live server, but then I found out that players who did not Inno send them gifts by e-mail, so I didn´t buy any more and they started sending me gifts. I have the e-mails.

Silveralius

Squire
So it is end of event.
And I still do not like this event. Good idea and graphics but bad mechanics.
Spend something for nothing is not a good idea.
And I'm forced to decide between uncover vases and figurines. Uncover both make event very hard to get last level.
And I still think that this event is big random hell.
And the next thing about event. I do not care about price in vase. Just click on it and wait what happens (sometime wait something about 30s, 1 min wait is record).
Playing this event make me feel like playing domino against computer.
It is harder and harder while end is near. Computer always want to put you bad pice (brick) to your way. And it is boring.

And positive things about this event. Buildings looks like good.
I hope that this is the first test of this kind of event and the next iteration will be better and less frustrating, boring and random.

DeletedUser8807

Yes I suspect a few people have had bad luck, but for example everyone gets that 1 shovel (in ideal circumstances) can check for idols in 3 columns? (Thats something I didn't realise at the start but picked up as I was playing)
. What do you mean. 3 columns 1 shovel???

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
. What do you mean. 3 columns 1 shovel???

if the column in front of and behind the column you're shovelling are both as of yet unrevealed, then when you shovel down you reveal a ton of squares at once. hence when you see two columns next to each other that both can be dug top to bottom and are both in shadow it's often better to shovel the second column rather than the first as it'll collect one column and reveal two (both in front and behind). If there's anything in that first column you can still grab it (often with say a dynamite then to collect the stuff you want in the column behind while progressing the column ahead)

Thunderdome

Emperor
/
Because there isn't a tool to remove bricks as many of us started to get a lot as we go up in collecting...

DeletedUser9733

I have to agree the Archaeology event is another cannot win carnival event. No one in our guild got over level eight without using diamonds. I will be going for the rewards and not the idols.

vidicecilia

Baronet
I´ll begin the event but won´t spend diamonds. It´s not important for me to get level 10. I´ll concentrate in rewards.

Damjan88

Merchant
I got mine to level ten easy, i did buy one scroll package (the middle one i think, dont know the cost) but i had a lvl 9 building like a week or so before the end so it wasn't really necessary (plus on top i did waste a bit of equipment figuring out how to dig things and not clear all sand tiles) Like every other event you have to chose whether to go for the main prize or chase daily specials. The carneval one i chased the set on beta, but went for hofs on live (because i dont like the sets much on my main world :D)