• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Archaeology 2021

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
My results from this event:

No diamonds spent.
27 total tablets, 1 full set, 7/8 for a 2nd set (missing gold tablet).
37 gems found - plenty to complete the calendar
around 10 daily specials spread over 5-6 different types, will go back and double check eventually (have everything recorded)
13.5 grand prizes completed
14 ferris wheel levels. 2 level one buildings, 3 selection kits (1 from event surprise box, 2 from calendar), and 9 upgrade kits.

That means that, unlike the spring event, it is possible to get a full event building for free without diamonds, even if you don't have the event surprise box or go for the calendar. Even if I didn't get a full tablet set, I would have had enough without the event surprise box or calendar (11 total levels).

6zeva9

Baronet
i have collected 26 gem shards, means 5 complete ones?, but i can't use those?
i can't click the missing calender fields to open it

is that a bug?

Edit: after a relog i could click an empty field in the calender, but didnt get the prize
I have been told about this by a guild mate they had used diamonds to get the last gem as he had no tool left and it was cheap than searching for more than 1 missing shard.
I am waiting to hear back from him but he did say that before clocking off he saw a message saying it was a know issue. Just waiting to hear if he got his diamonds back or if he gets the chest,

sinaminn

Farmer
I have been told about this by a guild mate they had used diamonds to get the last gem as he had no tool left and it was cheap than searching for more than 1 missing shard.
I am waiting to hear back from him but he did say that before clocking off he saw a message saying it was a know issue. Just waiting to hear if he got his diamonds back or if he gets the chest,

I reported it and got the standard "we are aware and it has been passed on to the devs. We hope for your patience." No diamonds or rewards have shown up in my acct though.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Why those secrets, why those testings without any logic, isnt beta supposed to have things to be tested by everyone, why only a part of people have shuffle and others dont?
It was fair for everyone to have that shuffle button, last years same event didnt have one, so you could easily compare last year succes of this event and with the downgrade of this event this year.

They may wish to contrast how people play the event with and without the swap feature to gauge whether it's a desirable aspect (not in terms of outcomes but in terms of how much those players engage with the event). There's additional factors when trying to use another year's event - different desirability of the main prize, addition of the calendar, etc - so a partial release for something they're not sure of does make some sense.

This being beta, I don't really see a problem with such - it's something one has to accept; that some people may get awesome opportunities others don't. When they've done such partial-releases on live (or retroactive nerfs making a GB more expensive to level if you didn't get it done beforehand) it has pissed me off at times though - so hopefully it's either all-on or all-off on live.

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
No diamonds spent.
Finished with a fully leveled Ferris Wheel. Got 1 selection kit from the surprise box and 2 from finishing the calendar. But in the end I didn't need the 2 from the calendar..

Didn't get the historian reward, but solved all tablet questlines I got. Don't know the exact number of tablets, but I was completely missing two of the silver ones. So which tablets you got and how many of each seems just as random as the earlier years.

The last few events the devs have literally copy and pasted the entire event from last year even down to the quests, just swapped out the main prices. That's just really depressing. Hope that manpower went somewhere useful, but I don't like this trend.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The last few events the devs have literally copy and pasted the entire event from last year even down to the quests, just swapped out the main prices. That's just really depressing. Hope that manpower went somewhere useful, but I don't like this trend.

Well this one they added a calendar and possibly a daily prize swap out (we'll have to see if that goes live or not). So can't say it was a complete C&P effort this time :p

And St Pat's they added that random prize for each task. I wish they'd changed more but it's not nothing.

So they're adding little things - can't say I care if they change the quest requirements (barring some entirely new type of quest maybe that adds variety). Whether they first ask me for 20 1 hour productions or 10 4 hour productions is not something I'm likely to even remember. And for events like archaeology/hallowe'en that I like I'm just fine that it's the same as last year.

Well this one they added a calendar and possibly a daily prize swap out (we'll have to see if that goes live or not). So can't say it was a complete C&P effort this time :p

And St Pat's they added that random prize for each task. I wish they'd changed more but it's not nothing.

So they're adding little things - can't say I care if they change the quest requirements (barring some entirely new type of quest maybe that adds variety). Whether they first ask me for 20 1 hour productions or 10 4 hour productions is not something I'm likely to even remember. And for events like archaeology/hallowe'en that I like I'm just fine that it's the same as last year.
I never got the prize swap out so I'm totally clueless on that. I have mixed feelings on the calendar since this event so heavily went against daily prizes that doing the calendar was not of much consequence, but in other events there are going to be for sure dailies I want to get another full building.

Mostly I knew the quest because the wiki page had all of the quests and we didn't have to wait to find out. :p

jlive2013

Farmer

No diamonds spent.
around 10 daily specials spread over 5-6 different types, will go back and double check eventually (have everything recorded)
14 ferris wheel levels. 2 level one buildings, 3 selection kits (1 from event surprise box, 2 from calendar), and 9 upgrade kits.

That means that, unlike the spring event, it is possible to get a full event building for free without diamonds, even if you don't have the event surprise box or go for the calendar. Even if I didn't get a full tablet set, I would have had enough without the event surprise box or calendar (11 total levels).
That is my hole point. You are lucky, I am not. It should be the same for all of us. If you are on every day. Complete all quest. The result should be the same. In IRL this will be that we buy the same car for the same money. Mine is like a Skoda, and yours is like a BMW.

Sinitar

Regent

No diamonds spent.

around 350 scrolls from incidents(1 time got 100)
with the tablets are same(26)
the full set I cannot complete it for missing the first silver tablet
gems are around 25 found but I complete the calendar
only 3 daily specials obtained
12,5 gran prizes completed
13 ferris wheel levels: the difference is only 1 upgrade kit less
no diamonds spent too

6zeva9

Baronet
around 350 scrolls from incidents(1 time got 100)
with the tablets are same(26)
the full set I cannot complete it for missing the first silver tablet
gems are around 25 found but I complete the calendar
only 3 daily specials obtained
12,5 gran prizes completed
13 ferris wheel levels: the difference is only 1 upgrade kit less
no diamonds spent too
Most of us seem to be missing that final Silver Tablet this year, though not all missing the same Silver Tablet.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Late return of my experience on the archeology event:

although I still regret the random part (in incidents, in excavations, in% of vases or tablets, ...) I really appreciated the effort of inno to impose a thoughtful choice between daily price and calendar.
However, I approach the more obvious lack of choice.
The discovery of the gem should be automatic with the use of X tools (X to be determined) in order to force a choice strategy between the price of the day and the calendar, while rewarding regular players.

The two choises of the Ferris wheel are very popular with my guild. Choosing the axis of its building bonuses at its final level is a strategy that Inno should systematically put in place.

Last edited:

Fenix

Viceroy
7 days left. I can't find books, I can't find gems, I can't get specials.

But I got several portraits....

Fenix

Viceroy
Just to add: making the shreds more difficult to find was a bad move. It ruined this event in live.

Goldra

Marquis
In my city i spended 10k diamonds and i will have two full wheels when it ends. All the tablets found and callendar completed