• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Arc Lvl'ing Efficiency

Mailia

Merchant
If I theoretically make a base income (1.0) of 1,000 Fp's a week from 1.9/snipes, would it be more efficient to lvl Arc to 29 on dailies (what goes into my bar), then power it from 30-80 using my bank? Or would it be better to put all of my collected Fp (bar + bank) onto every lvl of my Arc until 80? Or is there some 3rd option that works better?

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts/opinions and personal experiences on how you would (or did) lvl Arc. And if possible i'd like to know (math-wise) which option above is most efficient, and/or how that would be calculated :)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Somewhere in between, but closer to all of it into arc.

More or less while you still have "pressing objectives" that will make you more efficient, you may as well spend it as you get it contingent on having enough of a bank to continue doing your snipes and taking spots where you need them for more prints.

It doesn't get any cheaper, or any faster to get to 80 for dawdling from 0->29. There is literally no benefit to having idle FP that you never use to invest and aren't saving for a currently unavailable purpose (such as a new age GB, or blitzing a following age). And I say this as someone who usually has large amounts of idle FP uninvested because I'm just lazy ;)

---

If you have goods you sell for GBs that might be a slight angle towards using that on the early levels while you save most of "your" FP for the faster ones and then can pursue more goods sales at the higher ones - it's hard to fit in people's donations in a way that profits you on the fast levels.

In my guild we had "group leveling" till 30 (in fact it was 29) and then I've powered mine to 75. I could do till 80 but I wanted to save some bank for investments / sniping. IMO it's more efficient than "slow" leveling, because of participation in 1.9 threads. While normal leveling makes you lose FP due to lower return on 1.9, having Arc powered to 80 refrains those loses. Same goes for sniping - it's more profitable with higher Arc. ;)
Group leveling gave me enough BPs and bank to power to 80, so afterwards 1.9 and sniping gives me more income.

It took me much less time to restore the bank to the same (and higher) volume than to build it up for power level my Arc.

GwenGwen

Merchant
I apply a third solution: that of the little ant.
I calculate how many pfs I take each day.
I set myself to spend for example 40% on Arche and all the rest goes into inventory through investments without losses.
Or if you prefer, I set myself to deposit 60% into inventory and everything else goes to my Ark. It's always what I do before putting the 40% on my Ark because it's not always easy.
The net gain additionally can go to my Ark or stay in my bank for levels 29-80 which ideally is through rushes of at least 10 levels each time.
Same principle for all Gms and era changes. In short, all expenses without return.

Mailia

Merchant
As far as I can tell, if you make 1k in the bank per week going straight to 80 is better. Here's my math...

-700 daily Fp-

1-29 then power 30-80
15.1 weeks to 29, 13.4 weeks to collect power Fp
1-80 contributing all
14.1 weeks to 80

-800 daily Fp-
1-29 then power 30-80
13.2 weeks to 29, 13.4 weeks to collect power Fp
1-80 contributing all
13.3 weeks to 80

-900 daily Fp-
1-29 then power 30-80
11.7 weeks to 29, 13.4 weeks to collect power Fp
1-80 contributing all
12.6 weeks to 80

-1000 daily Fp-
1-29 then power 30-80
10.6 weeks to 29, 13.4 weeks to collect power Fp
1-80 contributing all
12 weeks to 80

Mailia

Merchant
This was my math when banking 800Fp a week

-700 daily Fp-
1-29 then power 30-80
15.1 weeks to 29, 16.7 weeks to collect power Fp
1-80 contributing all
16 weeks to 80

-800 daily Fp-
1-29 then power 30-80
13.2 weeks to 29, 16.7 weeks to collect power Fp
1-80 contributing all
15 weeks to 80

-900 daily Fp-
1-29 then power 30-80
11.7 weeks to 29, 16.7 weeks to collect power Fp
1-80 contributing all
14.1 weeks to 80

-1000 daily Fp-
1-29 then power 30-80
10.6 weeks to 29, 16.7 weeks to collect power Fp
1-80 contributing all
13.3 weeks to 80

Mailia

Merchant
I think i'm doing smt wrong though... I just ran the numbers for one of my smaller cities:

15-29 then power 30-80
6.1 weeks to 29, 8.7 weeks to collect power Fp
15-80 contributing all
10.1 weeks to 80

Ark is one you don't really have to double collect on unless you like your city on a timer like I do, I'd just power through to 80 by any means necessary. Most people (like myself) try to level it as soon as possible as one of their first GB, so it is real tough getting from level 70 to 80 and not having a lot of FP income/bank yet. But it pays off real quick when you can get unlimited BP/FP/medals/ryleh tasks as possible to level everything else.

For any other GB I'd just go with income and save the bank.