• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected appearance and some gameplay improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlobnyj bot

Squire
Reason
less server load
Details
better
Balance
minimal impact on balance.
Abuse Prevention
I have no idea how hiding blueprints, editing the guild feed and adding an exit button closer can affect the possibility of cheating.
Summary
expanding the orange menu on the left, with the addition of settlements and fields, will help add an additional button at the top.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
read as far as possible, found nothing.
okay, a little about the style of play.

I play by entering open guilds, helping everyone in auto mode, and level 90 grain storage. and some things annoy me a lot.

first. with a pumped rain forest, I have to constantly look at the blueprints, of which I have 99. ninety nine plus each blueprint! Why do I need this information? isn't it easier to just visually make a line drawing +1? or just don't show such things. it stupidly takes time and nothing else.
1598469959764.png

second. tape work. open guilds are no different visually from the guilds you need to ask for. thus, without knowing the language on a server other than my native one, I cannot visually distinguish them! it's just annoying. I propose to replace the color of the guild, which cannot be entered immediately, with brown, or simply remove all guilds that require applications from the guild feed - this will greatly facilitate the run and save the game from meaningless membership requests, which in this case simply have to be sent out in hundreds without any effect for me and for these guilds. also loading a guild profile upon entering it is of little use, even if you are immediately going to exit. as a rule, when joining a certain guild for any purpose, all information about it is viewed in advance, or you just know it.
1598469918740.png

third. if you can join a guild with ONE BUTTON, then leaving it is a separate, complex and more than a long-term quest, in which for a minute I have to download the entire list of members of each guild from the server every time. this is an unnecessary and unnecessary load on the server, which can be avoided by simply making the exit button EVEN in the guild profile. Yes, but I don't even look at the names or profiles, and ideally this button should be in the players menu. expanding the orange menu on the left, with the addition of settlements and fields, will help add an additional button at the top.
1598470850749.png1598470230434.png

with such changes, the granary can be made a real alternative to the arch + chateau, whereas with this design it has no place for life.

special thanks for the implementation of auto-help, without it it would be completely unrealistic - loading each city is very tedious (

pictures with options are attached.

Attachments

• 1598470139122.png
    1598470139122.png
    165.8 KB · Views: 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Ok...
0. " and level 90 grain storage. " What you mean by that? Seed Vault?

1. Number of Blue Prints. I do not have a problem with the 99. The problem is when you got more than 99 and the image cant display the correct total and shows " 1..." if the total is between 100 and 199. Anyway, when I go to the Blueprints screen my question in mind usually is "Do I have enough BPs to unlock the next level?".

Could Inno allow to use the whole width of the top line of the square showing the BP to display the total of BPs for the slot? That will allow to display a total in the 100's and even if the 1,000's without issues.

2. Buttons to join a Guild.
Actually the button under the guild banner says the rule to join, the ;problem is when the player had chosen a world set at a different language and can not differentiate if is an open guild / auto join, or need to Apply to be accepted.
Solutions:
a. Use a Translator - no programming needed.
b. Change color of the button for each option available to join a guild. -programming & graphical design needed.

3. Easy to join a guild, more steps to leave a guild.
I think that the decision to leave a guild is more important than when joining. Then the additional steps gives the player time to a last thought and confirm his/her decision to leave or stay a little longer.

Last edited:

zlobnyj bot

Squire
0. yes, Seed Vault

1. I do not have a problem with the 99. The problem is when you got more than 99 and the image cant display the correct total and shows " 1..." if the total is between 100 and 199. anyway, when I go to the Blueprints screen my question in mind usually is "Do I have enough BPs to unlock the next level?".
1. Why would you know about another blueprint if you have 99+ of them? you are not planning to build buildings that high anyway, and if you do, there will be fewer blueprints.
Could Inno allow to use the whole width of the top line of the square showing the BP to display the total of BPs for the slot? That will allow to display a total in the 100's and even if the 1,000's without issues.
- WHY? Why should I see this information at every fifth auto-help?

Solutions:
a. Use a Translator - no programming needed.
2. you can go to a Thai server and check your idea yourself, with a translator. about eight hours - record a video and see how long you have)

3. the question is just about the need to download the profile and the guild list EVERY TIME while doing so.
in my case reducing the load on the server is justified since I log in and out hundreds of times a day.

zlobnyj bot

Squire
1. Number of Blue Prints. I do not have a problem with the 99. The problem is when you got more than 99 and the image cant display the correct total and shows " 1..." if the total is between 100 and 199. anyway, when I go to the Blueprints screen my question in mind usually is "Do I have enough BPs to unlock the next level?".

I think I understand. i`m were talking about a window with a drawing that you see during auto-help, similar to the window at the entrance to a tavern, which also carried approximately 0 information for the player.

Last edited:
2. you can go to a Thai server and check your idea yourself, with a translator. about eight hours - record a video and see how long you have)
The words that needs to be translated are not many, the player just need to know how to identify the equivalents for "Apply", "Join", etc..
Not require eight hours to learn that.

Or select a world using a language the player can manage.

the game is currently designed for players to enter guilds easily (and thanks for the apply button now when u click a guild name from the lists) and then once entered enjoy helping the other members with their game as well as be helped with yours... that's the value of guilds, right? so why make it easy to enter and leave? this promotes sloppy guild growth, inconvenient adding and deleting these members from threads, little value in recruiters and their guild promotion for guild growth and lessens overall the quality of guild mechanics for those who are planning to stay... would u place fps onto a GB of a guild member if you KNOW they will leave within a half hour?

the game is currently designed for players to enter guilds easily (and thanks for the apply button now when u click a guild name from the lists) and then once entered enjoy helping the other members with their game as well as be helped with yours... that's the value of guilds, right? so why make it easy to enter and leave? this promotes sloppy guild growth, inconvenient adding and deleting these members from threads, little value in recruiters and their guild promotion for guild growth and lessens overall the quality of guild mechanics for those who are planning to stay... would u place fps onto a GB of a guild member if you KNOW they will leave within a half hour?
Agree, leaving a guild should be take more time than joining the guild.

zlobnyj bot

Squire
I will explain my point of view on this.
one - the menu will not help in any way to delay the member in the guild, if he decided to leave.
two - at the moment, any player can submit a request for admission to any guild, but only the guild administration can consider this request.
on new guilds, which do not care who to accept, this is not reflected in any way.
old guilds reject as a rule 90% of applications, and they are looking for those whom they accept on their own in 90% of cases.
With the redecoration of the ribbon, the guild administration will begin to more correctly assess their capabilities and requirements for accepting new players.
Of course, there are individual cases of players who do not linger anywhere, but in most cases they are also looking for a guild through the world chat, which is now also being introduced in the phone version of the game, as I understand it.
there is simply no point in showing guilds with an application for membership in the feed for the above reasons.

OK This may suit YOUR preferred method of playing the game. but it would not suit mine. I may be reading what you say wrongly, but to me what you are saying is that you play the game by constantly guild hopping. You only stay long enough to "help" the guild in a way that the least inconvenient to you. So you think the game should be changed purely to suit what you want. and therefore make it that everyone would be forced to play it your way. This is not how this game was designed to be played. Would it be better? No. It would not be the same game.

zlobnyj bot

Squire
The words that needs to be translated are not many, the player just need to know how to identify the equivalents for "Apply", "Join", etc..
Not require eight hours to learn that.

Or select a world using a language the player can manage.
it doesn't take many words. just show how you copy this from the button to translate the word)
or will you be typing it into a translator, in a language for which you don't have buttons on your keyboard?
in any case, the clarity of the selection should be determined by the color of the buttons. the most common are green, red and brown - similar to the auto-fight button.
I see no reason to enter a visual highlighting of the buttons in all menus except this one.
the game as a whole, it seems to me, should correspond to a single style and design of all menus.

zlobnyj bot

Squire
OK This may suit YOUR preferred method of playing the game. but it would not suit mine. I may be reading what you say wrongly, but to me what you are saying is that you play the game by constantly guild hopping. You only stay long enough to "help" the guild in a way that the least inconvenient to you. So you think the game should be changed purely to suit what you want. and therefore make it that everyone would be forced to play it your way. This is not how this game was designed to be played. Would it be better? No. It would not be the same game.

well. Is it in another game that you developed buttons for entering the required amount of antiquarian coins and forge points?
Was it in another game that they developed an auto-help button, removed the tavern window, removed visiting the city during an attack?

I propose just the following logical changes for discussion.
or do you still shout wow when searching for a blueprint?)

I
or do you still shout wow when searching for a blueprint?)
I actually cannot remember the last time I searched for BPs. But then again, I only guild hop if I start a new city for the first few days until I build up coin. As it is (to me) a very inefficient way of getting BPs. I then look to see if I have friends from other world playing there and what guilds they are in. Also research the different guilds in that world via their profile to see which ones I would consider joining. Can do that in a couple of days Then I am in a decent guild where getting BPs is no longer a problem.

zlobnyj bot

Squire
Then I am in a decent guild where getting BPs is no longer a problem.
I agree, but with the rain forest 60 and highter, getting unnecessary blueprints takes on a much wider scope. I personally have friends who do not even help anyone because of these windows after every fifth help.

About playing in a world set in a language the player can not understand or handle...
  • Regarding joining a guild, only need to know the server language word for "Join", vs "Apply" and other methods to join a guild. Not a big deal to learn.
  • However, Playing FOE requires reading text in quests, info tips, windows messages, etc. I find it very hard to advance if can't understand what the game is asking the player to do. Plus, although not strictly required, interaction with other players in the world would be very limited if the player cant understand the language they use.
My first language is Spanish, and my second is english. I play at EN server and have a city here at Beta. Could start a new city at any server using Spanish, or at the US server, but I would not try other servers. Not much fun if isolated by a language barrier, not only from other players, but from the game itself.

zlobnyj bot

Squire
About playing in a world set in a language the player can not understand or handle...
  • Regarding joining a guild, only need to know the server language word for "Join", vs "Apply" and other methods to join a guild. Not a big deal to learn.
  • However, Playing FOE requires reading text in quests, info tips, windows messages, etc. I find it very hard to advance if can't understand what the game is asking the player to do. Plus, although not strictly required, interaction with other players in the world would be very limited if the player cant understand the language they use.
My first language is Spanish, and my second is english. I play at EN server and have a city here at Beta. Could start a new city at any server using Spanish, or at the US server, but I would not try other servers. Not much fun if isolated by a language barrier, not only from other players, but from the game itself.
nevertheless, you can play with the native menu without socialization, if you understand what I'm talking about) the same robbery and sniping do not require discussion, as a rule, as well as help.
if this is the second world, the player knows at least in general terms what to do, how to do it, and why he does it. and the signs in the margins are not just for beauty)

Status
Not open for further replies.