• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: [App] network error when insufficient space is availble for download [Rewarded]

DeletedUser8257

• Browser and Version: Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow, API level 23) on Nexus 7 tablet, App version 1.173.1 (fresh install)
  • Overview of the bug: When attempting to install additional data (after installing from app store), you get an error stating that no network connection is available if there is insufficient space available on the device. After spending a lot of time trying to figure out what the connection error occurred from, I noticed I didn't have enough space available - after freeing up enough space for the download the error stopped occurring.
  • Screenshots: N/A
  • How often this occurs: Consistently, until space is freed up.
  • Urgency: Semi-urgent, as it leads you to troubleshoot in irrelevant places if you can't download the data needed to play the game.
  • Preventative Actions: Free up space after I per chance noticed that I didn't have enough available.
  • Summary: Not having sufficient space available when downloading additional data on a fresh install leads to a connection error, rather than an insufficient space error.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes.
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods: Yes.

Pafton

Viceroy
We're unable to reproduce this issue due to, well, not meeting the exact circumstances (read this as having sufficient storage space). If anyone else is able to reproduce please let us know.

DeletedUser8257

It's very circumstantial, I'll admit. I re-did the process and took some screenshots. Same device and version as in the original post. App version is 1.174.2 this time.

1. Install FoE on your device. Clear any previous data if needed, such that you get a fresh install.
  2. Fill your device with bloat and ensure you have at most 650mb storage available (download is roughly 680mb).
    ODSQUs2.png
  3. Now start FoE, login, and select a world - you should be sent to the loading screen, once almost loaded, a download will start. When you don't have enough space, you will get the following error.
    RkaNsx8.png
  4. Now, free up some storage space, such that you have enough for the download.
    64iE6jR.png
  5. Retry step 3, and the download should start normally.
    HSFghS1.png

Andi47

Overlord
I'd say, that the error message after step 3 should read something like "not enough space" rather than "check your WiFi connection".