• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback App Donating is cheating

On EN server I donate 100K FP a week to GBs. 95% has to be done on app, to avoid someone seeing you adding, and they then jump in with app. I never do it to others.

I dont like having to use the app, and only use it for GB donating. would prefer to do all gaming in browser. but as others say, just make it the same for both

DeletedUser8150

The problem I can see here is that as long as its just considered a difference - the devs may not even be aware that there is an issue as it won't go to them as a bug and the only other route via 'user suggestions' can take years before they are included (even when they are)

Manganite

Merchant
Never forget that most of the players are using the app. and most of them are just normal players. I hope, they will not make the game inconvenient for the majority just to please a handful of extreme players...

DeletedUser4381

The FP donation ability gets mentioned a lot, but I don't see a problem. The app is severely hampered in loads of other areas (which have been listed on the forum several times) and having one area of outright awesomeness is a nice consolation prize.

Also, anyone can use the app with a small bit of effort. Either run Andy (or Bluestacks, or any other Android emulator) on your machine and use that to run the app... or (if you have a smartphone) use the app yourself.

DeletedUser4381

then inform yourself better

problem: app sends all clicks at once (lets say the app player makes 200 clicks on 10 FP)

Still don't see a problem. Stop complaining and use the app yourself. No problem.

Miepie

Baronet
Still don't see a problem. Stop complaining and use the app yourself. No problem.

amazing, all those app players who don't see a problem in having a mayor advantage. Somehow I doubt you'd be as content with the situation if the roles were reversed.

But as far as I'm concerned it is very simple, either this is an unintentional advantage for app players and therefor a bug, or it is an intentional choice from inno to give app players the advantage and if that is the case, they should admit it.

DeletedUser4381

amazing, all those app players who don't see a problem in having a mayor advantage. Somehow I doubt you'd be as content with the situation if the roles were reversed.

But as far as I'm concerned it is very simple, either this is an unintentional advantage for app players and therefor a bug, or it is an intentional choice from inno to give app players the advantage and if that is the case, they should admit it.

The roles have been reversed. I've been sniped by both app *and* browser users. I dealt with it by timing my donations better, organising a time when a player opens a level on their GB, or using the App myself.

Also, I didn't hear browser-users complaining when App users had to do the following to donate FP to GBs
- Open menu
- Go to Inventory
- Scroll through every single reward until you got to the FP packs
- Add FP pack to bar
- Close inventory
- Load friends city
- Load GB
- Donate
- Go back to own city

rinse and repeat until done... or until you gave up and used Puffin to get access to the web-version, which was much more likely.
(And if you wanted to use multiple 2FP packs, the inventory reset to the top when you used a pack so you had to scroll all the way through your inventory *again* to get back to the FP packs.)

That was the case for App users for a long time, so no I don't begrudge them a fast donation system

Also, just to point out what App users *still* lose out on.

Filtering attached/unattached units,
Icon showing collections available
Icon showing building inactive
Hot-swapping buildings during redesigns
Names for market trades
Mouseover tooltips
Practically all of the event history
*Actually* the entirety of GvG.
Being able to clearly identify a battle hex and the type of bonuses it gives (or takes, if it's a stealth unit on the wrong hex)

I'm sure there's more as well.

tl;dr version? Use the app yourself.

Miepie

Baronet
You are absolutely right stating the app still isn't anywhere near the browser version. But you don't hear me saying that's ok, it isn't. And that's exactly why I only use the app as a backup. And ofcoure, nowadays to donate large amounts of fp.
But it sounds like you see this as some kind of payback. Now it's the browser players turn to be screwed. Can't imagine that's what the devs are trying to do, but hey, I could be wrong.
But that doesn't change anythhing, either it is intentional and then inno should admit to that, (and give a formal warning to all browser players) or it is unintentional and then it is a bug and then it should be fixed.

DeletedUser4381

I don't see it as payback. Everyone is free to use the app, and it's as simple as that.

DeletedUser4381

You were specifically moaning about FP donation in the app, and you are free to use the app as well.

Pick a different straw man.

DeletedUser4381

I'm sure it is. (I'll stick with my smartphone though, as carrying a PC around just to donate FP is inconvenient)

DeletedUser4381

I will
the emulator is great
fun to watch seeing the 200 clicks and then when they are send at once to the server

:D

ok
lets moan about FP donation in the browser and how it can be made better :D

my suggestion:
collect all clicks and send them at once

The browser used to actually queue clicks, until there was a half-second or so delay. It was most noticeable when making collections as people used to be able to swipe-collect, and then click each building and set productions. All the queued clicks setting productions would be sent to the server at once as long as you could click quickly enough

DeletedUser4381

lol. nice try to fool the people here

after a donation click in the GB the button is greyed out and can't be clicked again until it was send to the server and the donations are updated

I said "used to queue clicks", not can queue them. The ability to queue clicks was lost with the new internal routine that was introduced as part of the update that dealt with collections. Browser-clicks trigger immediately nowadays. (I don't see why a queue mechanism can't be used though, as it used to be there.)

DeletedUser8858

Anyway you slice it, being able to go from 0 to locked without being seen is grossly overpowered. Having protection from collisions is also way out of line and I imagine if this was not the case there would be a mountain more complaints about it.

Developers didn't want you to be able to put in custom amounts (10, 1 or bar only), took away the ability for people to bomb (in the manner of donating while still having a large amount on bar to push past/lock) but then came out with a redesigned system for app that pretty much gives them these abilities (given how much you can donate in a few seconds), hidden on top of it (if done right) while also being protected from fp loss due to collisions and now so easily able to jump anyone using browser. How is this not grossly unfair between platforms?

It is a growing problem especially with those that are dominating using it as well as those that figured out you cannot be beat if you push + lock using app.

It is really disheartening to be near lock and your game freezes knowing you just got screwed (yes browser games completely freezes while all the points are applied).

Saying use the app or an emulator is not a solution.

DeletedUser8277

Having all players move to the app is not a solution to this problem just a continuance. No player should have the ability to put 2K FP on a GB in one click in 'stealth mode'. Then you run into issues with two players clicking at the same time, or one player on a slightly slower network losing all their points. It's the same reason why the fill in the blank FP contribution bar could never work. Everyone should be able to see when someone is working on the building and no one should be able to hide that they're working on that building.

Using the app to add also makes doing the spend FP RQ much more dificult. As is on browser you run the risk of getting sniped but against another browser person you will see if they have added anything and can stop your RQs to finish the building.

Just because some of the app people like their unfair advantage doesn't mean it isn't an issue affecting the playability of the game for everyone.

DeletedUser7107

Wouldn't be a problem if the Arc got nerfed. Then you wouldn't have people staring at their screens for all hours of the day waiting for Arcs to level so they could farm that free FP from them.[/QUOTE
Such a dumb idea I am speechless

DeletedUser8858

The Arc is only coincidental and is not the issue at hand which is the way the app behaves with GB donations. It should have its own thread given its a go to complaint in just about every thread relating to FP.

Capping the amount that can be sent to server at one time would be ideal, at least it affords others to be able to see who is actively contributing and make decisions based on that.

To clarify, capping the amount of 1's/10's presses that can be sent at one time. Bar dump should still be possible to be inline with browser.

DeletedUser8858

Something needs to be done, stealth speed locking with app as at ridiculous levels now. Why is one platform so grossly unbalanced?

"They are different platforms" seems to be an excuse to ignore the issues brought on by the abilities granted to app users. A lot of people are saying they just log in with app to donate and go back to browser.

"Use the app" is not a solution either.

FP are the most valuable resource in the game, there should be limits and controls in place on all platforms.

Tigertjheu

Squire
I uses this lots of time, someone is donating for the 1st place and i jump over him, i have 300FP profit while the other loses at least 600 fp, its mucked up but hea its no bug :p

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-04-09 - replaced inappropriate acronym.

Last edited by a moderator: