• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback App Donating is cheating

Amy Steele

Regent
Hey folks! As this is not a bug with the game code, but rather a clear difference between the way the app works and the way the browser works, I have moved this thread to our feedback section

DeletedUser5882

I think a preventive feature is needed.
I have seen plenty of suggestions for making the donation faster. But the objections would almost always note the fact that many players could be doing that fast donation thing at once and that it would not solve the problem.

My suggestion is adding a feature that selects a candidate.
If say I have enough fps to that spot I could first click "give me priority" sort of a button. If I was the first one to click that the spot could be "not available" for 10 seconds. Not longer, definitely not.

This 10 seconds of "spot reserved" type alert/blocking would at least solve most of the fp losses happening during big donations.

EDIT: After thinking a few minutes, I realized that this feature could be abused too. Like deliberately clicking to block players.. So, need to revise it.....!

Maybe combining the spot reservation method and donating the fps in one click? Once you managed to reserve the spot, it could also mean that you had donated that amount of fps?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8150

Hey folks! As this is not a bug with the game code, but rather a clear difference between the way the app works and the way the browser works, I have moved this thread to our feedback section

While what you say is true it does feel a bit like my car dealer telling me the fact they only put on 3 tyres is a feature not a fault!

The longterm solution is the same as it has been for years. You click on the donate button specifying an amount and the game automatically calculated how many packs to use. (Just as it does now with donations of 10Fps being created from smaller packs)

DeletedUser8277

I would think the best way to fix this would be to limit how many points an app player can place at one. 50-100. They would still be able to contribute much quicker but they couldn't wait until you were 10 away and snipe you.

I do think this is definitely a problem that needs to be addressed. Currently the game is set to give mobile players an auto win costing browser players potentially thousands of FP.

A simple limit of how many get applied at once should fix this. Mobile having an edge is one thing but the way is currently is now seems exactly like the bug this was reported as. Mobile players (though fully playing within the current abilities of the game so no fault of their own) are able to abuse the system to their advantage and at the great disadvantage of all browser players.

DeletedUser5882

to limit how many points an app player can place at one

In app we still are limited with 10 fps at most.

The difference is the refresh rate of the 10fp button. In app it feels like 1/10 seconds but in browser it takes at least 1 second between the clicks for the button to be available for clicking.

giving that unfair advantage to app players

My guess it happens because the mobile app lacks some important features that the browser version has as standard. So I don't think the situation is like Inno gives apps some advantages but instead it happens because some advantages flourish over the lack of some other advantages/features (like GvG for example)

Edit: I am not a big donator yet but I use the app mostly for aiding and tavern visiting actually because the refresh rate of most buttons are very fast there. While it all (aid+tavern) takes 3-4 mins in browser, my estimation is that it takes around 1 - 1,30 minutes in app! So it has several advantages in certain situations while the lack of GvG feels like a disadvantage for me but probably is also an important reason for why these things happen faster in apps.

DeletedUser8150

The difference is the refresh rate of the 10fp button. In app it feels like 1/10 seconds but in browser it takes at least 1 second between the clicks for the button to be available for clicking.

My guess it happens because the mobile app lacks some important features that the browser version has as standard. So I don't think the situation is like Inno gives apps some advantages but instead it happens because some advantages flourish over the lack of some other advantages/features (like GvG for example)

Edit: I am not a big donator yet but I use the app mostly for aiding and tavern visiting actually because the refresh rate of most buttons are very fast there. While it all (aid+tavern) takes 3-4 mins in browser, my estimation is that it takes around 1 - 1,30 minutes in app! So it has several advantages in certain situations while the lack of GvG feels like a disadvantage for me but probably is also an important reason for why these things happen faster in apps.

The advantages in the app are big enough to be an issue but what you're not mentioning is the 'stealth' aspect. You can add without it showing to other users until you have sniped the place.

DeletedUser5882

The advantages in the app are big enough to be an issue but what you're not mentioning is the 'stealth' aspect. You can add without it showing to other users until you have sniped the place.

That may be true. But is it the "stealth" or "speed" that prevents being noticed?
It still could be the refresh rate that makes it look like a stealth feature.

The refresh rate of the clickings are so incredible in apps that I did accidentally place extra 10 fps a few times :D
When using browser I could see the other person after 5 clicks or so, but in app, I can hardly see myself unless I stop the clicking to see how much I made in like 5 seconds! :eek:

And I should add that I do not use app for fear of being sniped or to snipe someone else. I have recently started placing around 1K and it is a hell of work with pc!

Other than that I had some "friends" who liked snatching opportunity from my GBs which I never made an issue of, but when I caught an opportunity in their GBs, I noticed that suddenly I could not place any more fps because the GB had been disconnected!!

For those who cannot use the civilized method of communicating by writing a profile warning or sending a friendly text and instead resort to ugly methods without a single warning (while they themselves think snatching opportunities in your GBs is okay), I deliberately use the mobile app with a big smile on my face!! Although I did something like that only once or twice. Otherwise I respect everyone's methods they want use with their GBs.

qaccy

Emperor
Wouldn't be a problem if the Arc got nerfed. Then you wouldn't have people staring at their screens for all hours of the day waiting for Arcs to level so they could farm that free FP from them.

DeletedUser5882

you say it yourself: you need to stop to see the result

I see your point. I suppose the system needs player not to be clicking to register the input at certain server refresh periods so whatever the the amount the player clicked before stopping and giving the system time to register, it looks like it has been placed in one single click. I completely get it. I just think that it is a general feature in apps (android at least) and not something pertaining to GBs. The aid/tavern buttons respond as quick. I remember that I once somehow managed to press both and in one second aid reward showed up being immediately cancelled by tavern window. While it is a positive for aid/tavern in GBs it can be mixed according to your position and I sympathize with that.

what about the 1000 FP too much the browser player donated when he recognized that there was an app player donating for the same 1st place

I completely feel your frustration and if you look above, you will see that I too want Inno to find a solution for that problem. It does not have to be app/pc difference. There are many other factors that can cause such losses. My country may allow slower connection than yours, or my pc can allow me to be faster than you, flash can freeze. etc etc..

So yes, I agree it is a problem but solving app difference will not solve the problem. A once for all solution is needed.

vesgouo

Baronet
USbmzHD.png

1BFA

Viceroy

When will this "feature" made available in browser?

DeletedUser8277

I know you keep suggesting this but they have already told us numerous times they are NOT going to do this. All repeating it over and over does is retracts from the actual problem in this thread which should be addressed. This is not the only way to fix the issue nor would I for one even prefer it.

I'm not talking about how many you can get per click I'm talking about the amount you can send at once. When a mobile player clicks 10 that 10 isn't put on the GB like with browser players. What I'm suggesting is you click the 10 button and can only preload 50 or so before they get applied to the GB.

DeletedUser8823

Sorry for my English

I don't understand.

Innogames have made a perfect change, a great great change in mobile version.

and what is your solution?

roll back this change so that it works just like the browser??

Would not it be better to modify the browser version to be similar to the mobile version?

DeletedUser7779

I'm not talking about how many you can get per click I'm talking about the amount you can send at once. When a mobile player clicks 10 that 10 isn't put on the GB like with browser players. What I'm suggesting is you click the 10 button and can only preload 50 or so before they get applied to the GB.
I don't see why there has to be a limit.
Just make browser clicking same as app and there we go, everybody is happy.

Besides, it's not completely true that clicking speed doesn't matter...even on app, if you're slow (like half a second between clicks), fps are donated in chunks of 10 - exactly like in browser.
So I assume, exactly like BetaTest suggested, that there's some sort of a time buffer on app, maybe like 0.5 seconds. If you click the 10 fp again within less than 0.5 seconds, value is saved in memory and not transmitted to server yet. Only when the time between clicks exceeds that half second, the total amount of fps are sent to server and displayed on the GB.
Would love same thing on browser :)