• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Anniversary Event 2023

-Alin-

Emperor
Hmm, with this it should be an extra 500 progress merging bigger gems and around 250 points from keys, so 750 more progress.
It was possible to do 3500ish with the actual Nerf+today changes, to 4250 now? Maybe slightly more, 4500 for people that are doing 100-140 energies per board 3 times/day.
People still need to play this game in a good way to be sure they get the main building from level 3750 milestone, but it is better now, there is a bigger margine of error now.

Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Thanks for the slight rebalance -the only thing needing balancing now is the Energy shop.

I feel you do not get enough energy per diamond.

comparison:
Forgebowl had 10.870 free footballs, gave 1200 per 2k diamonds
StPat had 11200 free PoG, gave 2000 per 2k diamonds

Anniversary gives 10.5k free Energy, only gives 820 per 2k diamonds

Especially due to the inflationary costs of the minigame (resets) or costs for board clearing, this feels too low.

Last edited:
Feedback from my side. I very much like the minigame and the event. But there is a big but. It does not allow any mistake and it takes a bit allocating your own mistakes. I hadnt had enough time to hook on so mainly this was my fault. The second but... I dont like, that I have left more then 100 fire keys. I would like to see any kind of trade offers to change in other keys or even the the lowest chest (bronce) the possibility to open with remaining keys. From the first day I opened only the best chest and the dominant fire keys were not getting less whilst I run out of other keys. The last rebalancing is to late to be tested as I and most probably others run out of energy

hades8840

Squire
well reading I must of seriously played this event wrong usually pick them up easily but didnt even get the 9th upgrade let alone a full version of the main prize maybe mooingcat will end up with a guide to help as I am not looking forward to this event on the main worlds if I cant get my head around it

zookeepers

Marquis
On calculations, the final (should be) adjustment would do quite good, that

*1 Maxed ToC is well expectable for free
*1 extra full ToC + 2 KMWs can be done with the premium line only (w/o diamonds)
*3rd KMW is a challenge w/o diming, or with a small amount of dimes, quite promising

I feel you do not get enough energy per diamond.

This makes it expensive to gain extra ToCs with diamonds only (w/o the premium line).
Perhaps 35-40k is required.

But with the premium line, it can be cheaper than 20k
or otherwise (if you pay 35-40k) the 4th KMW can be yours.

Getting the 3rd ToC or the 5th KMW should cost quite a bunch.

I feel that the expected rewards are finally well balanced at the final day of the event in beta.
too bad it was really late that now it's impossible to check out the calculations,
but I'd not hesitate to say GJ.

Feedback from my side. I very much like the minigame and the event. But there is a big but. It does not allow any mistake and it takes a bit allocating your own mistakes. I hadnt had enough time to hook on so mainly this was my fault. The second but... I dont like, that I have left more then 100 fire keys. I would like to see any kind of trade offers to change in other keys or even the the lowest chest (bronce) the possibility to open with remaining keys. From the first day I opened only the best chest and the dominant fire keys were not getting less whilst I run out of other keys. The last rebalancing is to late to be tested as I and most probably others run out of energy
I had equal problems. First i would say, it was a very nicy event. No problem to get the main prize. But today at the end i have more than 50 red and green keys, but only one blue. The idea, to make it possible trading the keys can be very helpful

Dessire

Regent
IMPORTANT QUESTIONS HERE:

Assuming a pro player who really knows how to play the minigame and do not care about daily specials and only cares about pass progress and collect all incidents 3 times per day and connects everyday:

-How many diamonds should be spent to get 3 workshops at level 4 (including the one in gold league)?

- spending 140 energy for 4 resets per day, how many extra resets are required in order to achieve 3 lvl 4 workshops?

- do you believe that with 4k diamonds spent to buy energy would be enough? Because I would buy the pass only if it is possible to get 3 lvl 4 workshops with a spend of 4K diamonds.

Kronan

Viceroy
Yes, agree @Juber - Thanks for passing on the community's thoughts and today's changes (https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/anniversary-event-2023.16038/post-149985)

Agree with others - although I can't test their effects now, as the event is over and I have no more energy.

In summary: I got 2 items of value for my beta city (like @Battle Tomcat ) but they were acquired at the time when it was just announced that a math change to the bounty was going to happen. Being opportunistic, I did rush playing while the event was in our favor for such. As suspected, it was painful playing after those constrictions - as many of us detailed here (lots of screenshots).

Maybe today's changes swing it back "more center" for live players.

Time will tell.

My feedback still focuses on Inno overcoming impediments to adoption by increasing the understanding and ease at which ANY player can begin, and continue playing with progress. Frustration in learning it productively, and lack of palpable achievement to a goal will be it's biggest points of potential failure.

Last edited:

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
This isn't anything about the changes or anything, but wanted to give credit to whoever made the charts for the building stats. They look really nice! I like the use of nested charts for each column. I didn't notice it until now.
View attachment 9083
I created that with the help of the guys on the MooingCat Discord. It is not perfect, but fixes some problems the old table had :)

Beta567

Baronet
I don't know if someone suggested it already and I presume it is too late for that but would be nice to get a keys converter. This way we won't get many leftovers.

Astrid

Baronet
I don't know if someone suggested it already and I presume it is too late for that but would be nice to get a keys converter. This way we won't get many leftovers.

It has been suggested already as far as I know. The only issue remaining with the minigame is that it offers way too many fire keys.

My suggestion would be to be able to exchange 9 keys of one colour for 3 keys of a different colour, but only in batches of 9. If they want they could add a small cost of 10 energies per exchange.

Nick Banned

Merchant
I've waited to long, my fault. So I'm still in Hobby League, will be far away from building a stage 10 Conjunction Tower.
But at least I haven't spend any diamond and I'm full of 10% defender boosts!
Nice job Inno! By the way, what's about fragments for the defender boosts? I'm pretty sure, the people will love it.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
But I get another level 1 building before the final upgrade ???
The level 1 is between two grand prizes - if you didn't get the extra level 1 there instead it'd be something like a fragment of a SoK :p It's hardly worth complaining about whatever it is they stick *between* grand prizes - especially when it *might* be useful to someone.

I'm guessing the level 1 there is to be convenient to people who also bought the pass.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Yes, agree @Juber - Thanks for passing on the community's thoughts and today's changes (https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/anniversary-event-2023.16038/post-149985)

Agree with others - although I can't test their effects now, as the event is over and I have no more energy.

In summary: I got 2 items of value for my beta city (like @Battle Tomcat ) but they were acquired at the time when it was just announced that a math change to the bounty was going to happen. Being opportunistic, I did rush playing while the event was in our favor for such. As suspected, it was painful playing after those constrictions - as many of us detailed here (lots of screenshots).

Maybe today's changes swing it back "more center" for live players.

Time will tell.

My feedback still focuses on Inno overcoming impediments to adoption by increasing the understanding and ease at which ANY player can begin, and continue playing with progress. Frustration in learning it productively, and lack of palpable achievement to a goal will be it's biggest points of potential failure.
A rough evaluation of the changes:

big chest from 23->27 :
- 4 * 21 = 84 progress over the event from the double chest ;
- ~17% more exp from keys in general = ~225 say

Level 4 gem to 2 exp from 1 = ~6 exp per board:
- Over say 70 boards that's ~420 exp.

So in total you should get say 600-750 more over the event maybe. Which puts it pretty comfortable to finish 1 tower if you play the event right with a little room for experimentation to find out what right is at the start of the event.

But still probably quite strict for people who don't want to find out what right is or who want the event to be lazy and not require play most days.

The level 1 is between two grand prizes - if you didn't get the extra level 1 there instead it'd be something like a fragment of a SoK :p It's hardly worth complaining about whatever it is they stick *between* grand prizes - especially when it *might* be useful to someone.

I'm guessing the level 1 there is to be convenient to people who also bought the pass.
Maybe you're missing what I'm saying. I have a level 9 building right now, completed all the tasks. The milestones next for me are: level 1 building, building upgrade, (reno kit), golden upgrade. So I can't complete the level 10 building without having to go 2 extra milestones and getting an extra level 1 building.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Maybe you're missing what I'm saying. I have a level 9 building right now, completed all the tasks. The milestones next for me are: level 1 building, building upgrade, (reno kit), golden upgrade. So I can't complete the level 10 building without having to go 2 extra milestones and getting an extra level 1 building.
I understand what you're saying : what i'm saying is that if that level 1 building wasn't there, instead it'd be something else of no value to you but also probably of no value to anyone else. The point is that in the upgrade-filler-upgrade-filler-upgrade-filler progress, the golden upgrade fits in where you would normally get your 11th level. And the level 1 building is just filler for you (but may hold bonus value to someone who buys the pass).

Havik79

Baronet
Well that was poorly balanced, I am at 205/250 from the last level/gold level, and no way to get it without spending diamonds, stuck in the amateur league, and getting a huge bunch of great rewards, but what use are they when due to stupid over nerfing it was impossible to get the golden upgrade.

Stupid level one should have been further along, this was really stupidly balanced, worse than St Paddies at least you have a chance to get the gold level, with the pure GREED for this event you can't get it.

1582 days it shows I have been on beta, for just over 4 years (2 more on live before joining bet) this is the first event since starting on beta I have not been able to get the main reward building to max level, barring getting 100 of 150 frags in the St Paddies event.

If someone who has been playing as long as I have can not do it, what chance to newer players have.