• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

... and then it hit me like a ton of bricks.

DeletedUser

Basically, I was having all those problems with time outs and random errors and not enough resource produced. I tried conquering Paruuch's last province, but after about 4-5 moves the game showed an "Invalid unit ID error" and I couldn't get anywhere. It happened every time, despite the fact I cleared cache, cookies, reinstalled flash player and literally did everything I could have.

So, it was already nearly 1 AM, i was rather pissed after my 8th attempt at conquering Paruuch failed (luckily the battle kept crashing before I lost any units). I couldn't even gather resources because I kept getting the error that they are "not produced" so much that the error window nearly burned into the back of my retina. By they way, do you know that it would burn into it upside down since that's how we see the world? o_O

So yeh, basically, you want me to get to the point, right? Well.. the thing that hit me like the aforementioned ton of bricks was to try another browser. Since I have been playing quite a lot of a browser based game (yeh.. game, not games) I knew that Chrome had the best Flash support.

I tried running FoE on Chrome, and voila! Got my Paruuch province in the first try, and had no errors for 1.5 hours ^.^

So, the lesson we can learn from this is that if you are being overwhelmed by error messages, try another browser. Preferably Chrome - but to be honest, just a new browser, without all the crapware you install into it during every day use will probably solve most of those problems.

SF

DeletedUser

Yeah, I noticed I'm only having some minor 'not produced' errors, but that's about it.

In battles it sometimes glitches, but if you wait a while it settles down again (though you should be careful what you click)

DeletedUser

There have been multiple discussions about this error. If we all keep making new threads this forum will get very messy. Just respond in those threads, I know they might be about other provinces but the errors are the same so it doesn't matter which thread you post it in.
Still, post it in the bugtracker or add it in a similar bug report http://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/project.php?do=issuelist&projectid=1
So the devs can see it faster, that's what the bugtracker is for :)

DeletedUser

This is not exactly a bug report, I think SF is also aware that bugs should be posted in the tracker, but this is not a bug report as you seem to think. He is giving other players a hint on how they might be able to reduce the amount of trouble ;)

These bugs have been posted already in the bugtracker, so the devs are aware, it is also unnecessary to spam a bug thread in the tracker, only relevant information should go there, its not a place to have a chat.

From SF's post, nothing is 'really' relevant, except that it appears FoE is currently best compatible on google chrome.

DeletedUser

There have been multiple discussions about this error. If we all keep making new threads this forum will get very messy. Just respond in those threads, I know they might be about other provinces but the errors are the same so it doesn't matter which thread you post it in.
Still, post it in the bugtracker or add it in a similar bug report http://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/project.php?do=issuelist&projectid=1
So the devs can see it faster, that's what the bugtracker is for :)

Oh, I am aware. This thread is not exactly a factual report on anything specific, it's just me writing something for the fun of it :p

And anyway, the issues described in this post are not bugs, they are just a result of poor optimisation of the game.

DeletedUser

I use Chrome to play games, Mozilla Firefox for work-related tasks. Thus my Chrome is clean of add-ons, Firefox overburdened with them. I do, however, test with Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and I.E. Eventually I'll get around to re-installing Opera and testing with that as well.

DeletedUser

honestly, I believe the error is caused by your game getting out of sync with the server... a hour open and your game could be five minutes ahead of the server. You click your thing thinking it's done, bam! It's not. Game crashes.

Not sure, but that's my best guess.

DeletedUser27

honestly, I believe the error is caused by your game getting out of sync with the server... a hour open and your game could be five minutes ahead of the server. You click your thing thinking it's done, bam! It's not. Game crashes.

Not sure, but that's my best guess.

That's exactly the problem.

So, please, if you're experiencing any of those errors, please post your system specs (CPU, RAM, GFX Card, Operating System), the bandwidth of your Internet connection, your browser (version and Flash Player version) in the approriate Bug Tracker thread. This way we can get rid of these annoying desyncs a lot faster!

Do these bugs happen immediately after you logged into the game or was the game already running for 1+ hours?

DeletedUser

Wait till im back to Uni, thats going to be fun on my connection

DeletedUser

you want phone i tried running it on my laptop through my phones wifi :( terrible idea. but i have noticed less problems on chrome then firefox, and less on firefox then opera. but sammy has the right though t i think. especially with the trying i did with phone net.

DeletedUser247

I had to try three browsers just to get the game to load but eventually it worked. it wasn't a game error. This is a personal computer mess up.