• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Implemented Ample system for guild activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amdira

Baronet
Reason
Especially new players don't have the knowledge how to discern whether a guild is active at all and many are joining an inactive guild (many free joining guilds are dead) - for them it takes about a week or two until they realize that there is nobody active anymore. In worst case they are spending their rare goods to unlock GE without effort, as there is no active leader at all and they may quit or at least being frustrated. Also for more experienced players it would help to find a suitable guild.
Details
Light code beneath guild name according to activity
- more than 75% members active = green
- more than 30% members active = orange
- less than 30% members active = red

(percentage can discussed - just first suggestion)
Balance
I can't see any impact on other game features
Abuse Prevention
No
Summary
Having a first overview over guild activity might help not only new players, but also more experienced players to make decisions for finding a guild.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Couldn't find anything similar
Create a ample system for guild activity visible to all players

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.
Inno is making a change to the guild recommendation system really soon making it so new players should get matched up with active guilds from the start, so this will hopefully become a non-issue.

In reality though, any new player that wants to advance should be guild hopping at the start as much as possible. Not only does this give new players a lot of coins, blueprints, and likely even goods if done right, but it also allows someone who hops to see whether or not a guild they hop through is active or not.

Another way to almost certainly find an active guild is to pick a guild from the top 100 of the guild list drop down that has auto-join turned on.

Amdira

Baronet
Inno is making a change to the guild recommendation system really soon making it so new players should get matched up with active guilds from the start, so this will hopefully become a non-issue.

I'm not into insider knowledge what Inno is already planning - maybe I've overread it if it has been announced somewhere

In reality though, any new player that wants to advance should be guild hopping at the start as much as possible. Not only does this give new players a lot of coins, blueprints, and likely even goods if done right, but it also allows someone who hops to see whether or not a guild they hop through is active or not.

Another way to almost certainly find an active guild is to pick a guild from the top 100 of the guild list drop down that has auto-join turned on.

All those possibilites are for experienced players starting a new world. A new player doesn't know anything about guild hopping or even find the guild list. Most of them will just pick one out of the suggested ones in the bar and it will take some time until they find out whether they are active or not.

All those possibilites are for experienced players starting a new world. A new player doesn't know anything about guild hopping or even find the guild list.
Really? I had no problem figuring those things out in my first world. I know of others that did the same thing on their first world, no experience required.

Most of them will just pick one out of the suggested ones in the bar and it will take some time until they find out whether they are active or not.

True, many will, which is why I posted Inno is making a change to the guild recommendation system really soon making it so new players should get matched up with active guilds from the start, so that you would be aware that this should be a non-issue now.

I'm not into insider knowledge what Inno is already planning - maybe I've overread it if it has been announced somewhere
It was posted right here on this forum, no mystical insider knowledge needed:
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/changelog-for-version-1-209.14775/

Status
Not open for further replies.