• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Alternate Realities vs Settlements

• Thread starter DeletedUser9537
  • Start date

DeletedUser9537

If we are talking about new worlds to build and explore... Especially for those who may be too impatient to work through all the levels to get to future worlds...

I would say incorporate the idea of "Settlements" only call it "Alternate Realities"... The entrance would be a "Special" portal that anybody past, say, Iron Age could acquire. Have it be something that would take a bit of participation (it could be a "Segmented" item requiring pieces to assemble it) and insert them into Quests, Special Events, Etc... At a "FAIR" drop rate. It should not be a buyable item...

Make it like a Stargate, or a Blackhole, with a cool animation... Once it's built it would have to be "Charged", and it could be charged by anything in your inventory (extra stuff you have sitting around)... You would create mini quests that revolve around the existing timelines... But when used the person would be transported to any possible one. Maybe key the location to whatever items they use to charge the portal.

Quest rewards could be "Special" items that allow access to "Exclusive" Quests... Make them "segmented" as well (not an obscene number of pieces, just enough to maintain playable interest) and once one is made and used? That would be a "Super" Quest that could offer something unique and only available to those who finish that Quest.

Like a "Diamond Mine"... It would have to give enough diamonds to make it desirable, but not so many that obsessive-compulsive players would get them as soon as possible and destabilize the market :D Like maybe 1000 every 24 hours...

Remember that would NOT be an easy acquisition... You'd have to invest some real time in collecting segments to build the portal, and playing quests to collect the segments for "special" quests and segments from those to get the item... If done right it should take about six to eight months of daily nonstop playing or a year of normal play... For everyone... Old and new players alike... No special shortcuts...

DeletedUser9537

Challenges could be simple fun things like...

"Emperor Zing needs Power Rods to keep his Floating Palace from falling to the ground!"

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to quickly build a village where workers can live, then build factories to mine and refine "Gorbite" and then use that to build the Power Rods Emperor Zing needs to save his Floating Palace."

You get a time frame to complete the mission... Do it earlier and get better rewards... Rewards could be puzzle pieces or shards, collect enough to assemble the coordinate key to the next Challenge. You could use shards to build the "Ultimate" reward (Diamond Mine) of which you would need a lot, but it would incentive to completing challenges...