• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Allowing BG to work on Town Hall

Beta-OD

Squire
Notice I put this in the Discussions thread as I know suggesting updates to the GBs is not typically allowed.

So I'm not suggesting it but putting out a discussion on why it might be time to revisit it.

At the time BG came out, here weren't too many high producing FP event buildings where as the Townhall at 98-100 gives 12 FP, that was significantly higher, possibly even higher than the power creep the hoped for at the time. For those numbers people, 12 FP doubled is 24.

Now we have 5 FP emissaries so a maxed out town hall is 17 FP.

We are now at the point were 12 FP buildings are pretty normal (newest event gave 12, L2 terrace farms, some of the random produces are even higher). A 17 FP townhall is still way less than a decent train/Terracotta Vineyard/race track. I think the highest building to date is the maxed out Terracotta Vineyard is 120 FP before the BG double.

Assuming it isn't a technical/programming issue, does the community think it might be time for the Blue Galaxy to double all but troop production of the Townhall?

Please let me know why or why not? TIA!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'd say not - mostly for consistency reasons. Generally Great Buildings and Town Halls are excluded from boosts and whatnot. Apart from balance this kind of consistency lets people "get" the game better. Once you get it for one case you can extrapolate that to work with other cases. It would be especially bad if it was particularly patchwork in terms of "what affects that?"

I don't think there's a compelling enough reason to remove that ease of understanding with a "but not this time" exception for blue galaxy on town hall.

Incidentally that's probably the most disturbing part of their recent "but not here" exceptions when it comes to combat:
i.e.
- starting with Virgo Project: "but not on neighbors"
- and now with PvP Arena: "no Orangery, Kraken, or Virgo Project" - if they were going to exclude those, why not exclude all city bonuses in their entirety and turn it into something that was actually about using units and their matchups the way they were designed rather than have stats rule the field?

If Blue Galaxy would work on Town Hall, then next would be St Marks to double Town Hall's coin production?

If a future emissary would give supplies... would LOA and RAH act on supplies from Town Hall?

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
one interessting question to think about
does the townhall really produce the things it gives or is it only the place where you collect those things which are elsewhere produced

5 FP are produced from the emissaries
12 FP are given from the guild level

so a maxed out town hall is 17 FP.
the townhall doesn't even have any level
so how can it be maxed out ?

your guild level is maxed out
the maximum of FP emissaries is selected

but the townhall itself is still producing 0 FP

Beta-OD

Squire
does the townhall really produce the things it gives or is it only the place where you collect those things which are elsewhere produced

I would imagine it would work the same akin to chained buildings although, I understand programmatically, it might not be.

Beta-OD

Squire
If Blue Galaxy would work on Town Hall, then next would be St Marks to double Town Hall's coin production?

If a future emissary would give supplies... would LOA and RAH act on supplies from Town Hall?

There are supply emissaries I believe. My opinion is that yes, SMB/LoA/RAH/etc should work on the townhall (as well as wishing wells/FoY) but that could be seen as a different topic.

one interessting question to think about

1. The emissaries have offices at the Town Hall, it is at the Town Hall where you go to can see them, select which ones will be active, etc.
2. The guild must have offices there too. You can not collect the rewards from the build level by clicking on the Guild Button that leads to the Guild Level data, Treasury, and Guild Profile. Collections are from buildings at the city, in this case Town Hall.

the townhall doesn't even have any level
so how can it be maxed out ?
For the coin production the "level" of the Town Hall is the current City Era, the Town Hall shows city era, in text and by design image.
For the FP Production the level it comes from the guild level.

Last edited: