• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Implemented Allow cycling of troop buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.

hades8840

Squire
Reason
would allow more ease to have troop buildings replace lost troops and the mechanics to do it must already be here as you can do it with supply and goods buildings
Details
would work exactly same way it does for a supply building allowing you to click train then moving onto the next building in the chain
Balance
would not unbalance the game
Abuse Prevention
no
Summary
I think this would make selecting troops easier
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
someone else did who originally answered my question
I am newish to the game and I did ask why you couldn't cycle through troop buildings to renew a build like you can with supply buildings and goods its so much easier doing this then having to click each separate building

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

Emberguard

Emperor
Why? Because cycling through supply buildings was applied retroactively. Originally the game didn't have that

I agree cycling through unit buildings would be handy. If you put a poll up you have my yes vote

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
There is a big difference between having ten production buildings with 6 possible choices than barracks in a much smaller number with only one possible choice.
I prefer that the developers look at other more useful suggestions than just getting one or two clicks per week.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
Goods buildings feature this feature too and those also have only 4 options, in settlements only
3 and even they got it.

hades8840

Squire
There is a big difference between having ten production buildings with 6 possible choices than barracks in a much smaller number with only one possible choice.
I prefer that the developers look at other more useful suggestions than just getting one or two clicks per week.
I am happy that that you only need one or two clicks a week and maybe thoses who have big GB that cover troops this wouldnt help but someone like me it would save dozens of clicks per day let alone one to two per week

Many players train new troops much more than two times per week, with or without Alcatraz. Besides after developing the logic for supplies and goods buildings, even at settlements goods buildings, apply that for military barracks should not be a big issue to handle.

Let Developer Team supervisors manage their resources and assign priorities between major projects (next new Era, next events, new features, big game enhancements) and middle to low projects (bug fixes, little easy improvements, correct text / language errors in screens, others).

Resources can manage more than one project at a time, maybe assigned to one or two major ones, and have other middle or low easy projects to attend while tasks of the main priorities run and they need to wait for results before continue. I see this at all business environments I have work during all my life, Programmers, Business Analysts, Project Engineers, Project Managers, etc manage more than one project at the same time. I'm sure Inno Development Team can do multitasking, if not the team needs a remodeling/re-structure/re-engineering and pronto !

This is similar to a Maintenance Engineering Department receiving a Work Request to change a light bulb at an office. That is a low priority job vs the repair of a machine that is stopping a production line, or the installation of electrical lines to connect areas and equipment to a new central Uninterrupted Power Service (UPS) unit, or the annual preventive maintenance of the Main Electrical Generators. Are we expecting the requestor will never see an electrician coming to change the lighting at the office because they are busy with more important projects? No. Let all valid requests go through the system and let those in supervision do the planning and assign:
  • priorities,
  • resources, and
  • start/finish dates for all tasks.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
I'm sure Inno Development Team can do multitasking
Yeah. I'd expect that too. I've seen (other) game companies mention before that if they don't multi-task multiple projects there'd be members with nothing to do due to each member having specific skills that only apply to specific stages of the project.

A development team member expert in designing buildings can be assigned to:
  • develop the buildings for the next era,
  • design the new event buildings
  • and be assigned to modify the mechanics of the military barracks to allow the cycling requested here.
Each major task will have a priority level and specific deadline dates:
  • event should be ready for BETA at certain date and a Release date for live server is also set.
  • New Era must have planned dates also.
  • Minor priority tasks may be rescheduled more freely.

SlytherinAttack

Baronet
Baking Sudoku Master
Myself not sure, how this idea works for military building. Supply building expects one action from the user. But in the case of military building having two user action choice one is to "produce" and other is to "unlock". Currently users can unlock multiple slots in the same screen from the military building. Proposed idea works well for the option "produce" only. If this idea implemented, then users have to unlock One slot only because it will auto moved to other available building. It is overhead for sure.

Proposed idea not met all the requirements. Feeling sad to Voting No since somehow want this idea but not with the mentioned problem.

Myself not sure, how this idea works for military building.
Step 1: Player selects a military barrack and select an available slot for training new unit (and/or unlocks a new slot if available).
Step 2: After dealing with slots at the selected military barrack the Player closes the building.
Step 3: Game automatically displays the next military barrack that have a slot open to train a new unit., or has slots available for unlocking.
Player repeat actions at current barrack and closes the building, Game cycles to the next military barrack with pending slots or end the process if no more military barracks with pending actions are available.

SlytherinAttack

Baronet
Baking Sudoku Master
Step 1: Player selects a military barrack and select an available slot for training new unit (and/or unlocks a new slot if available).
Step 2: After dealing with slots at the selected military barrack the Player closes the building.
Step 3: Game automatically displays the next military barrack that have a slot open to train a new unit., or has slots available for unlocking.
Player repeat actions at current barrack and closes the building, Game cycles to the next military barrack with pending slots or end the process if no more military barracks with pending actions are available.
Yes that's what worries me. Why to remove the easy behavior of unlocking more slots from a single building at the same time. Auto move option is the problem here. Since per action, it will move to the other building.

Also from step 2, didn't understand on "players closes the building".

However, if wish to concentrate on one specific military building, to produce or unlock going to be much trouble with the auto move option.

If FOE team planning to give manual move option once opening the military building, myself very much glad to grab that approach.

Also from step 2, didn't understand on "players closes the building".
What Im thinking is that the Player click on the first military barrack and do all actions possible there (train new units, open new slots (if available)), then to click on the "x" button on the top left corner to close the building. Then the game automatically moves to the next military building.

SlytherinAttack

Baronet
Baking Sudoku Master
What Im thinking is that the Player click on the first military barrack and do all actions possible there (train new units, open new slots (if available)), then to click on the "x" button on the top left corner to close the building. Then the game automatically moves to the next military building.
If it is like that, it will be different trouble because if user wish to make change in one military building and done with the changes then game automatically asks the user to close for all the remaining military building to get close one after the another. It is a burden to close each time.

Last edited:

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
I'm legit and honestly surprised how quickly this went through. While the execution of the idea still needs a few tweaks I like the consistency. This is really an improvement on an existing feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.