• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Duplicate: 'Aid' priority mismatch: unexpected polish of stone age deco's

• Thread starter DeletedUser4256
  • Start date

DeletedUser4256

Summary of the issue: 'Aid' priority mismatch: unexpected polish of stone age deco's
Overview of the bug:
As is stated on changelog 1.40 announcement: "If there are no such buildings available to polish/motivate, the feature will randomly choose either polish or motivate action (50/50 chance) and apply it on a random building from the most recent age. If there is nothing to polish or motivate (depending on what was chosen), the Aid feature will go one age down (and further if needed) to find such a building. If there is no building at all that could be improved with the chosen action, the other one comes in and the feature starts seeking a suitable building from the most recent age."

..but I realized that stone age deco's (tree, obelisk) are polished before other most recent age buildings that have not yet been motivated

Steps to reproduce: build some obelisks, wait for some visits and check out the status of your city buildings
Reproduction rate: every time
Browser and Version: Firefox 26.0
Visual Reference if available:
I have performed a quick search of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: yes
Player name and server (language version) for rewards: magnus555, es5

DeletedUser2752

As is stated on changelog 1.40 announcement: "If there are no such buildings available to polish/motivate, the feature will randomly choose either polish or motivate action (50/50 chance) and apply it on a random building from the most recent age. If there is nothing to polish or motivate (depending on what was chosen), the Aid feature will go one age down (and further if needed) to find such a building. If there is no building at all that could be improved with the chosen action, the other one comes in and the feature starts seeking a suitable building from the most recent age."
It chooses whether to motivate or polish first, and only focuses on those types of buildings (going from the most recent age to the least recent).

Btw, I believe this is a duplicate of this report, but you can always let me know if it isn't: http://forum.beta.forgeofempires.co...ot-Aid-quot-button-does-not-work-as-described

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4256

It chooses whether to motivate or polish first, and only focuses on those types of buildings (going from the most recent age to the least recent).

Btw, I believe this is a duplicate of this report, but you can always let me know if it isn't: http://forum.beta.forgeofempires.co...ot-Aid-quot-button-does-not-work-as-described

yes, its the same case as Sunyata mentioned:

Summary: The specified logic behind what the "Aid" button will do does not appear to be being followed. There seems a heavy bias towards polishing, including down to stone age items (when higher buildings have been available for motivating/polishing.