• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Aid Button

DeletedUser

+1 from me for this feature.
A little time to tune it for optimal running and most will probably approve.
Lets give it a little time and see where it goes.

DeletedUser5935

There are no plans to add a 'wish-list' feature. It is still possible to visit a player and choose which action to do and which building to polish/motivate. The 'Aid' feature is an additional way to accomplish this for those that wish to do their 'visits' in this way.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to split the Aid button on the event history into two buttons Aid and Visit so you could decide how to respond right from the history page instead of having to search for whoever you were trying to visit

conqueror9

Regent
I would prefer
u can programme
the action u can do in "Aids"

e.g. confectionery, Hatter...
it auto find those building to take actions...

the current "Aid" , I cannot use it
my friends ask me to "Polish Big",
i feel painful guilty if i choose polish aid, it may go to polish his obelisk

DeletedUser1153

From the changelog announcement:

New Features:
Aid
You can now polish or motivate a random (almost) building in the city of another player by simply clicking a button below his portrait on the social bar. This will not require visiting the city. Attack button in the social bar has been moved to a small button and the Aid button is now in place of the previous Attack button:

Aid button automatically motivates or polishes a building of the respective player without visiting him.
How exactly does the order of aid work? It's very simple system:
Buildings like “Shrine of Knowledge” or “Tigers’ Den” that trigger an additional effect when motivated/polished (most recent age) are prioritized.
If there are no such buildings available or all of them are already polished/motivated, the feature will enhance a random building from the most recent age.
You will also find the Aid button in the Event history - if someone helped you, you can instantly return their kindness.
It is still possible to visit a player and choose which action to do and which building to polish/motivate. Which way will you choose? This is entirely up to you!

It gives the priority though my shrines are sitting unmotivated. Bugs to fix.

DeletedUser

If the players population is enthusiastic the aid button still motivates a building, whe not it is random. Dekorations should be excluded, because its pointless.

Yes, if a wish-list is too much requested, I'd vote for this. However, waiting untill population is below enthusiastic is not good as polish-dependant players will get very annoyed. I'd improve the algorithm in this way:

1. Special buildings that gives some sort of motivation-exclusive bonus.
2. If enthusiastic is running out within the nearest hour (59:59 minutes) then polish the currently aviable building that gives the most happiness.
3. Motivate coins or supplies randomly.

But still, some players want coins rather than supplies or the other way around, so the best solution would be a wish-list :)

EDIT: Or a combination of both. Let the algorithm do the first 2 steps and then have 1 setting in the player settings for alternative 3 (coins or supplies) :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4229

it's long time ago I was mopo-ed as much as today. All my coins an supplies were doubled, I have happiness in abundance.
If this button means everybody starts mopo-ing every day, I'm all for. Of course it could be bettered, but I like it. I can mopo 100% in all 5 worlds I play again.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
it's long time ago I was mopo-ed as much as today. All my coins an supplies were doubled, I have happiness in abundance.
If this button means everybody starts mopo-ing every day, I'm all for. Of course it could be bettered, but I like it. I can mopo 100% in all 5 worlds I play again.

What ojbojb said. :D

DeletedUser4446

It's a great feature, but it should REALLY ignore decorations. Nobody ever wants them polished.
Put them at the very bottom of the priority list, regardless of age, and we will be fine.
People with a bunch of residential buildings and kings from modern age will be very frustrated if they have a handful of post-modern decorations in their city.

DeletedUser

1. Special buildings that gives some sort of motivation-exclusive bonus.
2. If enthusiastic is running out within the nearest hour (59:59 minutes) then polish the currently aviable building that gives the most happiness.
3. Motivate coins or supplies randomly.

I have to say, this is much better than I requested, it's a little bit more complex, but it's more effective, and it is no big deal when this is working we can talk about wishlist, special types of buildings etc.
First of all, it should work the way everyone would be happy with, than we can work on details the programmer don't want to have in. And the improvement of my idea from falcon93 would make the AID button a perfect tool in the game, no one would be angry that someone polished his decoration, I've heard that some people become very angry when they see that their decoration have been polished and attack them for revenge. I've the AID button motivates coins or supplies in the end doesn't matter, most of my visitors always do what they want, but NEVER EVER polishing my decoration, NEVER, and now my stupid decoration have been polished. Secondly my cultural buildings are polished rarely. So I think, this few improvments are the minimum of what should be done. I really hope someone reading that today, and yeah it is 1 o'clock AM GMT and I'm living GMT+1 so you know what this mean, it's time togo to bed and hope the aid button get this improvement in 13 days and 12h.

ZENA

Marquis
this is EXCACLY THE MOTIVATE AND POLISH bot doing the only diffrence was u could say what age and what building need to be motivagte or polish. then why is players been band confuse.com

someone must have a "wake up call" in the devopement department as this is a good way to deal with the flash problem that forge of empire clearly fail to thier agrement not to have a third party. where as thy do have a third party that must run on our engins to be able to play the game now im realy confused

ok ranting over

BUT i do have a suggestion in the attacking button

the attack button icon can be GREEN if u done attacking and u can PLUNDER
or the attack button icon can be RED if u done attacking and u DONE plunder
OR
the GREY block under the # can be GREEN for plunder
or RED for DONE PLUNDER
or GREY for DONE PLUNER

PLUNDER.jpgPLUNDER.jpg

DeletedUser

this is EXCACLY THE MOTIVATE AND POLISH bot doing the only diffrence was u could say what age and what building need to be motivagte or polish. then why is players been band confuse.com
bots are illegal programs to get an advantage
so the ban is correct

when giving players that feature it is a legal part of the game for ALL players and not only for cheaters
so you don't have an advantage compared to other players who aren't using illegal programs

and btw: peoples who are using motivate bots sure are also using plunder bots :rolleyes:

Praeceptor

Marquis
+1 for the aid button for me - although a little tuning of the priorities would be good - it always seems to polish first.

Going by what has happened so far, my city is a great deal more productive than it has been in the past so it's clear that giving people a quick way to visit is much better than the old way with all its slowdowns and reboots.

If decs aren't excluded (I hope they are), I will just make sure that my decs are all from a previous age (I only have decs from events anyway, so this won't be a big problem. I will also cut down on the cultural buildings so I only need a couple polished to become enthusiastic. More room for other buildings!

Having a wish list would be quite a lot of work for the devs and I for one would prefer they spent their time on fixing bugs.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

The aid-button itself is a nice idea - however, the way it is implemented now, it's more of a burden than an aid.

It's nice that special buildings that give extra rewards when motivated are done first.
However, after that it's a bit awkward.

It appears that all happiness-structures are polished first, from the most recent era down, not taking into consideration that many players really don't need all their happiness structures polished, but only a few at most, and definitely NOT the decorations. You may argue then "don't build any decorations", but they're very helpful in corners where nothing else fits in, and some look just very nice, and yes, they do give that little bit extra happiness too.
Also, the algorythm doesn't seem to take into account that a happiness building of a previous age can give more extra happiness than a decoration of the current age - which means that blindly using the "aid"-button will not give the best results in that respect either.

Then, after all the happiness structures of the current age have received a polish, housing is next. Not bad, but I noticed that 15-minute houses have been motivated before 4-hour houses, and although they may yield a better production per hour, they do NOt per collection - I'd suggest that those houses should be motivated first which will be those that'd give the best yield at the next collection.

Thirdly, the same as with houses, goes for supply buildings. And then I don't even mention that some people (yes, me included) would be very happy when their supply buildings be motivated - and there's little chance that will happen ever now, if all the other stuff is boosted first.

Since the introduction of the aid-button, my supplies have gone without motivation - and that didn't happen before. On the other hand my flower-tubs are constantly shiny, and I don't need polishing at all. I really appreciate all the visits and the effort, but this is not helpful in any way, to be honest.

Tl;dr:
In itself a nice thought, this aid-button, but it really needs tweaking: please give us the option to choose in what order we'd like this to work (coin/supply/rest).

DeletedUser

+1 a great idea

a little question, when the player haven't items to polish or motivate, aid is lost or store?

DeletedUser1264

If decs aren't excluded (I hope they are), I will just make sure that my decs are all from a previous age (I only have decs from events anyway, so this won't be a big problem. I will also cut down on the cultural buildings so I only need a couple polished to become enthusiastic. More room for other buildings!

It polishes older decorations too, even when there are newer buildings available to motivate.

DeletedUser5229

Vote NO on aid button for random polishing

As a guild founder in a successful guild on A world, we spend a lot of time training members to follow PSC codes, and if a person doesn't read the Code in members cities to many times , the member is warned about their activity and if it continues, the member can be removed from the guild. From what I read, the AID button will encourage members with a quick and easy way to do things the wrong way in our guild. (Every guild I'm in (A<C<D<E worlds, operates in the same manner).
So a feature that encourages the wrong style of play for guildies, is a 100% fail. DO NOT PUT THIS FEATURE IN.
  • NO on adding the aid button in regular play, especially as it will cause a lot of players to get booted from guilds for their "actions", just to make things easy.
  • IF FoE puts in a select feature, then and only then will it be useful, other wise you are encouraging members to break the rules of most guild's charters and rules.
  • NO..........Don't put this "action" and most unuseful "aid" button into the regular game play.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Concerning aid button of course it needs improvments and I had already support 100% the idea of a "wish list".
But we should remeber that visits provide blueprints,so I guess players looking after specific age GBs blueprints will keep doing actions in the "traditional" way.
I would also like to suggest a small practical improvment.
The "attack" button is very close to "aid" button.
For avoiding mistakes on cliking the correct button I think a switch between the "message" & "attack" button is needed.

Last edited:

RedRed

Viceroy
+1 for the wish-list. If you don't want to introduce the wish-list or you plan to introduce it later,

please add an option to let the user to disable the aid actions in their city.

This should prevent issues to players that wants actions in an order different from that you have choosed for the aid button.

Last edited:

Andi47

Overlord
please add an option to let the user to disable the aid actions in their city.

Or at least PLEASE adjust the "aid" algorithm, so that deco (well, maybe exept scarecrow and big tree of love) only gets polished, when everything else is polivated.

Yesterday I had almost every deco polished, and still quite a number of buildings of the current age not motivated or polished.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4229

i have 140% happiness always, as many players have. but i'm reconsidering now.
if you don't want deco's mopo-ed, just remove deco's. it's pitty, cause they are nice, but they can't stand in the way of this great new feature. i haven't been mopo-ed as much in a long while - and i have a lot af deco's in my beta city.