• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Cannot Reproduce: Aid button timer not counting down during lag

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I opened a similar thread in the bug section of the german forum quite some time ago, but there was no reaction from the forum admins yet...

The timer for the aid-button stops counting down (client side) in periods when the game is waiting for server responses (especially after aiding - checking server if a BP was won - or tavern sitting - checking server if a place was available and if an extra was won)

Do you know how to reproduce the bug consistently?
This can be observed especially, when I aid all available players in short time and want to do the same on the next day again. If I start aiding as soon as the first aid button becomes available on the next day, I consistently run into the problem of having to wait for the next timer to run out (e.g. shows "1s" for more then 1 second). Also, if I wait a bit to get some more of the buttons available at the same time, I still quickly catch up with the aid timers of the other players. Reloading the game repeatedly during aiding to refresh the aid timers is a must, if I want to prevent a shift of the aiding time of several minutes a day. When checking the timer of the not yet aided players further down the line before and after a reload of the game during an aiding session, there often is a difference of more than 30 seconds.

It is possible to aid the players by visiting their towns although the aid button in the social bar is still running.

Contrary to that, the tavern timer seems to be always correct - usually the tavern button already shows that I can sit, while the timer of the aid button still counts down.

Reproducibility: 5/5

Game version: all current versions (beta and live)
HTML5/Flash: both

1.143.e1cd116e612 (19.12.2018 9:21), Beelzebob666 (169598), zz1, en_US, WEB 7,1,1,0, Windows 10, Chrome/71.0.3578.98, 1680x979, OpenGL Vendor=WebKit Version=WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium) Renderer=WebKit WebGL GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.0 Chromium) (512 MB VRAM)

Artubar

Baronet
.. one of the most annoying things in FoE -.-
Additionally, the timers slow down / stall when the browser tab doesn't have focus, and don't resync when focus is back.
I think this has been reported at least once if I remember right... and it's a pity that nobody seems to care.
Just reuse the timing code used for productions in the city, those timers are accurate to the second (and resync after switching tabs).

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
made a video now...

Additional notes:
- The reload at 3:50 was because the timers were not running out quick enough and I again ran against a wall.
- seeing it in video like this - all this flickering is quite annoying

Last edited: