• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: "Aid" button does not work as described

DeletedUser4496

DeletedUser1264

The bias seems to be toward polishing decorations.
Please note that this is based on observations of my own town after being "aided" by numerous players, not on the counters in any "mot/pol quests" that are also bugged.

DeletedUser4360

- In the event history does not tell you the remaining time to return to aid, always puts your aid button and when you give, you sum the 20 coins but when you realize that even you can not motivate and takes away the Coins, undoing the action.
- When someone is full, lets you give the button and win 20 coins, but really have not done anything in the city for this player. I experimented entering the city from a friend in which buttons mot / pol were gray because it was full, but instead if I could give aid to the button without problem.
- Another issue related to the second is when one is at the top of motivation, you get aid to the button, the action does not appear in the history of events like this player has performed the action, whereas the if he could do it and earn their 20 coins but in order to control who goes round not worth it, because the step is not reflected in the record.

DeletedUser5800

Lol, looks like this bug is being ignored :) and they wonder why these things end up being discussed on the live servers.

DeletedUser2752

I only knew about how this feature works less than 24 hours ago, and now that I do know, there is only one screenshot I can see and that could be skewed for all I know (as in town houses were just collected).

The only other source would be my own city, but that is filled with decos, so it doesn't help much. Regardless, after checking my event history, I see that I have 295 motivations and 205 polishes (175 were my PME sundials :rolleyes:, and my CE cultures were polished pretty much all the time), so it's working quite correctly for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5800

I think there has been a few who have reported that older decorations (stone age) are being polished before later era buildings are motivated. As this is beta and a new feature I would have thought that would be enough for this to be looked into as a high priority considering it is being fast tracked onto the main servers.

I would like to say I'm astonished that a forum moderator has been kept in the dark about how a new fast tracked feature is meant to work but going by the developers history in this area I'm not. Can't understand why anyone would bother being a moderator when such a poor amount of information is provided by the developers to help them perform the task.

DeletedUser2752

I think there has been a few who have reported that older decorations (stone age) are being polished before later era buildings are motivated.
As much as that is obviously frowned upon, that does not prove that the feature is not working as intended. If Stone Age decorations were polished before Bronze Age cultures, that would be considered a bug, but I would need stats of how many motivations to how many polishes in order to confirm that the feature is aiming to polish more frequently than motivate (and another pile of stats of how many same-age decorations were polished compared to how many same-age cultural buildings (with the amount of each of them) to prove that the feature leans towards decos.)

DeletedUser4254

As much as that is obviously frowned upon, that does not prove that the feature is not working as intended. If Stone Age decorations were polished before Bronze Age cultures, that would be considered a bug, but I would need stats of how many motivations to how many polishes in order to confirm that the feature is aiming to polish more frequently than motivate (and another pile of stats of how many same-age decorations were polished compared to how many same-age cultural buildings (with the amount of each of them) to prove that the feature leans towards decos.)

Actually in my case it was polished ahead of some EMA /Bronze age CB's and EMA scarecrow ... but that was a few days ago when i wrote on the forums about it ...not sure if its changed now or will be changed when it reaches the live server ... i did not notice it for the last couple of days bcoz anyways i will be seeing it on the live server tomorrow so y waste time checking how it works here anymore ... Also I dont think anything will be done even if i notice and report it on this forum anymore ...

DeletedUser4496

The only other source would be my own city, but that is filled with decos, so it doesn't help much. Regardless, after checking my event history, I see that I have 295 motivations and 205 polishes (175 were my PME sundials :rolleyes:, and my CE cultures were polished pretty much all the time), so it's working quite correctly for me.

If you've been away for a while then it's quite conceivable that your city was fully polished before any of the "aid" motivations occurred?
A more apt test would be for you to have late (-ish) buildings available for motivation and early age decorations available for polishing and then ask some friendly guildmates/friends to 'aid' you and see what happens then?

Of course, knowing my luck Inno will silently fix the order before you test it out and it'll all work swimmingly. I can echo the situation in vesgouo's screenshot above - but anything I post could have had some Photoshop magic on it ;)
Best evidence would be if you test manually and see the same effects we do.

DeletedUser2752

If you've been away for a while then it's quite conceivable that your city was fully polished before any of the "aid" motivations occurred?
I have been here all the time. I have 80 PME sundials plus another batch of lower age decorations and all of the sundials were never all polished as far as I ever saw (the most was about half of them). I did notice that my Modern-Era Drive-In Theater was polished a few times, but that could of been a manual polish for all I know.

As the thread states, I'm still investigating, any further information would be appreciated :)

DeletedUser4496

I have been here all the time. I have 80 PME sundials plus another batch of lower age decorations and all of the sundials were never all polished as far as I ever saw

Did you find your lower age decorations getting polished?
*Edit (Acknowledging that people could have manually done that as well)

DeletedUser2752

Did you find your lower age decorations getting polished?
*Edit (Acknowledging that people could have manually done that as well)
I have to go through that Event History again? :(

Zero. The Drive-In Theater was polished by the same two people, so that was most likely a manual. Also, the only other building that was ever polished other than the CE cultures (Old Graveyard and Floating Market), PME Sundials, and my ME Drive-In Theater was my winter market which was polished once.

I would also like to note that it looks like the almost the same Sundials are being polished all the time from the past few days I've been observing (tried to make a star with the motivated ones on Friday [http://imgur.com/Mokw24d] and I noticed that the others Sundials were rarely ever polished)

DeletedUser2752

Btw, I'm going to list the issues all the possible responses that follows this bug:
HUGE thumbs down to the aid button. Absolutely terrible as it stands today and I'm not hopeful any changes will be made to fix it. It should never be introduced to the non-beta world and should be dropped from beta immediately. Thanks to this wonderful feature all 9 of my non-tree or non-oblisk decos were polished today leaving my big supply and coin buildings unmotivated. My City name is MOTIVATE S/C. My profile status states: "Motivate Supply then coin. No polish needed. My people are always enthusiastic." Those who use this Aid button without it being fixed to allow prioritization and polish blocking either are unaware that they are being incredibly selfish or do not care. So much for helping others by M/Ping.
And regarding how it is supposed to work:
"If there are no such buildings available or all of them are already polished/motivated, the feature will enhance a random building from the most recent age."
NO it does NOT. It would seem age has little to do with the Aid Button. It polished my prior age decos, some of them completely hidden from view, leaving over a dozen present age supply and coin buildings unmotivated.

I totally agree with everyone who thinks this aid button shall do us no good. Timewise yes maybe, it takes me 10 minutes to motivate my guildmembers. But with this button decorations and polishing are preferred it seems. This is no way to motivate guildmembers and friends. The only thing i could think of is to frustrate my neighbours xd

So please take on the reprovements suggested before by aiding a choice menu or abolish this introduction. With so many people against it, you can not seriously hold on to this not so clever idea.

The only players who will like this button are lazy ones.

kumbaya it never hurts to help.

I dont need polish. It writed on my profile.

But with AID button:

i2CIRpM.jpg
+1
When I look at my event history, polishing deco seems to be by far the most likly action now when clicking the "aid" button....

Please ignore decos as long as there are other polivatable buildings available - or at least drastically reduce the likehood to polish deco!

so that might explain why my mobolith is the only decoration it avoids polishing - as it is an age lower than mu current city age (despite giving a lot more happiness than the current age decs.) (although my premium bronze age pillars do get polished)

DeletedUser4282

Hi all, it seems to me that polishing goes first using the aid button!!
I do not use any decos and all my Academies and Graveyard got the polish!!
Never ever did that happen before!! I've always run my cities (here and on live servers)
without the need to polish to keep my citizen happy!!
My conclusion therefore is that the devs done something to "improve" pol/mot,
but sort of didn't do a very good job of it! Hoping things will get better!!!;)

DeletedUser

Hi all, it seems to me that polishing goes first using the aid button!!
I do not use any decos and all my Academies and Graveyard got the polish!!
Never ever did that happen before!! I've always run my cities (here and on live servers)
without the need to polish to keep my citizen happy!!
My conclusion therefore is that the devs done something to "improve" pol/mot,
but sort of didn't do a very good job of it! Hoping things will get better!!!;)

I disagree,
A single Polish IS more critical than a single Motivate.
With that in mind, it makes perfect sense for polishes to be more important, and as such, a higher priority in any automatic mot/pol system.

DeletedUser5974

Why is the aid button polishing decorations, its a waste of polish. We don't want players to polish decorations. I had to sale all of my decorations due to the aid button. Inno should program the aid button preventing it from polishing decorations, or allowl players to enter the order of what they want P/M.

DeletedUser5974

I agree, thumbs down. What happens to players to don't want polishing. Now the aid button is coming to cigard which is my main server, I can see that this aid button will be a problem.

Andi47

Overlord
I just started to sell my current age decorations and build quite ancient ones to fill the gaps....

To my opinion (feature / change request, not actually a bug), the aid button should work like this:
1.) polivate special buildings (shrine, tiger, etc.; please don't omit the hall of fame)
2.) polivate houses/production/cultural of most recent age (randomly chosen whether to motivate or polish; go down until it finds a suitable building)
3.) polish deco only iff nothing else can be polivated
Note: most players don't want their decos to be polished - it's a waste of polishing for just a few points of happiness as long there are other buildings to polivate.