• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

AID ALL

hades8840

Squire
yeah all my live citys have it but here doesnt very odd

seen its a/b testing on live well I love it that is the first time ever that i have aided all my hood friends and guild on 7 worlds in less then ten minutes

Thunderdome

Emperor
It's basically a "meh" from me. Figured my way is much faster on mobile where I can visit the tavern at the same time aid someone. Again, I am hoping Inno would put in a setting to disable such as well since they will be nothing more than empty objects sitting on the screen. Then of course, I could get away with thievery if they allowed its current state to go to live release (not testing a or b or live testing a or b, just pure live) with the adblockers in place.

Free stuff for the browser user while the mobile user gets the shaft like always...

Fenix

Viceroy
In the version released in other markets there is an annoying error. After ordering everything to be helped, and collecting the loot, it is no longer possible to return to the normal list with the players. I wanted to visit the taverns and to have access to the list again I had to restart the game. PC, w10 FF updated.

What I would like to have and don't have, a simple start/stop button. The advance in aids is slow enough to allow me to count and stop the advance at 30, collet the recurring quest and select it again, and then go back and click the button to continue the aids.

Obviously an identical function for the taverns was also welcome.

Last edited:

Gindi4711

Steward
Today I got it on live server as well (German Qunrir).

Overall I think this is a good idea as long as it is optional, but I think it still needs a bit of tweaking:
.) When activating the button on the friends tab it should visit taverns as well. Otherwise it does not really save much time.
.) Why is there a counter counting all my friends afte the ad. This is extremely annoying because after my friends I want to view a second ad for my guild members.
.) If I dont want to view ads there should also be a diamond option for a reasonable cost. To be honest I would also pay a monthly fee of 2-3 euros for this, but not 50 euros like forge plus.

.) Hidden rewards and tavern ads should either give a bigger boost or scaled more with era. With 900% attack bonus I am not so impressed by additional 5% for one hour.

.) The quest ad gave me around 1.7 million supplies in Venus. I think this is OK as doing a recurring quest with similar reward also takes about that time.

Additional suggestions:
.) Have an ad (instead of diamond) option for the collect all button
.) Allow to watch an add for additional GE tries (maybe with a cooldown after 3 ads)

Thunderdome

Emperor
If I dont want to view ads there should also be a diamond option for a reasonable cost.
I would like to see that as well since I do buy diamonds if I don't have a diamond farm in my live worlds.

**off-screen as someone asks him on "why not a diamond farm?"**
Because I made too many friends and forged a lot of good things that I cannot just leave a world "un-manned"!
Additional suggestions:
.) Have an ad (instead of diamond) option for the collect all button
.) Allow to watch an add for additional GE tries (maybe with a cooldown after 3 ads)
For me, 5 diamonds for a daily collection of everything in my city is cheap enough. However, I did not say it should not be suggested.

The latter could be for those who wanted to watch the ads for attempts when they cannot spend the medals. I mean, who spends diamonds for extra attempts, anyways??

Thunderdome

Emperor
Here's the 1 Trillion Dollar question:

For anyone that has an adblocker app on their mobile device and are playing FoE on the mobile, are you getting ads while playing? Did the sprites remain unclaimed as a result of not receiving an ad? Or, are you able to freely collect on them?

Okay, that's three questions, but all are pointing to that one thing for curious inquiring minds.

I know on the browser system, there is no way to tell if ads were really present and they just got silenced (in a different layer), but I can collect the special incidents, aid-all (when I am afk mostly), and collect the special quest... free of charge.

Just wondering if Inno has created a fail in the process just like the FoE+ schtick.

.Chris

Baronet
What really bothers me is that you go to the "Activate Boost" tab by default if you visit your friends tavern.
I find that to be annoying, it should be MY choice if I want to watch an ad, not getting my nose stubbed into it everytime I just want to collect my tavern or activate a boost.
I probably would choose to watch an ad every once in a while, but if it stays like that I will most likely not do so out of sheer spite.

Thunderdome

Emperor
What really bothers me is that you go to the "Activate Boost" tab by default if you visit your friends tavern.
That in itself is a big red flag on the direction this was going. Had they put the interface where we can access our tavern to empty out/collect, I'd probably won't make a fuss about it. Hell, this would be the thing I was hoping they would have done with the tavern:

• Revert it back to where we can access the tavern table like before.
• Keep their "tavern boost" tab as it is. If people wanted the "extra boost", they can click on said tab and then click on the "activate" button to watch an ad first and then it will activate at the conclusion of such for the timed duration.
• Get rid of the "lute" lingering icon above the tavern. Debatable on keeping the one on the side bar as I hardly paid attention (as with the building not connected to road icon as I lay my military buildings for my 'traz to recruit from) to such so it's no biggie if they want to keep it there or not, but get rid of the icon on top of the tavern. The only thing that should go above the tavern is the number of people who are sitting within along with activated timers.

This is as "optional" as I can get it to be.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
So far their “non” compulsive add policy. It’s unfortunate but as soon their A/B test is completed I’ll avoid the tavern and quests relating to it like it’s a plague. Not gonna bother being forced to sacrifice my mobile data and letting my time be consumed by adds just to clear/use my tavern.

Gindi4711

Steward
You dont have to watch ads to collect your tavern. It just defaults to the ads tab so one more click.

But yes I agree that ad tab should not be default selected. It is not so much about that one click, but it gives the player the impression that ads will not be only optional.

There also seem to be a group of players that are very vocal against all forms of ads in general starting chain letters about it.

If it turns out that there is much negative feedback I suggest an option in settings menu to disable optional ads. This will give the players that want it an option to use the ads while others dont have to bother with it.

Thunderdome

Emperor
You dont have to watch ads to collect your tavern. It just defaults to the ads tab so one more click.
The problem with it is that it auto-activates the boost in the browser version when you click on the tavern. I don't know how it goes in the mobile version as I only go on it to just do the aiding and tavern visits (in the neighborhood, friend, and guild tabs) much quicker than I can do with the browser, and my tavern was cleared when I played it in the browser version (so no need to click on tavern for me until much later). Maybe, when I am up for it, I will try with my live city as I got it on there to see if it auto-activates (well, if it goes to an ad first) before clicking on the tavern tab.