• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

AID ALL

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
This is the reason why I either uninstall the app or buy the premium version that has no ads; the latter is if I deem the app to be worthy to be kept or used.

Damn, boys and girls, you got a mess indeed! Let me ask the ones who have this feature on their accounts, does it have a way to "abort" an aiding sequence or at least a quantity entry on where you can enter how many you want to aid (so you can complete multiple quests asking for such)? If not, then I guess you can only do up to 3 aid-all sequences to complete three quests within a 24 hour period or just go back to manually aiding to complete such within that time.
It has no such features to abort or enter a quantity. Just 3 buttons: One for aiding friends, one for aiding guild members and one for aiding neighbours.

Thunderdome

Emperor
It has no such features to abort or enter a quantity. Just 3 buttons: One for aiding friends, one for aiding guild members and one for aiding neighbours.
Just one more question, has anyone tried to refresh while the auto-aid is running to see what kind of behavior it will exhibit?

I would do it, but Inno didn't give me the feature... and it would be too late once it goes live for all if we didn't catch it here.

Amdira

Baronet
I just hope it won't go live before there are enough results for the behaviour with maybe hundreds or more different ad blockers. I don't like the idea to deal with this on live server in the first place. Still don't understand why they did an A/B test on beta for this one.

Lydia73

Merchant
Definitely there's a bug in Aid-all - it doesnt coun't correct for the quests.
I tried it today for all (Neighbours, Guilds, Friends) and during automatic aid the counter changes up-and-down, for a second the part of the quest was fullfilled, then again not. I succeed in document it with screen-shots.

So for today I am not able to fullfill my quest :mad:

Bildschirmfoto vom 2022-05-16 20-03-24.pngBildschirmfoto vom 2022-05-16 20-03-16.pngBildschirmfoto vom 2022-05-16 20-02-28.pngBildschirmfoto vom 2022-05-16 20-02-10.pngBildschirmfoto vom 2022-05-16 20-01-56.pngBildschirmfoto vom 2022-05-16 20-01-43.pngBildschirmfoto vom 2022-05-16 20-01-31.pngBildschirmfoto vom 2022-05-16 20-01-16.pngBildschirmfoto vom 2022-05-16 20-01-08.pngBildschirmfoto vom 2022-05-16 20-00-08.pngBildschirmfoto vom 2022-05-16 19-59-59.png

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
Definitely there's a bug in Aid-all - it doesnt coun't correct for the quests.
I tried it today for all (Neighbours, Guilds, Friends) and during automatic aid the counter changes up-and-down, for a second the part of the quest was fullfilled, then again not. I succeed in document it with screen-shots.

So for today I am not able to fullfill my quest :mad:
Not sure if this applies to you, however I've noticed that sometimes, depending on your connection, browser and security settings, you need to refresh after using the Aid All button to see the correct count. regardless of being on a PC or on mobile (though mobile seems to self-update more often).

This is a great feature, and it shows that Devs have been listening to at least some of the player feedback. Nothing is perfect, but this was a really good attempt to address a long-stranding request. I'm giving a big round of applause to the Devs.

Lydia73

Merchant
Not sure if this applies to you, however I've noticed that sometimes, depending on your connection, browser and security settings, you need to refresh after using the Aid All button to see the correct count. regardless of being on a PC or on mobile (though mobile seems to self-update more often).

This is a great feature, and it shows that Devs have been listening to at least some of the player feedback. Nothing is perfect, but this was a really good attempt to address a long-stranding request. I'm giving a big round of applause to the Devs.

Thanks - I did refresh my Browser and even today the quest Part ist still 26/30 - so it didn't work.

Beside that I really like that feature but they need to fix this. Although it was funny watching the bar "jumping around" kind of being confused from counting ;)

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Oh hell no, lol. Most of my purchases are less than $10.00 USD (averaging to about $5.00 USD at most) for apps to be kept. I wouldn't be caught dead paying 30-50 each month for just an app. It has to be THAT good for me to even consider.
That's kinda confrontation to me that FoE+ is either overvalued by the devs or or just overpriced or even both.

Thunderdome

Emperor
That's kinda confrontation to me that FoE+ is either overvalued by the devs or or just overpriced or even both.
Reminds me of that one commercial where all the banking people were in a meeting and suggesting what fees to charge customers with.

I know some will argue with me that it's "economics". However, I do not get on how charging someone much close to a utility (on a good month) payment per month is going to get people to buy. I must've not smoked the same stuff they did when they came up with this form of price gouging.

Moreover, if and when it gets reduced to a couple of bucks a month, there will be people who paid the higher price lining up in saying "it's not fair" and want to be compensated.

Just one more question, has anyone tried to refresh while the auto-aid is running to see what kind of behavior it will exhibit?

I would do it, but Inno didn't give me the feature... and it would be too late once it goes live for all if we didn't catch it here.
It kept aiding in the background even when the game wasn't running. I refreshed at 8 and when the screen loaded it was at 14 and continuing.

Thunderdome

Emperor
It kept aiding in the background even when the game wasn't running. I refreshed at 8 and when the screen loaded it was at 14 and continuing.
I wonder if Inno foresaw this one for any quests (that required mo/po) in play and the connection to the game is lost during an auto-aid. What I asked for was called an "oopsie" and your feedback has explained that it will kept going until its runtime is over and will not be interrupted (or so, in theory).

I've been getting those "could not connect to server" or "your session has expired" error messages. While I believe the latter would have something to do with neighborhood rotations (as I would get a notice when I reload the game), however, the former would have me to collect from my city again or re-aid (manually, of course) those (if I was doing that before the disconnect happened) that didn't register as complete.

Another thing we must take in account is that the internet connection from us to the game and back can and will drop at any time; probably during an outage, renewal of IP connection, or even Inno's servers going down. If it holds true where the aid-all will continue no matter what then it should be able to count towards any "active" quests that require aiding of other players and shall update once the player is back online to collect.

Anyway, thanks, mate.

I wonder if Inno foresaw this one for any quests (that required mo/po) in play and the connection to the game is lost during an auto-aid. What I asked for was called an "oopsie" and your feedback has explained that it will kept going until its runtime is over and will not be interrupted (or so, in theory).

I've been getting those "could not connect to server" or "your session has expired" error messages. While I believe the latter would have something to do with neighborhood rotations (as I would get a notice when I reload the game), however, the former would have me to collect from my city again or re-aid (manually, of course) those (if I was doing that before the disconnect happened) that didn't register as complete.

Another thing we must take in account is that the internet connection from us to the game and back can and will drop at any time; probably during an outage, renewal of IP connection, or even Inno's servers going down. If it holds true where the aid-all will continue no matter what then it should be able to count towards any "active" quests that require aiding of other players and shall update once the player is back online to collect.

Anyway, thanks, mate.
After my original post I also tried logging out entirely, to which it had continued still. Something on the server side? Maybe the mystery would be helped if it gave us a log of whom we aided, if you have tt/sv then that's already a kind of log which I've matched with the amount of available aids I could do. Not really sure whats up with the tasks not getting credit.

.Chris

Baronet

Anyway, thanks, mate.
I'm not an expert but I would think both messages have to do with things being done/changed server-side.
The former if you try to connect while the changes are made, the latter if changes happened server-side while you are connected to the game and the browser and server stats of your city get out of sync.

I might be completely wrong though ^^

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Reminds me of that one commercial where all the banking people were in a meeting and suggesting what fees to charge customers with.

I know some will argue with me that it's "economics". However, I do not get on how charging someone much close to a utility (on a good month) payment per month is going to get people to buy. I must've not smoked the same stuff they did when they came up with this form of price gouging.

Moreover, if and when it gets reduced to a couple of bucks a month, there will be people who paid the higher price lining up in saying "it's not fair" and want to be compensated.
Way they go. Though if they're gonna reduce the price they can easily compensate those who've payed "too much" before by providing the time they would've received FoE+ otherwise. For example they reduce it to $10, then giving them 28 days x 2 = 56 days additional as that's what that additional $20 would've given them.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
There is no secret that Inno wins more players must want to win more.
But to achieve this objective, you have to retain occasional players who have been attracted by TV or internet ads.
Clicking a help button 150 times a day does not contribute to staying in the game longer, as do the multitudes of clicks requested in several places in the game.
Spending 5 diamonds to harvest everything was not done in order to reduce clicks but not to shift the harvest time too much.
I sincerely think that if Inno thought from now on of removing useless clicks, all players would spend more time on other aspects of the game which would not only help them to develop their city even better but would also make them more addicted to using their credit card.
If, for example, changing wounded troops in fights were faster or easier, players who only do 10 fights would do more and go into a downward spiral. This would not change the capacity in number of fights for those who already do several hundred a day, while freeing them up more time to establish strategies and relationships with other players, whether within their guild or with exteriors.
Inno didn't understand that players are present in their real life and that any time wasted clicking won't be used in other parts of the game, which in the end is totally opposite to what the designers would like.

Thunderdome

Emperor
If and when this comes to me, I will do a head to head test to see which is faster: my manual tapping in the app (as I start from the end of the list towards the beginning; right to left for those trying to understand) or the self-proclaimed "aid-all" feature. Hoping they will sort the bells and whistles out (as I still won't drop the ad-blocker). Heck, I might try it on a DMZ based system (non ad-blocker type) just to see. Don't worry, I won't include the run-time of the ad in my benchmark testing... and both tests will be at the equal amount (or closer thereof) of people aided (80 vs 80).