• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

AID ALL

.Chris

Baronet
We do not know exactly what they are A/B testing (ad length, # of ads, ...) - which would be interesting to know for the sake of transparency btw ;)

-Alin-

Emperor
Made a comparison between both platforms.

Also, for me the AID all seems to take random the players, not in their ranking order all the time, so for TT isnt that great.

Screenshot_2022-05-06-11-25-26-1528760377.jpg

Last edited:

Amdira

Baronet
I don't see any reason for A/B testing on a beta server except the fact, that Inno doesn't have to give free diamonds, which might be requested if it was for all :)

-Alin-

Emperor
I don't see any reason for A/B testing on a beta server except the fact, that Inno doesn't have to give free diamonds, which might be requested if it was for all :)

Also A/B is making things going slower, it takes months for a thing to came available for all players on all servers.
Juber explained well in his post regarding such testings, but this time I don't think it was really needed, especially for beta, as You said.

ArianX

Merchant
I'm one of the players that have been asking for this feature for a long time, dont care if it takes a minute to aid friends or guild, not doing all the clicking is more than enough for me.
Cannot thank enough Inno for finally including this. Trully hope it goes live soon.

JosefD

Merchant
I just found that when you have to motivate or polish for a quest in the event doing so by using the Aid All button doesn't work. You have to aid manually for the quests.

Finkadel

Marquis
Aid all for watching ad? I'm all in! Good job, Inno! (no sarcasm included this time). I can put away phone and when the ad is over I get it done, genious! Thank you! The reason I quit aiding is because it literally puts me in coma - click, click, click... Over with that, I am so grateful!

I hadn't noticed any separate feedback theme for ads per se - correct me if I am being blonde by nature and habit, please, because I have few remarks in that departament.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I too have ad blocking software and extensions installed (you can tell I am not a fan of such).

But here's my thing about them... why put something like an ad in something that has been working well for a very long time? They did that with Youtube (got an ad blocker extension active that I just watch videos without the interruptions; need that for the TV and PS4); they did that with Facebook (I usually skip the video to the next when that happens); and they did that with majority of the (video ads; the banner ads are of the way of the dodo - extinct) sites I visit to read upon that takes up memory that sometimes I have to close the browser and restart it because it locked up.

That's my prejudice on that.

Now, I don't have this aid-all feature along with the other stuff that was displayed on @-NinjAlin-'s post. If they (Inno) didn't have to make this tie in with ads (or some gimmick out there), this would have been a real improvement; a real step in the right direction. I might even overlook the 1k FP bar fill up in that overpriced package they got going there because of this. However, as the saying goes, "one step forward, two steps backwards" is how I am looking at this right now.

My suggestion to Inno: just keep your stupid ads out of the game and put them into some place because those bouncy icons do take up memory and resources, and in a big city as mine, 100+ icon'd items waiting to be collected at the same time does take a toll on things, including lag.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
For example, I know a game where there is a link to a site for viewing advertisements.
This link is not mandatory but allows you to watch, in your spare time, some advertisements generating virtual currency for this game only (a bit like diamonds on FOE) that you can then use in the game as you wish. .
There is a limit of winnings per day and it does not block or slow down all the actions of the game by conferring very appreciable bonuses.

I just find it unfortunate that this principle of free viewing of paid advertisements (for the player) does not attract more followers in free games.
Because if I have 30 minutes in front of me, without anything important on the game, I can store coins and if I only have 2 minutes available to play, I am not blocked by an advertisement or by lack of cash.

-Alin-

Emperor
For example, I know a game where there is a link to a site for viewing advertisements.
This link is not mandatory but allows you to watch, in your spare time, some advertisements generating virtual currency for this game only (a bit like diamonds on FOE) that you can then use in the game as you wish. .
There is a limit of winnings per day and it does not block or slow down all the actions of the game by conferring very appreciable bonuses.

I just find it unfortunate that this principle of free viewing of paid advertisements (for the player) does not attract more followers in free games.
Because if I have 30 minutes in front of me, without anything important on the game, I can store coins and if I only have 2 minutes available to play, I am not blocked by an advertisement or by lack of cash.

Thunderdome

Emperor
This link is not mandatory but allows you to watch, in your spare time, some advertisements generating virtual currency for this game only (a bit like diamonds on FOE) that you can then use in the game as you wish
I know of a developer and three games that had that very same setup you mentioned. It was away from the main game and people can either do surveys (some are good and some are endless loops), watch videos (I just leave it on auto as I step out), and sign up for stuff to earn that kind of premium currency. I think they had used Peanut Labs as their place for such but it was a long time ago and I got out of that scene since most of the stuff on there was junk and I wasn't getting the premium stuff.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
Just tried the Aid All function for my Friends on my new laptop.... i can aid all friends faster manually.... What a joke....

Don't think the goal is to make polivating faster. If I got it right, now it's a single click (or rather 3 click for neighbourhood/guild/friends), not 200+ (depending on the size of your guild/friends...). I often polivate before going to bed, now it won't take minutes to get it down but seconds. Win for "me", win for the server.

I guess it would be cool if it was faster too, but...wouldn't say it's important. For the few times you need it fast (for quests), you can still manually do it if you really want the quest to be done fast.