• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion AI Core

Should AI Core provide boost for space colonies?

• Yes

• No

• Idk

Results are only viewable after voting.

Beta567

Baronet
I presume it's been discussed somewhere a while ago but anyways... Why AI Core gives goods boost for Arctic Harbor and Oceanic Terminal but doesn't provide any when harvest from the continental map? It doesn't make any sense to me. If you implement a GB with a specific bonus regarding special goods why don't you make it for any age starting AF?
I understand it gives bonus for synchronizers but it stinks... don't you think? It makes it half useless after you finishing OF.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
your post doesn't make sense

space colony = regular era goods produced outside the city. that is not what AI cores boost
AI = boost for special goods. so it should boost when you get special goods from the map

:rolleyes:

ArklurBeta

Baronet
Why AI Core gives goods boost for Arctic Harbor and Oceanic Terminal but doesn't provide any for space colonies?
It also boosts production of the synthesizers (buildings that produces previous age special goods). It was told that for balancing reasons it won't boost current era special goods production.

Speaking as an "end-game player": AIC is good enough, no need for buffs. It's good for casual players, good for players who want to provide goods for the guild, it can be also helpful getting out of OF/AF, even producing special goods if you rush through the space ages.

Beta567

Baronet
If the vote were for harvesting the special goods from the map you'd have my vote, but as CrashBoom says it wouldn't make sense for AI to be added to the Space Colony where normal goods are harvested if we're trying to keep it in line with what it already does
I'm sorry I need to rephrase that question probably. That is what I meant. I meant special goods which we harvest from the map in Space ages. I didn't mean regular goods.
I can't change the question now...

ArklurBeta

Baronet
the same balancing reasons why the space carrier in OF only gives Orichalcum in 1/6 and not 50% ?

source in german

Don't know, not a dev, just told what I was told, though I somewhat understand they don't want end-game players to unlock techs 2x faster (...for free).
+1: I didn't know SC works like that "now"...that's messed up. It should really give special goods based on how far you are in the spaces ages, not like how it works now...but don't want to hijack the AIC thread to talk about SC.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Without sounding negative, I don't understand this subject.
Either the person concerned has installed a GB without thinking about the consequences and now wishes that the GB evolves for his use.
Either the person concerned has not grasped that GBs are not eternal and that some can only be useful for a period of time.
Those who installed the oracle, via the tutorial, had no qualms about deleting it afterwards. Why should AI be any different?

zookeepers

Marquis
I think AI Core should effect collection from map, and it wouldn't change stuff too much because if you try to keep your space colony fully life supported, boosting special goods production will not make your goods production any faster.

The space colony thing is really boring, because it have a correct answer, I mean when you max your production with full life support, you use up all your special goods production almost. There is no choice to produce more with higher cost (w/o full support). I feel there should be a method to increase special goods production, because by that there would be choices.

Whether the boost percentage AI core gives is appropriate or not, I don't know.

Beta567

Baronet
boosting special goods production will not make your goods production any faster.
Exactly! It doesn't matter and it won't disbalance. Number of regular goods which can be obtained from a colony will always be the same.(80-120 per goods building)
Without sounding negative, I don't understand this subject.
Either the person concerned has installed a GB without thinking about the consequences and now wishes that the GB evolves for his use.
Either the person concerned has not grasped that GBs are not eternal and that some can only be useful for a period of time.
Those who installed the oracle, via the tutorial, had no qualms about deleting it afterwards. Why should AI be any different?
Let me explain one more time. AI Core gives boost for special goods in AF (Arctic Harbor), it gives boost in OF (Oceanic Terminal) why doesn't it provide boost in SAM or SAAB when collecting from the continental map? What's the logic?

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Let me explain one more time. AI Corehasn't changed in almost a year since it was set up.
Why start asking questions after all this time?
Why not accept that a GB can only be useful on certain ages?
Why always ask for more?

Does everything have to be logical?
If so, AI Core should not be a priority, there are so many things that seem more illogical to me and that penalize players who have no choice but to do otherwise.

Emberguard

Emperor
Why start asking questions after all this time?
Why not?

If nothing is ever brought up, then nothing ever changes. Yes it’s been a while. That’s not a reason to not discuss. None of us has to agree on the upgrade being needed, that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be discussed anyway

zookeepers

Marquis
Actually, this thing is a matter of feeling, I think. The special goods production in the campaign map looks like a "production" where you have to fight or nego in order to receive goods.

If it looked like a reward for fight or nego, I mean exact number of prize is not shown before fighting and you get a popup after victory, then I might think it is natural that AI core do not boost it, just because it is not a production.