• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler Ads in FoE??????

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
boost_icon_foe_cam.png
boost_icon_foe_mus.png
boost_slot_bg_foe_cam.png
Buffbar
allage_foe_cam_helenka_large.png

Cam(era) - Helenka (formerly Ads - Helenka)
allage_foe_mus_mirela_large.png

Mus(ik) - Mirela (formerly NoAds - Mirela)

I really hope this is not an Opt-Out feature - as in:
- you always have ads
- unless you deactivate Ads (for some time) by watching an ad video or have foe+

Last edited:

Ahri

Farmer
oh boi, i hope this doesn't turn into goodgame empire where you have ads and a in-game purchase will remove the ads for something like 6 months.
just imagine there's a race in gbg or gvg and you get bombed with a ad after refresh.

AdBlock ;)

-Alin-

Emperor
I'm 100% sure on brave and Opera GX their ads will not work, and I Will Not turn them(browser adblocks) off.
Also, I'll never expect Something worth for watching ads, check their previous failure from 2017 I believe, show hall?
And IF on phone their ads will be intrusive(almost android game) many will quit, including me.
This was one of the reasons (including my friends i've made here), this game was ad free, which kept me playing ...

I do hope all of them will be optional, not intrusive, like bob said.

Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I am still wondering about the two questgivers...
maybe:
- you select in the options I want adds/no ads
- if ads are selected you (daily/hourly???) get a quest from Helenka to watch an Ad - with some reward
- if ads are deactivated, you get a quest instead from Mirela to do one or more of the usual tasks and get your reward when done

rewards might be a bonus or a set of bonuses with some duration (therefore the BuffBar integration)

-Alin-

Emperor
I am still wondering about the two questgivers...
maybe:
- you select in the options I want adds/no ads
- if ads are selected you (daily/hourly???) get a quest from Helenka to watch an Ad - with some reward
- if ads are deactivated, you get a quest instead from Mirela to do one or more of the usual tasks and get your reward when done

rewards might be a bonus or a set of bonuses with some duration (therefore the BuffBar integration)

I think it's just the foe plus thingy here
You want that quest, You Watch the AD, If You have the foe subscription You have that quest without ad unlocked.
You have adblocker and You don't have the foe subscription, You just look at the sun.

FalkeNr1

Farmer
Oh no... I see the next community rage incoming... This spoiler will properly spread across the community very fast again and in two weeks it will feel like every second player is shouting: "FoE will introduce ads!!! I will quit this s** s**** m***** f** game!!!"

I wouldn't read anything into it yet... These are quest givers and boosts. Could also just be any kind of special questline or event with a Hollywood theme or perhaps an overworked relaunch of the Cinema. But that would surprise me because it seemed as the first try has driven powerfully against the wall.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Following discussions in this thread, and speculation regarding Ads, we would like to address some concerns raised.

Within the near future, we will test the implementation of video ads. As such, we will implement a test that does not impede user experience. That means we want to have video ads that are not disruptive to the flow of gameplay or that are detrimental to the player. Rather, they will be implemented to provide players with additional options to win rewards and are supplemental to the core Forge experience.

We have only just begun to implement video ads into the game, and we will begin a comprehensive test only after implementation.

I hope that clarifies this further and addresses some concerns raised.

Thanks for addressing concerns Juber. To not impede user experience, be disruptive to the flow of gameplay or be detrimental to the player, the add video should not prompt unexpectedly interrupting the Player current actions or thinking forcing him/her to click a play button to watch or a close button to skip it.

A mechanic like incidents would be good, something visual in the screen to alert the Player that an add video is available. Player choose when to select to see the add. Or if with Quest givers add is not shown until Player decide to run that quest. No big arrows like those pointing to the start of an event signaling the Add Questgiver.

Last edited:

Adthen

Merchant
Watch Ads for free stuff or additional quests?
Count me in.

As long as the rewards are better than last time they tried to implement this...
Most likely watch ads for diamonds or stuff like that. When I was playing WARTUNE, to get diamonds you either complete certain quests in other games or watch ads. One of the quests is to pass a certain stage in FOE. After that I got hooked on FOE and left WARTUNE

I would be ok with them as long as they are set to not be during a battle or something like that. Maybe like a special incident that shows its and ad. I think that would be find during regular time in the cities. We have to realize as players that the game need to be paid for in many ways. The owner of that add paying keeps us playing.

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
I would be ok with them as long as they are set to not be during a battle or something like that. Maybe like a special incident that shows its and ad. I think that would be find during regular time in the cities. We have to realize as players that the game need to be paid for in many ways. The owner of that add paying keeps us playing.
But this is a strategy game which means during regular time in the city you might be planning your next rebuild and you as a player would be disturbed in the middle of an important thought process. That's why the ads could just not pop up unexpectedly.