• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest Adopt an Inactive City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
To reactivate cities that have been abandoned by a player that has been removed / deleted from the game/world.
Details
Players are sometime called "Kings/Queens" of their cities. What happens to a kingdom when the king/queen die in RL? The King/Queen gets replaced, by a heir (or other person who takes the throne) and the kingdom continues under the new ruler / management . Now in FOE when a player abandon the game or is removed / deleted by Inno (for whatever reasons) The city is abandoned, stays inactive, disappears.

Proposed: Provide a choice to a new player that comes to the World/Server to:
1. Start the game from the starting point (current only option). Or
2. Adopt and continue an inactive city that is not longer under the control of the previous player who build/developed it.

If option 2 is selected the Player will
* start the world with the previously inactive city in its current state.
* have available the coins, supplies, medals, goods, and tavern silver that were available at the time that the city became inactive.
* not receive the diamonds that the previous city owner had at the time that the city became inactive.
Balance
The idea gives a Player the option to start at a city at point further in the game. Limit this option to Players that have already a city in the same server, That is, the first city ion the server must start from the beginning (Stone Age), only at a second or additional city the player would have the chose to receive an inactive city to continue (if there are available inactive cities to offer by the game).
Abuse Prevention
Players can only have 1 city per world. Available inactive cities would be selected by the game and offered to the Player to choose, or choose to start at Stone age as normal.,
Summary
New option for Players that have already a city in the server, to start a second or additional city, in a new world in a point futher in the timeline.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes, nothing similar found.
Provide a way to reactivate an inactive city but under "new management".

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I haven't voted yet, but it would be a strong "no" because that will open up a violation of the terms of service that Inno has (as if they follow their own, though) as people will try and sell (for real money or other means) their cities/accounts to others as I had seen in other games.

Also, unfair advantage.

CrashBoom

Legend
because you would need that the old owner allowed it
but if the old owner wants to give it to another person he can already do that with contacting the support

GAME RULES
5) Transfer of accounts and Diamonds
An account can be transferred for free to another person. A prior express approval from the Support
team must be given.

and because this game is to played over years
and not to take shortcuts

I play since 8 years
and still a few people playing less than 2 years accomplished the same

and no I am not lazy. but because the game speeds ups itself
in the first year it was only 24 FP a day. no building giving additional FP
so the FP I made in my first year can now be made in one day if somebody uses his high Arc

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

I haven't voted yet, but it would be a strong "no" because that will open up a violation of the terms of service that Inno has (as if they follow their own, though) as people will try and sell (for real money or other means) their cities/accounts to others as I had seen in other games.

Also, unfair advantage.

Violation of terms? How? After the player is deleted from a world, the terms of service between Inno and the player (at least for that particular world/city) are over. Right now, the previous owner is allowed to start a new city in the world, not to resume management of the now inactive city. The player is not longer the "city owner", the previous city now belongs to Inno. Any service terms are now related to the new city, not the previous / now inactive city in that world.

Sell the account / city for real money?
Change wont support or change the selling accounts issue. Inactive cities to be offered to a new player on the world (who has already a city in same world started from Stone Age), would be randomly selected by the game, Previous owner would not have any influence to whom or when his/her previous city would be transferred in the future, after he is declared "deleted" by Inno. Diamonds in the account will not be transferred to the new owner, just the other city resources like coins, supplies, goods, medals, and tavern silver. Diamonds to remain in the previous owner account to be used in those worlds he/she is still active (if any).

Unfair advantage to other players in the world?
Option would be available to all players who start a second (or 3rd, or additional) city at the server, and only if inactive cities are available (an additional incentive to players to start a 2nd or additional city, to play more time at FOE).
I suppose new players know hat the world has already cities built, and at eras above the starting point, depending on world time on live cities may have reach higher eras like SAM or SAAB. What they would be facing, if this is implemented, is more competitive worlds with less percentage of inactive cities than we are facing now.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

because you would need that the old owner allowed it, but if the old owner wants to give it to another person he can already do that with contacting the support

No issue with Rule #5. The previous owner can request to Support the transfer of the account, for free, to another person, at any time, however that only applies to the cities/worlds in the account that are still ACTIVE. After the player is declared "deleted" in a given world, that particular city is not longer on the players account. The game currently will show that world as one where the player can start a new city. The player currently has no control or rights over the inactive city. Why ask him/her for permission / allowance to assign a new "city owner" to the inactive city that is not longer part of his/her account?

and because this game is to played over years and not to take shortcuts

I play since 8 years and still a few people playing less than 2 years accomplished the same and no I am not lazy. but because the game speeds ups itself
in the first year it was only 24 FP a day. no building giving additional FP so the FP I made in my first year can now be made in one day if somebody uses his high Arc

I have played for long years too, if remembering correctly joined between the 1st Summer & 1st Halloween Events (still have my Necropolis stored at Inventory leveled up year after year since the first Graveyard of that 1st Halloween Event). So, the "FP inflation" from events buildings has provided a way to speed up the for newer players, the removal of GB Level 10 limit also allowed more speed (CDM and HS providing more FPs per day), introduction of Alcatraz was another game changer before the arrival of Arc. I remember asking long time ago if Alcatraz had any limit of total unattached units it can hold, so far it is limitless (or limit has not been published or reached yet).

The player would still experience the game as a whole, from Stone Age/Tutorial, in his 1st city at each world./server. (Who needs Ragu Silvertone to explain him/her again how to build a house, get supplies from a Hunter, or to conquer a sector/province at a second city? at a 5th or 14th city). The change only applies to a 2nd or additional cities at other worlds at the same server.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
After the player is declared "deleted" in a given world, that particular city is not longer on the players account.
are you kidding ?

deleting means deleting the city.

so after a player declares he wants his city be deleted the city must be deleted

so that particular city doesn't exist anymore

The player currently has no control or rights over the inactive city.
what inactive city ?

still kidding

the city is deleted. there doesn't exist an inactive city

Last edited by a moderator:

CrashBoom

Legend
IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GIVE A DELETED CITY TO SOMEONE ELSE

it is deleted.

I saw people asking if the support can give them back their deleted city
they couldn't

why couldn't they give back the city ?
because it is inactive like you think?
no because it is be deleted

CrashBoom

Legend
and not deleting cities but giving them to other players would be against point 10 and is for that reason illegal

10) Account deletion
Game accounts may be deleted after 30 days of inactivity.

DELETED
be DELETED

not city made inactive without city owner and then given to somebody else

and if a player ask for deleting then they ask for DELETING not for them still exist as inactive ownerless

so the only way to ever give a city to somebody else is after the owner requests it according to point 5

but they can create random cities with GB to give them to players which don't want to start from 0

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
This would fall under the Do Not Suggest list: Ideas to make yourself richer or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and have a element of strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.