• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Additional Sorting Options for Inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.

OQay

Farmer
Proposal:
Provide a sort function in the inventory that would allow users to access their items in different order.

For example: the buildings tab could be sortable by fp production, event building, era, military boost, population, type, etc.

Reason:
I’ve got a lot of buildings, and I get confused trying to sort through them all individually. Since this idea was in the archive, it looks as if I’m not alone in my state of confusion.

Details:
this could work as “column sort” function under the individual tabs, or as a separate sort menu for the entire inventory.

Balance:
?? not sure what this means…

Abuse Prevention:
N/A

Summary:
A sort function in the inventory would be a useful timesaver for all players, as well as being an instructional assistance for newbies who may not understand what they have in their stores.

My current Inventory has 21 pages. Needless to say it takes a bit to search through for the item I want. And sometimes I find that I have things I have forgotten about but could use.

To simplify finding those items it would be nice to have these additional sort choices:

1: Show Residential Buildings ONLY
2: Show Production Buildings ONLY
3: Show Cultural Buildings ONLY
4: Show Decorations ONLY
5: Show Diamond Buildings ONLY
6: Show Special/Event Buildings ONLY
7: Show Set Buildings ONLY

Also it might be nice to have a sort to show buildings by Age or show Upgradable buildings.

MOD EDIT: Updated to a formatted version by Vicbeta

Last edited by a moderator:
This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser8859

I would suggest a tab for Special Items separated from buildings. I mean: FPs packages, Boost crates / bottles, Motivation Kits, One Up Kits, Renovation Kits, Hour glasses, Store Buildings kits, etc.

Special buildings could be with the Regular ones, with the filters proposed by redred (age, type, special/regular).

Upgrade Kits for buildings should be at the same tab where the applicable buildings they can upgrade are located. Specially the new ones for Cherry Garden that can be used to get a Level 1 Building or to Upgrade a current Level 1 to Level 2. These Upgrade Kits (special) would be affected by the special/regular filter.

OQay

Farmer
One more change that would be huge:

When you open your inventory, it should open to a "Most recently used" page (or the last item used should appear on the first page). When I want to use several Motivation Kits, every time I have to reopen the Inventory and page over to the Motivation Kit page to select it. Or if I have an "Increase Happiness by..." quest, I want to place several Gate of the Sun Gods. It would be nice if they were on Page 1 when I reopen the inventory.

DeletedUser

I would like to have that if I build one building I can continue building it as often as I have it without going back to the inventory

currently I select something. place it
and then I must go back to the inventory and search it again

(also applies to motivation kits)

vicbeta

Farmer
i'd like this idea to come out of the archive for consideration...
was it rejected? or dropped for lack of interest?
i get easily confused looking through my buildings in my inventory. it would be really helpful if i could sort them by age/production/set/level/type etc.
for instance, i'd like to sort my building inventory by goods production, or by attack boost, instead of having to look at all the buildings individually to see what they offer.

Sl8yer

Regent
was it rejected? or dropped for lack of interest?
i get easily confused looking through my buildings in my inventory. it would be really helpful if i could sort them by age/production/set/level/type etc.
for instance, i'd like to sort my building inventory by goods production, or by attack boost, instead of having to look at all the buildings individually to see what they offer.

Propose it as a new idea.

Pafton

Viceroy
was it rejected? or dropped for lack of interest?...
It was neither of those. The idea was posted at a time when the ideas forum didn't exist. When the forum was created, all old idea threads, which obviously existed before there was a mandatory formatting requirement, were moved to the archives.

Since we now don't consider any unformatted ideas, you will need to republish this suggestion accordingly or post a formatted version here.

vicbeta

Farmer
hope this counts as a formatted suggestion...

Proposal:
Provide a sort function in the inventory that would allow users to access their items in different order.

For example: the buildings tab could be sortable by fp production, event building, era, military boost, population, type, etc.

Reason:
I’ve got a lot of buildings, and I get confused trying to sort through them all individually. Since this idea was in the archive, it looks as if I’m not alone in my state of confusion.

Details:
this could work as “column sort” function under the individual tabs, or as a separate sort menu for the entire inventory.

Balance:
?? not sure what this means…

Abuse Prevention:
N/A

Summary:
A sort function in the inventory would be a useful timesaver for all players, as well as being an instructional assistance for newbies who may not understand what they have in their stores.

MOD EDIT: Added spoiler tags as same content is in OP's post too.

Pafton

Viceroy
Since you've presented a formatted version, I've moved this back to the main ideas forum and have even added a (mandatory) poll to it.

the sorting imho is fine. however, i'd really like it if my filter is saved when i e.g. build a building or upgrade from inventory, because now i have to reenter it every time (which is clicks and more clicks and some typing too). i know it is not impossile to save filters, because it does so when selling stuff from antiques dealer too when selecting stuff :p

Sl8yer

Regent
Is there any harm in letting this (formatted) idea incubate for a while? As it is, in the mean time people can vote so that we can objectively measure how many like/dislike this.

So how many are supposed to like/dislike it?

DeletedUser

Not sure if so many options would be feasible - would be great though ;)
Personally I would love an option to show:
1. Normal buildings ONLY
2. Event/Special buildings ONLY

This post convinces me .

Status
Not open for further replies.