• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Duplicate Add replace unit button

dracoo

Farmer
Reason
Hundreds of fights per sector are needed in guild battles. That's thousands of clicks to replace wounded units. As long as a player has healthy units, he prefers to replace them rather than heal them. On a mobile app this is much more complicated.
Details
The button would only exchange wounded units for healthy 1:1 units from a field of 6 attack units. Of course always only before the first battle.
Possibly attached units for the same and similarly unattached ones. The button could be to the right of the attack units.
Balance
The button could help engage players who, due to busyness and lengthy unit swapping, only manage a few dozen battles and haven't helped significantly in conquering sectors.
Abuse Prevention
The opportunity to cheat should not be there. Perhaps just a slightly faster conquest of sectors?
Summary
It seems to me that the players would welcome this. The programmers will surely find an algorithm for this process.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
I did a search for replace units and couldn't find that exact function. If I overlooked it, I apologize.
Please consider replacing wounded units before the first battle using the 1-click button.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
This is a part of an often requested feature: being able to use templates. In GBG, you often use 1-2 layouts for the most part, another 2-3 for edge case situations (e.g. high attrition fights). Would be great if one could get the preferred layout with just 1 or 2 clicks and not replacing units 1-by-1. Obviously selecting a layout would mean the game would pick the healthiest units always, therefore functioning as your idea, replacing wounded units with full health ones.

dracoo

Farmer
I was considering templates, but the 1:1 swap feature would be the best fit for the game design under construction for now. I would lean towards templates in the future as well.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I, too, would like this idea. It's too time consuming to click out wounded units and replacing them with fresh ones. I would go for the preset idea as I had seen in a game that gives players up to 3 formations to best setup for certain strategic layouts so they are prepared in winning the battle.

This would solve pretty much all army management issues. As long as it didn't take additional clicks.

I also hate fighting on mobile because of the dragging and dropping units an having to DRAG the bar to get to the units you want because the 888 app won't remember that I want to only display SAT units EVERY TIME between logging into it. I don't know how people can say they fight faster on mobile than with a mouse. It's completely in the literal stone ages with how badly its designed on the app.

Thunderdome

Emperor
This would solve pretty much all army management issues. As long as it didn't take additional clicks.

I also hate fighting on mobile because of the dragging and dropping units an having to DRAG the bar to get to the units you want because the 888 app won't remember that I want to only display SAT units EVERY TIME between logging into it. I don't know how people can say they fight faster on mobile than with a mouse. It's completely in the literal stone ages with how badly its designed on the app.
I feel ya, mate. I had this problem with the mobile that I stopped doing things on it.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Touch and select behaviour should be kept patent for mobile appo_O

Steve jobs died and no one to claim the behaviour now:rolleyes:

PC users enjoying units selection in the army management screen always makes me feel more jealous. There are more thing to get jealous on PC users especially on the army management screen.

Don't know why no one is ready to make improvements in the army management UI for mobile app even after decades. Stacked units is not a UI improvement, it's a performance data(units) load improvement. Not sure about when they will consider it and what they are scared to do now.

dracoo

Farmer
I see a new feature, wounded units in the currently selected attack army are already sorted by wound.

Gedrog

Squire
This is a part of an often requested feature: being able to use templates. In GBG, you often use 1-2 layouts for the most part, another 2-3 for edge case situations (e.g. high attrition fights). Would be great if one could get the preferred layout with just 1 or 2 clicks and not replacing units 1-by-1. Obviously selecting a layout would mean the game would pick the healthiest units always, therefore functioning as your idea, replacing wounded units with full health ones.
I would also prefer a profile reload
I often use 3 loadouts for different attrition levels
0-20 I use cannon fodder
20-60 the best light unit combined with rogues
60 and above best high attrition unit
Having a reload button for a selected profile would certainly reduce the RSI

This would combine well with a template/profile loader if/when implemented.
A template would contain certain units. If they get wounded they should not be automatically changed with healthy one, it should still be a player actions.

1:1 substitution with healthy troops would be beneficial regardless and be useful in the future too.
Dead troop's empty slot should be left to the player to fill manually (the template would help there).

never going to happen because: it removes the incentive of being able to *heal* units with usage of diamonds. and cutting any diamond usage out of the game hurts innogames' income.

Thunderdome

Emperor
never going to happen because: it removes the incentive of being able to *heal* units with usage of diamonds. and cutting any diamond usage out of the game hurts innogames' income.
The only time I had USED this bit was when I had Hovers in TE. Other than that, no one really uses diamonds to heal troops when they can get them through 'traz, GE, GBg, and other places.

Why was this idea classified as duplicate?
What is it a duplicate of?

This is not the same of the template or ready army idea! It's a separate feature (even if some comentator above doesn't get it).

Tudor Almighty

Merchant
I kinda of got bored of doing GBG for this very reason, too many clicks, too many fights, for rewards that unfortunately don't scale up with age, I used to earn more from GBG than from my own city, but now it's not the case anymore and I don't know why I should waste time with GBG anymore, Inno should find a way to make it easier and more appealing for us, more clicks and more fights thanks to bigger attack/defense stats is not the answer or what I want.