• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Add one more level to Last Activity Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordVaderIII

Marquis
Reason
A vacation can easily be 7 days and I wouldn't want to drop a friend just because they are on vacation. This would also much easier show friends that have given up on the game.
Details
The first three are the current indicators, the last one is my suggestion for an addition.

Green - Less than 2 days
Yellow - More than 2, less than 8 days
Red - More than 7 days
Dark Red (maybe black) - More than 30 (maybe 14) days
Balance
No balance issues that I can see.
Abuse Prevention
I don't see how this could be abused.
Summary
Add an additional level to the last activity display.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes
Current:
There are three levels of Last Activity:
Green - Less than 2 days
Red - More than 7 days

Proposal:
Add a fourth level for Last Activity:
Dark Red (maybe black) - More than 30 (maybe 14) days

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Very good idea but Inno will never accept.
Otherwise we would all see that on a live world instead of the 25,000 players announced, only 2,000 are still active.

Emberguard

Emperor
Otherwise we would all see that on a live world instead of the 25,000 players announced, only 2,000 are still active.
I mean..... If you're going off of the activity indicator that is currently on the Social Bar that's set to a 7 day activity check. Increasing that to 30 would make for more active players, not less. 'Cause then you're increasing the length of time it's checking

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Exactly !
Leaving the indicator at 7 days or more helps to maintain a doubt. Changing it to 30 and above would show a huge amount of casual gamers.

forwandert

Farmer
It might just be worth them adding vacation mode that they already have in some of Innos games.

It stops all productions and stops you being attacked. Then it could have some kind of indicator that you are in VM (could be something simple like a text overlay over your portrait) You just have so many days a year and press it before you log out.

Most of the games they have it on at the minute are the real 24/7 war games which you can lose cities on but it would be a good highlighter for when your on holidays and save you disconnecting things to stop being plundered.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
With FOE you don't lose anything, your city cannot be destroyed.
What is the use of disconnecting everything so as not to be looted if you don't harvest for several days?
Especially if you have invested at the height of your arch, it generates beautiful surprises on arrival ...

forwandert

Farmer
With FOE you don't lose anything, your city cannot be destroyed.
What is the use of disconnecting everything so as not to be looted if you don't harvest for several days?
Especially if you have invested at the height of your arch, it generates beautiful surprises on arrival ...

Pretty sure I said "things" if I meant whole city I would have written that.

Emberguard

Emperor
save you disconnecting things to stop being plundered.
Mass Self Aid Kit
3 Day Tavern Shield

Plus there have been times over the years I've seen players post on the forums asking why their neighbours disappeared and reappeared during the middle of a two week cycle. Case in point:
Disappearing Neighbours (2013)
Neighbours Disappearing (2016)
Vanishing Neighbours (2017)
Reddit Thread - 2 months ago

The 2013 thread mentions neighbours being removed after 3 days of inactivity. The 2017 thread mentions it being a 7 day time period. Not sure when the Tavern City Shield was introduced, maybe there were changes in mechanics?

Either way, you may already have some form of "vacation mode" in the game that activates silently and without a limit on amount of uses per year. In fact, this is now easier then ever to test length of time not logging in due to the activity indicator as long as you add those particular neighbours to your friends list

I've gone on 2 week vacations and d/c'ed my city until I returned. You can also put in your profile that you're leaving so friends don't drop you for activity.

I'd actually prefer if it measured time since last aid rather than them just logging into the game....

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I've gone on 2 week vacations and d/c'ed my city until I returned. You can also put in your profile that you're leaving so friends don't drop you for activity.

I'd actually prefer if it measured time since last aid rather than them just logging into the game....

Last aid is already easy enough to track from aiding by event log if you're going to be that kind of keener. Aid however many days back you deem acceptable. See who didn't make the cut.

But as a very casual aider myself (and that might be phrasing it generously :p), my standards when it comes to aid aren't that high - i try to arrange my city to not be too dependent on it either. But I still have no need to keep around someone who hasn't logged in for the last month. Whatever reason I have them there for (GB thread, trades, goods sales, snipes, etc) they're no longer of any use to me. So it's nice to have the activity meter based on login since there's already a way to check on aid. The only reason I'm checking at all is because I probably need a spot to add someone else.

SlytherinAttack

Baronet
Baking Sudoku Master
Not willing to complicate much for understanding about knowing Last activity. Happy with three levels which is already too much like felt from my side.

If it really needs to be improved, can go with the following change,

Red - More than 7 days ( Last Active Date - 09/04/2021)

By having this change, user can easily get to know what they are looking for.

Note:
Date format: mm/dd/yyyy (09/04/2021)
mm - month, dd - date, yyyy - year

Last aid is already easy enough to track from aiding by event log if you're going to be that kind of keener. Aid however many days back you deem acceptable. See who didn't make the cut.

But as a very casual aider myself (and that might be phrasing it generously :p), my standards when it comes to aid aren't that high - i try to arrange my city to not be too dependent on it either. But I still have no need to keep around someone who hasn't logged in for the last month. Whatever reason I have them there for (GB thread, trades, goods sales, snipes, etc) they're no longer of any use to me. So it's nice to have the activity meter based on login since there's already a way to check on aid. The only reason I'm checking at all is because I probably need a spot to add someone else.
What reason to keep them on the list if they don't aid you though? You'll probably know the people you need to keep in outer-guild 1.9.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
What reason to keep them on the list if they don't aid you though? You'll probably know the people you need to keep in outer-guild 1.9.

Some worlds i'm in multiple cross-guild 1.9s. I can't possibly keep track of everyone that I might run into in one of them there.

Some might be good at posting trades I want or taking my trades - neither of which will cause me to remember their name (especially on the taking mine end).

And certainly more than a few times a goods buyer has come back to me and acted like I should remember them and I'm just sitting there drawing a blank "uh huh, yea been going good. what's up?"

nice2haveu

Baronet
There are three levels of Last Activity:
Green - Less than 2 days
Red - More than 7 days
IMO, by displaying last seen date is more than enough. Too much of words and not expecting one more level.

Will suggest the current changes,
Green - Less than 2 days
Red - More than 7 days

to

Green - Last seen: Date
Yellow - Last seen: Date ( > 2d )
Red - Last seen: Date ( > w )

What reason to keep them on the list if they don't aid you though?
There are several reasons to keep a Player as a friend, not merely for Daily Motivation / Polishing:
  • For trading purposes. The Friend could have a huge goods inventory and can supply large amounts of goods when needed. Or he/she sells goods x FPs and therefore useful when ready to build a GB of higher eras above.
  • For GB Investing purposes, either in 1.9 threads, or the Friend has GBs from where you need BPs.
  • For Tavern visits to achieve a Daily Challenge or Event quest.
  • For sentimental reasons you want to keep the Player at the list to remember him/her even if not playing anymore.

There are several reasons to keep a Player as a friend, not merely for Daily Motivation / Polishing:
  • For trading purposes. The Friend could have a huge goods inventory and can supply large amounts of goods when needed. Or he/she sells goods x FPs and therefore useful when ready to build a GB of higher eras above.
  • For GB Investing purposes, either in 1.9 threads, or the Friend has GBs from where you need BPs.
  • For Tavern visits to achieve a Daily Challenge or Event quest.
  • For sentimental reasons you want to keep the Player at the list to remember him/her even if not playing anymore.
I think you're going to know who these people are and not go by activity indicator to decide to remove them though. Maybe not the tavern people, but if they aint emptying their tavern there's not much point in keeping them unless they fall under the other reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.