• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Add championship league after diamond league

HardWire

Merchant
Reason
it is a tried and true method of determining the real champion. Pitting the top guilds against each other rather than less powerful guilds being thrown to the wolves to get eaten alive. The current system is reduces participation. Less powerful guilds often just give up when they get to diamond, or are forced to give up because they keep getting beaten back to their base and held there.
Details
details are pretty much in the description. You guys are the designers, I cut meat for a living. Though now that I am thinking, it may be a good idea to remove the option to instant finish buildings with diamonds in the new championship league. But cut the building completion time in half to keep things moving. In such a competitive match, it would not be as good of an indicator of a true champion if it was won because one guild outspent the other using real money
Balance
This change does not affect any features other than GbG
Abuse Prevention
Abuse prevention? There will be no more abuse than what may or may not already exist except for the possibility of a guild bringing on other members sourced from guilds on a temporary basis just for the championship. To prevent this, once a guild enters the Championship League, the ability to bring on new members is suspended until the end of the championship.
Summary
I do think this will stop a lot of complaints. It may even be a good idea to remove all personal rewards for the Championship League so there will be no farming or agreements between guilds for farming to get what would otherwise be increased rewards offered for an additional higher league. This is purely to find out which guild is the best at fighting, not making or seeking deals with other guilds. The championship building will be enough.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
I have looked, I have not seen anything similar suggested.
Description: I would like to see the championship work more like a bracket. Only diamond winners advance into a new championship league. the field narrows until there are only 2 guilds left to fight against each other in the final. Stream that final battle on you tube.
Let everyone place bets. Give the choice to bet diamonds or fps to get more interest in the stream.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Una Queen

Squire
it may be a good idea to remove the option to instant finish buildings with diamonds in the new championship league. But cut the building completion time in half

sorry but this here alone wont get accepted as you are trying to take away diamond purchases from inno. sorry, but I see this being rejected.

sorry but this here alone wont get accepted as you are trying to take away diamond purchases from inno. sorry, but I see this being rejected.
i suppose he means it to be replaced by an "acceleration" (of 50% or something) instead of total completion of the building?

HardWire

Merchant
i suppose he means it to be replaced by an "acceleration" (of 50% or something) instead of total completion of the building?
not at all, I think removing the option of spending diamonds to gain an advantage should be removed completely. Reducing the build times by 50% will keep things moving. It will also change strategies, Time vs attrition reduction, vs increase in VPs. It might make sense to place improvised field camps saving time to take a more valuable sector while sacrificing the VP increase and attrition reduction.

not at all, I think removing the option of spending diamonds to gain an advantage should be removed completely. Reducing the build times by 50% will keep things moving. It will also change strategies, Time vs attrition reduction, vs increase in VPs. It might make sense to place improvised field camps saving time to take a more valuable sector while sacrificing the VP increase and attrition reduction.
well, at least it boosts the usage of brains :p more strategy means less simple button mashing for points :p

HardWire

Merchant
It very much does. It exists for a reason, it would not be implemented as you are suggesting.
Well, aren't you just a little ray of pitch black? So, would you be put down as a "no" or just a "I don't care cuz i'm just here to complain cuz I say inno is too greedy" At any rate you are still just being petty
I am not saying that it is to be EXACTLY as I propose. My proposal is to restrict the Championship League to guilds that actually have a shot at the title. Like playoffs where the field is narrowed until the last two are standing for the final battle that determines the winner. previous wins don't count in the final. The winner takes all. It also removes the less powerful guilds from the field where they don't have a chance.

Arch1e

Marquis
Well, aren't you just a little ray of pitch black? So, would you be put down as a "no" or just a "I don't care cuz i'm just here to complain cuz I say inno is too greedy" At any rate you are still just being petty
I am not saying that it is to be EXACTLY as I propose. My proposal is to restrict the Championship League to guilds that actually have a shot at the title. Like playoffs where the field is narrowed until the last two are standing for the final battle that determines the winner. previous wins don't count in the final. The winner takes all. It also removes the less powerful guilds from the field where they don't have a chance.
The way the new GbG works has been discussed during the beta test, short as it was, and during the past 7 seasons on live. Nothing of what you are suggesting is new. So forgive me if you only just realised that the game has had a diamond spend to speed up GbG buildings for over 3 years, and that cost was increased for the new format, with a reduction in chances to get some back. And forgive me for what I actually pointed out, which was that what the poster you responded to was correct.

HardWire

Merchant
The way the new GbG works has been discussed during the beta test, short as it was, and during the past 7 seasons on live. Nothing of what you are suggesting is new. So forgive me if you only just realised that the game has had a diamond spend to speed up GbG buildings for over 3 years, and that cost was increased for the new format, with a reduction in chances to get some back. And forgive me for what I actually pointed out, which was that what the poster you responded to was correct.
I am suggesting eliminating the diamond spending for GbG in the proposed Championship league only. I am not suggesting it for any other league. Sorry for being a wise-a** towards you. The main take-away in my proposal is to create another league where it does not have guilds that just landed in diamond league where they cannot compete and are laying down for the season to get back to platinum.

bornempire

Steward
My take is two critical points:
1. The time it takes to built the most expensive camps is too long. So that triggers the guilds who have many diamond buying members have an unfair advantage. On beta it used to be normal that you wouldn't have to buy diamonds to win it. So there was a fair competition on that part, despite the corruption which is allowed to KYPIAPXOI.

We all now there is a mixture of people playing who have difficult circumstances in real life and others who can easily effort to spent a lot of money. If now the winners are the ones who have the most spending capacity, that's a copy/paste of real life and the less priviliged will feel as bad as in real life. The prize for the most expensive camps should be reduced. And the building time too.

2. I don't think it's fair some small guilds who have hardly any members can win a season and get a much higher ranking then guilds who took a lot of effort to let their guild grow to over 40 members. It's very difficult to let your team grow from zero to 40+ members. So, yes, then it is even worse to see that the ranking system is organized in a way that guilds with only 10-15 members are put in a league with same size members and get a higher rank then those small guilds with mostly members who consider beta as 'it's only beta, it's only testing, so I can't spent my time here.

The complaints of small guilds are taken too seriously by Inno. The comment in the summary that 'personal rewards should be removed' is in my humble opionion ridicilous. It puts incentive on people who 'only want to look what is new on beta'.

We did compete to about all top 10 guilds since the new GBG rank system was introduced. There is no longer the long time system of guilds agreeing on SWAPS. At the best you will find an agreement to 'not destroy camps'. But that's all. There are even several top 10 ranked guilds who give the answer 'We have plenty of treasury, so we will destroy camps' to make sure they get first rank.

Yes, it's a competition. Is that different then on other servers? They don't compete there? Or do people like in this proposal want to have beta be a world to 'only look'? I don't think that's the real thing of a testing ground. You should be willing to test it to the ultimate competition. Playing fair.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
It wouldn't change anything
Being in a "diamond" league with 1000 LP or being in an "other name" league with 1000 LP is the same thing.
To improve you have to change the composition of the guilds to have more strong guilds. There would then be less difference between guilds.
This would be achieved by limiting the number of members, for example to 40.