• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Add Ability to Search by Great Building name in the Global Ranking tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady FB

Farmer
Reason
Since I was unable to do a search within the Inno system - I had to use an outside system, namely ForgeDB in order to gather this information. It was tedious as Forge has a tendency to be somewhat out of date. It would have been much more efficient to be able to search within Inno's own system.
Details
Have an option on the global rankings great buildings tab to be able to search for a player's name or to search for a great building's name.
Balance
I am not a programmer, but it would seem to be easy to reformat to allow this feature addition.
Abuse Prevention
I cannot see where this could be abused. The information is already there, it just needs to be collated better for easier access. There is already a message system in place that allows someone to message another player who is not in their guild, friends or neighborhood list. So no issues of privacy.
Summary
Allow a player to search for great buildings in their world by great building name as well as having the option to search by player name. This would make it easier to find great buildings that a player needs blue prints for, but that isn't currently being leveled in their guild, by their friends or in their neighborhood.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
This idea is not listed on the DSNL list, nor is it listed on the new idea list. The only 2 similar suggestions were made in 2017 and 2015.
In searching for blue prints for the Chateau, I went to this tab (global ranking tab - subtab great buildings) thinking that I could search for players who had the Chateau, and then check to see if they were currently leveling their Chateaus. Instead when I used the search term Chateau, it pulled up all the players that had Chateau in their player names. Not helpful.

I used the forum search to see if anyone else had made this suggestion. I found one posting in Jul 2017 suggesting the same - there was no reply to that suggestion. There was a similar suggestion in Mar of 2015 with one reply that agreed with the suggestion. I haven't found any other similar suggestions.

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

Sl8yer

Regent
So you want to search for GB's that are currently not being levelled in your Guild. If you bring up a list with the GB you are looking for, how do you know it is being levelled? That list will bring up a lot of names of players that are not in your friendslist or hood. Do you want a second filter for that?

Totally waste of dev's time.

Lady FB

Farmer
So you want to search for GB's that are currently not being levelled in your Guild. If you bring up a list with the GB you are looking for, how do you know it is being levelled? That list will bring up a lot of names of players that are not in your friendslist or hood. Do you want a second filter for that?

Totally waste of dev's time.
If I was able to use the search on Inno, I could see if a GB is being leveled by looking at it one day and then looking at it a second day to see if there is a change in fps on a level. The ForgeDB provided that info on their site. What I did when I found that a Chateau was being worked on was I wrote to the player asking if I could take a slot on their Chateau. It took a few messages, but I did find person(s) willing to let me take a slot. And then I sent them a friend request. Mission accomplished - I was able with a few new friends to gain all the bps needed to raise my Chateau. My suggestion was if Inno added the search by great building name, then I would not have to go outside the Inno system.

Rusje

Steward
Good idea, +1!

It is already possible to do it on an external site:

But of corse it would be better to have an in-game function.

Moderator note, removed link to external website.

Last edited by a moderator:

vesgouo

Baronet
+1.
Old need

Obs: I found THIS.. : https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...eral-suggestions-for-the-game.4066/post-23637
several years later,

(Sorry, English)
external programs (like helper) are finally answer old needs.
When FOE copied the function of displaying the remaining timer of the tavern boost in the guild expedition, a light of hope lit up in me.

Maybe someday we will have filters in the market, incident counters, production statistics, and, who knows, maybe, some kind of calculator for the arc (have you ever thought about how many times a day should be used by players external ways of calculating the arc bonus...?)

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
Apologies, please vote again in the poll as it was possible to vote both yes and no as all users could vote multiple times without changing their vote.

CrashBoom

Legend
Apologies, please vote again in the poll as it was possible to vote both yes and no as all users could vote multiple times without changing their vote.
the vote is still not correct
Your vote will be publicly visible.
because
Important: Please do not check either 'Display votes publicly', or 'Close this poll after:' - polls in the Ideas section need to be of unlimited duration, and we have decided that they should be secret.

There is a tab for Players ranking, with search possible by the Player's name.
There is a tab for Guilds ranking, with search possible by the Guild's name.
There is a tab for Great Buildings ranking... it should have a search possible by the Great Building's name. The most logical thing to do. If provided with a second tier filter option to narrow the list by Friends, Neighbors and/or Guildmates much better.

A search there by Player's name is not only not logical but redundant. If we would want to know the list of GBs that a player has we would go to the Player's ranking, or at the social bars, search for the Player and get from their profile the list of GBs, or simply visit the city and see.

sailorsaint

Farmer
There is a tab for Players ranking, with search possible by the Player's name.
There is a tab for Guilds ranking, with search possible by the Guild's name.
There is a tab for Great Buildings ranking... it should have a search possible by the Great Building's name. The most logical thing to do. If provided with a second tier filter option to narrow the list by Friends, Neighbors and/or Guildmates much better.

A search there by Player's name is not only not logical but redundant. If we would want to know the list of GBs that a player has we would go to the Player's ranking, or at the social bars, search for the Player and get from their profile the list of GBs, or simply visit the city and see.
+1, this is exactly the need.

You just forgot: upon a time in the player's profile was no list of his GB. And the GB ranking was the only way to get such a list. But the game is changing. And the GB rankng now in its current form is an anachronism.
Agreed, in its original design the tab of GBs with search by Player/GB Owner's name had a purpose, now due to other developments in the game it is an anachronism. Fix the anachronism, align it with other developments already made and solve a new identified need: Be able to sort the GB Tab by GB name, reason well defined by the OP in the idea proposed and in Post #3.

Owl II

Emperor
Agreed, in its original design the tab of GBs with search by Player/GB Owner's name had a purpose, now due to other developments in the game it is an anachronism. Fix the anachronism, align it with other developments already made and solve a new identified need: Be able to sort the GB Tab by GB name, reason well defined by the OP in the idea proposed and in Post #3.
I agree. Now we have to convince the devs of this ;)

Thunderdome

Emperor
+1 from this station.

It would be extremely helpful, especially with the new GB that is out and about that many of us had sped on by (well, Inno introduced it way late as a quest line) and missed.

shad2389

Viceroy
+1
when i was looking for Arc BP's i would have loved to have this filter for GB's in global serch
lets riot till they give it to us lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.