• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded A New Tab for Selected Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4421

Reason
A tab could be added below the "helmet" in attacking army selection. It would be used to immediately select a different army, saving 8 mouse-clicks to clear the old one.
In a 2-wave battle, the second army wave always has its own tab.
Details
The selected army would then be the army for the next battle and the new tab would have an empty selection. All damaged or unwanted units would immediately be returned to inventory.
Balance
This may have some impact on GvG warfare because it would speed the army selection process.
Abuse Prevention
I can not think of any way this would cause abuse, or cheating
Summary
I am tired of having to click the mouse 8 times just to select a new army, it would cut the number of clicks by almost 44%.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
I have looked.
I am suggesting a new tab matching the second, lower, tab for the defending army in a 2-wave battle.

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser4421

The tab would not allow a second army in a 2-wave battle, it would always be blank. And, it could also be used as a surrender option.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Personally, I would go for the "preset" option where it can store various army layouts to be used instead of having to clear out all the 8 units to change in the new ones.

There was a suggestion I saw that spoke of replenishing reserves when units are damaged in battle (1 for 1 of the same unit).

DeletedUser4421

I don't want a "preset", I want to reset. That would be much easier to program into the game,

DeletedUser4421

Although, a preset would be even better, I only use 3 different sets of units.

DeletedUser10338

I don't want a preset, I'd like the option to reset my army. This would be easy to do

DeletedUser4421

Personally, I would go for the "preset" option where it can store various army layouts to be used instead of having to clear out all the 8 units to change in the new ones.

There was a suggestion I saw that spoke of replenishing reserves when units are damaged in battle (1 for 1 of the same unit).

Yes, but a "preset" option would be much more difficu to codel than a reset - that would be plain and simple.

DeletedUser4421

*Yes, but a "preset" option would be much more difficult to code than a reset - that would be plain and simple.

DeletedUser4421

@ Beelzebob666 - I may have suggested a "preset" arny selection in the past but this is a much more simplified code to write, The game already has a 2-wave defense with separate tabs, I am not asking for that either, only a clear and empty blank army before every battle!

DeletedUser4421

What if the units are useless in the next battle??? Like battle #1, you had all artillery selected, and battle #2 you face flying units? I am not speaking of 2-wave battles, only consecutive 1-wave battles.

Could you explain again how/when the new tab will be filled and when is to be used?
What I understand is (please correct me as needed):

1. Player opens Army Management screen.
2. Select an Attacking Army for his next battle..
3. Check his/her Defensive Army and found that (please reply which are possible):
  • is already selected and has up to eight (8) units undamaged? (possibly just 2 Spear fighters if Player likes that strategy)
  • is filled with up to eight (8) units mixed with undamaged and wounded/damaged units.
4. The "new" tab is at this time has ...
  • an empty selection? open to be filled by the Player at this moment?
    • if not, when the Playter fills this new tab?
  • selection has already been made, new tab is not empty and ready to replace .
5. After a selection is made for the new tab....
  • When this selection will be used?
  • To be used as a new Defensive Army automatically replacing the previous DA after a battle where the DA suffer wounds/damaged units? New tab becomes empty?
"New" tab will not be used as Attacking Army, just as Defensive Army replacement units, right?

DeletedUser4421

1. This has nothing to do with Army Management.
2. Its Battle Army Management for selecting units to use.
3 . Not related to city defense at all.
4. The new tab would have an empty screen, previous (wounded) units would remain unavailable unless they were removed, player could select units from inventory to fill the new screen.
5. The selected units in the selected tab would be used to start the next attack, it has NOTHING to do with defense. The tab would be empty again, after the battle is completed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 4.02.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 4.02.07 PM.png
    638.8 KB · Views: 21

DeletedUser4421

The new tab could actually be nothing more than a button, putting all selected units back into inventory and showing a blank slate for a new army.

I have already agreed with this. And the more I have thought about it when actually fighting, the more it makes sense. When entering a new Age/Era I normally fight manually until I find which troop combinations work best for me. then I switch to mainly auto-battle. Especially when speed is called for. Definitely in GBG and GvG. Even in GE there have been times competition has been so fierce that we have had to do all 4 levels without stopping to keep the gold as soon as GE opened. Yes the ability to have a couple of preset armies would be good. but being able to quickly replace wounded units be even better.

"Not related to city defense... " Then only to attack army.
" The selected units in the selected tab would be used to start the next attack,... " To provide for a fresh army to be used in a second battle of those two-battles fights, instead of finishing the battle with the same army?

That would remove a difficulty level in the game, making it easier. => Do not Suggest List.

Status
Not open for further replies.