• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected a Leap Forward for INNO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
This would give Players ALL the options to keep them interested in the game; bored players will start looking for other games to keep them occupied, that's less time for "Empires". It would take some effort by the Designers, but all the tools to do this are already in INNO'S TOOLBOX.
Details
A small mini-menu with Event Options
Balance
This doesn't change any of the Game Features, it just gives players more choices, to avoid Deadly Boredom. There have been plenty of times, where I've done everything in my city, done the expedition, done Battlegrounds, went to the Antique shop, etc. ,etc. and still found myself looking for something to do.
Abuse Prevention
No Exploits needed or desired.
Summary
I suggested some new possible Events near the end of my post; any Development of those Ideas is completely up to INNO.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Of course.
Why not just list ALL POSSIBLE EVENTS on a small mini-menu, let people choose and start any Event they want, all the scenarios and results are all handled by computers anyway; if you feel like doing a Winter Event in July, go ahead! People will always try new Events out of Curiosity, so the Development Team will still be busy. People will also go back and try Events they liked in the past, or may never have had a chance to try ( life sometimes gets in the way)
Does it really matter which month you do a lilypad Event, or an Egyptian exploration?
No, it doesn't. Seasonal Events will still always get played.
( I personally like the falling snow)
New events will also always be played-
there are so many possibilities; Pirate Events, Space Exploration Events, Gold Mining, Catacombs under the city, New additional levels to the Expedition, Mysterious hidden mazes found near the city, a strange Dungeon found under the Tavern, Unlock secret additional levels to the different Civilizations? Unlock additional slots for more friends, Etc, Etc...
Throw Creativity in the blender with a grenade... a Sea Change like that would put Forge of Empires ALL OVER SOCIAL MEDIA.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
As long as the rewards are replaced or completely removed... otherwise it would make farming certain rewards way too easy - may it be FP, goods, or even the event buildings

independent from that I do not believe that Innos current infra structure and Event design would allow for this feature - bigger changes would certainly need t be made in the background to allow for such a feature

this is prob the situation you get when there'll be no more new ages, and new types of specific events added to the game: an endless, boring loop of events you can self-activate (at the cost of diamonds ofc), and complete over and over for the same rewards, and build cities that are specialized for things like GBG. and inno does not have to spend a $ while this runs, because they don't have to.

It would demote the Events to just a Settlement Run. (Example: Im bored, what to do? Run another Egypt Settlement or start the Halloween 2021 event in February 2022?)
  • It will make it too easy to complete a 2nd, 3rd, or 6th Event Building if not enough upgrades were obtained in the normal scheduled event instead of waiting for the upgrades be available at the Auction Dealer and the time to be able to catch and win enough auctions to complete.
  • It will reduce diamonds income to Inno since less or no diamonds would be spent during events to get additional upgrades if the event can be repeated for free over and over and over again to get those upgrades wanted.
Having all events available at a Menu?
  • Even limited to the events released during last 12 months (Example: include Winter Event 2021, not the Winter Event 2020, Winter Event 2019, Winter Event 2018, ...) How much memory requirements the game will require? Probably not a big issue in computers but a critical issue for mobile devices.

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
Thank you for your suggestion.

As the votes on this are mostly "no", I won't forward the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.