• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback A Dirty Trick

DeletedUser

After all the frustrations of this game, to go through all the trouble of getting the Irrigation research because I desperately needed the room, the expansion for my city, and you have to buy it with diamonds. Diamonds aren't even listed on the Town Halls list of goods. Now I'm stuck. To get the other expansion, I need to build the Lumber mill and I don't have 40 people, nor a place to build another residence. I think I'm ready to quit. When I came on this morning, the first thing I got was "You're too late. The produce has spoiled. Click to clean!" Cheez. I have 3 production bldgs-2 Hunters and one Pottery, 13 stilt houses, one Slinger and One Spearfighter bldgs-and umpteen decorations to keep my people happy and I'm stuck. I need to build a lumber camp to open the other expansion, but I don't have 40 people and no place to get them.

P.S. I'm also constantly getting Error Messages that I'm not producing, and the whole thing resets, which is rather irritating when you're in the middle of trying to figure something out.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

First of all, I spent 7 research points on that too, as I forgot to look what else I had to pay. Though, sell some houses and build more hunter/pottery/blacksmith buildings. Huts will be fine. I'm pretty much in the same stage as you. What rank are you atm, I'll have a look at your town and see where I can help. :)

DeletedUser

First of all, I spent 7 research points on that too, as I forgot to look what else I had to pay. Though, sell some houses and build more hunter/pottery/blacksmith buildings. Huts will be fine. I'm pretty much in the same stage as you. What rank are you atm, I'll have a look at your town and see where I can help. :)

You're very nice and I thank you. Where do I find my rank. I know I'm not in the top 80! *Smile

DeletedUser

We might get some free Gems soon for testing this game, so don't worry.

Also, about production, what helps me is not collect them too fast. Click slowly and you get less errors (especially on bad net).

DeletedUser

We might get some free Gems soon for testing this game, so don't worry.

Also, about production, what helps me is not collect them too fast. Click slowly and you get less errors (especially on bad net).

Thanks for the tip and will look forward to the free gems-got some ideas now about rearranging my city plan so it is more fruitful.

DeletedUser

"You're too late. The produce has spoiled. Click to clean!"

this is really anoying - especially as there is no info how long one can wait till a ready-produce spoils... would be nice when at least there would be a given time till the produce spoils

DeletedUser

this is really anoying - especially as there is no info how long one can wait till a ready-produce spoils... would be nice when at least there would be a given time till the produce spoils

I'm pretty sure it depends on the "package" or "product" you're making. If you're making a 4 hr package, you'll be able to wait more time until it spoils than a 5 min supplies package. If you're playing everyday, I suggest you click on the package with the time it'll take you until you play again. A player who's playing the game for the whole hour will use the 5 min package. A player who will log-in only on the next day should use the 1 day package... If you're going to log-in in a few days, it'll spoil, and that's the point of the game. So you'll have a reason to come back and play every day if not more often.

You're very nice and I thank you. Where do I find my rank. I know I'm not in the top 80! *Smile
Oh. Well, I can only give you basic guidelines then. Private message me with some info regarding your buildings and I'll see what I can suggest. Visit some top 80's towns and see their strategy for an efficient town. :)

DeletedUser

well, this whole "spoiled product" thing is kind of useless with the current system of diminishing returns, it seems like a product of a bygone age, perhaps something tested in the alpha versions.

DeletedUser

Hi Rusty, do realize this is beta. If you encounter something that imposes undo hardship, post in the Feedback section your suggested change (be nice about it please - honey works better, etc). If you encounter a bug, post in the Bug Tracker section, providing enough information to move on to the next stage. Active beta testing (providing feedback and reporting bugs) will improve this game substantially and is the main reason everyone has been provided access to the beta. :)

DeletedUser

Hi Rusty,
My suggestion will be: build houses that provide more population and sell other houses so that you can free your space

DeletedUser

An easy way to learn Rusty is too look through other player's towns to see their layouts and tactics.

DeletedUser

After 6 hours it spoils if i'm not mistaking someone asked it in here ;)

On topic: I did the same thing, and I learned that I will never research something again again before I see the unlock price :p

DeletedUser

Well, I finally figured a few things out. Thanks for all your tips. Did visit quite a few of the other guy's palaces and picked up a whole bunch of ideas. And, yes, I have learned to look at the unlock price of researches. I'm a little slow on the uptake, but I am learning a whole lot. God bless this forum and the people in it. Thanks, everyone. Boy, learning is such a painful process, isn't it? - :)

DeletedUser

Hi Rusty, do realize this is beta. If you encounter something that imposes undo hardship, post in the Feedback section your suggested change (be nice about it please - honey works better, etc). If you encounter a bug, post in the Bug Tracker section, providing enough information to move on to the next stage. Active beta testing (providing feedback and reporting bugs) will improve this game substantially and is the main reason everyone has been provided access to the beta. :)

This is not a beta tester - it is an "Exclusive Preview!" Yes, they certainly want to know about any bugs but, I could be wrong, but I think their main interest is in whether or not we like the game well enough to want to play it. Sort of an admiration test, if you will. A test of success. Once they get the bugs out, I think they have a winner! :)

Exactly, Hellstromm....a rose is a rose is a rose is a rose.......:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ah well, I have a different purpose for being here. Making it a better game, debugging and posing suggestions, provides a better product and increases the likelihood of it being a winner. ;)