• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: [40786] Tavern icon does not update correctly

Andi47

Overlord
I will ask for it to be checked if it was included in the update, but if we cannot reproduce it on Beta then I cannot report it as an issue.

Seems that the update / fix still did not fix ALL cases of wrong chair symbols - I just caught one which is telling lies:
Tavern_chairs_still_lying.jpg
1.96.db5df99 (24.02.2017 8:30), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 24,0,0,221, Windows 10, Chrome/56.0.2924.87, 1920x950, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)

Edit: Guess: From time to time the chat has a disconnect - and reconnects a few seconds later. I have recognized that the responsivity of the server itself (e.g. when doing a GE negotiation) is quite low during the disconnect - so it seems that it is not just the chat - it is the server which disconnects and reconnects (or does the client have some fixed times where it disconnects and reconnects?).
After such a dis/reconnect in some cases the synchronization of the client with the server might no longer work properly for all aspects of the game (example: this also affects the Carnival at the live servers - in some cases they no longer do their animations, and do not update the hearts/roses count). And YES - the chat had a disconnected and a connected line when I took the screenshot.

Edit2: I also observe this on the live servers. The tavern often works properly, but when the bug occurs, there are quite a number of wrong chair symbols at the same time!

Edit: NormaJeane - 2017-02-25 - Too large image(s), spoiler tags were added.

Last edited by a moderator:

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Chairs are still updating correctly too though, so this appears to be some specific case. If anyone has more information to share that might be useful, please do.

Examples - how long were you in the game before this happened? Any actions in particular you did right before this? Estimate time of visiting the player in question might also help us look more closely at it.

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
Chairs are still updating correctly too though, so this appears to be some specific case. If anyone has more information to share that might be useful, please do.

Examples - how long were you in the game before this happened? Any actions in particular you did right before this? Estimate time of visiting the player in question might also help us look more closely at it.
the Forum of Greek Servrs
there is debate about this error
we did some tests
when changes are made to the data of the tavern
a delay time
the emergence of new data
This is valid up the player to go from the city

my conclusion is that
It has no relation to the time that is inside the player
change-related personal details
the personal scores
if stagnating
http://prntscr.com/edas9m
more likely not seen and the changes of the tavern data
Sorry for the English is by automatic translation
The original text in Greek

Στο φορουμ του ελληνικου σερβρς υπαρχει συζητηση για αυτο το σφαλμα
Καναμε καποια τεστ
Οταν γινονται αλλαγες στα δεδομενα της ταβερνας
υπαρχει χρονο καθυστερηση στην εμφανισει των νεων δεδομενων
Αυτο ισχυει μεχρι ο παιχτης να βγει απο την πολη
Το συμπερασμα μου ειναι οτι :
δεν εχει σχεση με τον χρονο που ειναι μεσα ο παιχτης
σχετιζεται με την αλλαγη των προσωπικων στοιχειων δηλ την προσωπικη βαθμολογια του
εαν παραμενει στασιμη η βαθμολογια του αυξανουν και οι πιθανοτητες να μην φανουν και οι αλλαγες των δεδομενων της ταβερνας

Last edited:

Andi47

Overlord

well - since one of the last few updates the chat does not become empty for a few seconds when dis/reconnecting (and displaying only "disconnected" and "connected" and nothing else for a few seconds, and then returning to the normal text without the disconnect/reconnect messages), but keeps the dis/reconnect messages below the normal text. (this is one of the new things which are NOT mentioned in the daily changelogs).

Therefore I was able to observe that I had a "disconnected" and a "connected" message in the chat, which means that the chat had a disconnect while I was online. (note: the red disconnect/reconnect messages disappear when reloading - and no, this feature is not yet active on the live servers)

My guess is that the server (i.e. gameplay) is affected by the chat disconnects - and that sometimes the re-connect does not work properly, i.e. after dis/reconnect the synchronization of the client with the server does no longer work properly (until next reload)

Andi47

Overlord
well - since one of the last few updates the chat does not become empty for a few seconds when dis/reconnecting (and displaying only "disconnected" and "connected" and nothing else for a few seconds, and then returning to the normal text without the disconnect/reconnect messages), but keeps the dis/reconnect messages below the normal text. (this is one of the new things which are NOT mentioned in the daily changelogs).

Therefore I was able to observe that I had a "disconnected" and a "connected" message in the chat, which means that the chat had a disconnect while I was online. (note: the red disconnect/reconnect messages disappear when reloading - and no, this feature is not yet active on the live servers)

My guess is that the server (i.e. gameplay) is affected by the chat disconnects - and that sometimes the re-connect does not work properly, i.e. after dis/reconnect the synchronization of the client with the server does no longer work properly (until next reload)

Just observed on the live server (de):
1.) Chat added "disconnected" and "connected" lines (in german language) as next lines to the normal text (i.e. messages written by players)
2.) for a brief moment the chat was empty - then the text (i.e. messages written by the players) returned without the disconnected/reconnected lines

I guess this is how it SHOULD work - but it seems that sometimes the reconnect does not work properly (as yesterday on beta) - and when this happens it seems (I guess) that the chair symbols are no longer in sync with the server (i.e. start to become outdated), and (on live servers) the event goes out of sync (masks no longer showing the animation, number of hearts not updated).

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Can you please check if anyone's still experiencing problems since today's Beta update. The issue should hopefully be resolved now.

Andi47

Overlord
still not fixed: I just had a chair symbol saying "available", but the tavern was full. (did not update when attempting to visit)

Either there is just another special case which can cause this, or this is related with the current sync problem: When collecting a big bunch of shrines, Sky Watches, etc. with the "Collect all", a reload (or go to continent map and return) is necessary to get the FP into the FP bar.

1.97.c243f55 (03.03.2017 8:30), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 24,0,0,221, Windows 10, Chrome/56.0.2924.87, 1920x950, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
still not fixed: I just had a chair symbol saying "available", but the tavern was full. (did not update when attempting to visit)
Not reproducible with the known reproduction steps that include the old disconnect/connect from chat. So if it's still happening we'll need more information.

Either there is just another special case which can cause this, or this is related with the current sync problem: When collecting a big bunch of shrines, Sky Watches, etc. with the "Collect all", a reload (or go to continent map and return) is necessary to get the FP into the FP bar.
General FP problem, nothing to do with game sync.